CES 2019

What are you guys expecting out of this?

Attached: CES-690x0-c-default.png (690x447, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/lg-confirms-full-hdmi-2-1-support-in-2019-tvs/
media.ccc.de/v/35c3-9671-self-encrypting_deception#t=2155
j-oled.com/eng/technology/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A massacre.

Attached: cYHapmi.png (600x800, 481K)

/thread

Intel, Nvidia, and Apple killing themselves.

I'm Greek and even I have saved up 500 Euros to finally upgrade my i5-3570K into a Zen 2 system.

The hype is real.

A bunch of nerds to be trick rolled by hikers while in Vegas. That's just my prediction though.

5.2GHz 32 cores PCIe4/DDR5 AM4 Ryzen 3800X.
Anything less and I'll be disappointed, after all that's the specs Intel shills have been false flagging for the last month ^__^

Hookers*

... God damn it...

LG Confirmed their 2019 TVs will have fill HDMI 2.1 support for things like 4K 120fps input, VRR, etc.
cnet.com/news/lg-confirms-full-hdmi-2-1-support-in-2019-tvs/
>LG confirmed to CNET that its 2019 OLED and high-end LCD models will include full-spec HDMI 2.1 ports. That's the first such confirmation by a major TV maker.

>That extra bandwidth opens the floodgates for higher frame rates and resolutions, like 4K at 120 frames per second or 8K at 60 frames per second. The downside? To pass those higher-bandwidth sources, you'll finally need to buy new HDMI 2.1 cables.

>HDMI 2.1 also appeals to high-end gamers and people who want to pass Dolby Atmos video more easily to AV receivers and sound bars. It offers variable refresh rate (VRR) and automatic low latency mode (ALLM, or auto game mode) for the former as well as enhanced audio return channel (eARC) for the latter.

fpbp

32 core 6 Ghz AMD CPUs for 50 bucks. It'll be fun either way though.

If you didn't watch any 35C3 you probably don't need to watch this.

I watched a guy write "hdparm --update-firmware --yes-i-know-what-im-doing --please-destroy-my-drive /dev/sdb" live on stage ... but he meant /dev/sdc

That's about all I learned.
Can I watch Lisa now?

Go ahead sweety

Thanks mom. Don't call me for diner I'll be playing formite.

More garbage to sell to gamer idiots who are so addicted they continue to do business with unethical shit hole companies?

Like 99% of CES has nothing to do with home computers. Its all IOT, home appliances, TVs, and random gimmick tech like drones.

hdmi 2.1 OLED tvs

I hope they'll figure out how to make OLEDs without persistence issues so I can finally get a good monitor with better than sRGB coverage.
Where's my DCI-P3 and Rec 2020 at?
Instead we've been stuck on Rec 709 for 30 years.

OLED panels are always going to die sooner, no way around it. Just set them to shut off after 5 mins of inactivity, change backgrounds often, hide the taskbar, etc. Preventative measures are all you can do. You should be able to get a few years out of one with every day use.

Been waiting for years for a reason to get a smartwatch that's actually worth it. Hopefully this time it happens.

I don't see why it the technology wouldn't improve with time, it's already pretty good.

I've spent long times with the same browser tab open on my phone, with plenty of fixed content on the top and bottom of the screen, but it hasn't burned in yet.
And I'm talking spending >12 hours on the same very autistic thing.
reading fanfiction, if you want to know.
... horse fan fiction

I'm still waiting on those 65 inch nvidia big format gaming displays... I've had 27 inch 1440p for 3 years now. I mean cmon already jeez

65 inch displays have existed for a long time. Too bad they don't have the GAY MEN branding.

>I watched a guy write "hdparm --update-firmware --yes-i-know-what-im-doing --please-destroy-my-drive /dev/sdb" live on stage ... but he meant /dev/sdc
C-can I have a link to that?

Jewish tricks

a shitshow

Attached: 1546111597182.png (854x640, 609K)

media.ccc.de/v/35c3-9671-self-encrypting_deception#t=2155

Thanks

Hopefully pic related, more or less

Not sold on them being actually competitive in terms of GPU, despite Nvidia shitting the bed with the RTX series, but we'll see.

No matter how AMD's presentation is going to turn out, the board is going to turn into a warzone of shills either way.

Attached: AMD rumored Zen2.png (1920x1080, 1.28M)

Vega would have obliterated novidya if drivers weren't so shit you practically had to code in assembly to extract most of the raw FP32 compute power. Pic related was one of the few times game devs went above and beyond for AMD.

Navi MIGHT fix this with a new architecture but I got cold feet too desu.

Attached: Dirt_1080p.png (1295x1392, 44K)

Confirmation of Ryzen 3700X specs, seeing as it's the cpu i'm going to buy this year for my new build.

I play at 1440p so I haven't needed to upgrade from my 4770K, only my GPUs

It's my understanding that Dirt 4 performs so well on Vega because it's relatively more raster heavy and less geometry heavy, meaning it doesn't bottleneck Vega's front end the way most geometry heavy games do.

Fuck off retard where exactly are all these 65 inch 4k 120hz displays at huh? Around for years...ffs if you're going to mock someone at least make sure you know what you're talking about first

Unfortunately conspiracy theories say they're going to raise prices compared to the leaks, even if the specs are on point.

Foilfags say they organized their own leaks with those really good prices to gather public opinion, if response had been lackluster they'd have kept with that plan.
But with everyone calling it too good to be true, they're going to raise prices (which in the end is a good thing for them and for investors — they desperately need to raise their margins).

That's the conspiracy theory, at least.

new sennheiser momentum headphones.

Retro-Bit is going to announce the release date of this, which is going to be awsum.

(I'm thinking of the Saturn version but same-same.)

Attached: DlUeGHIUwAAkwcY[1].jpg (1024x613, 67K)

JOLED dominance

Attached: 1541605176457.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

That's just a brand name. OLED isn't new.

it's a completely different tech from the gooks, no more color filters to burn in

a bunch of gamer trash

Retard. Enoy needing 4 1080tis.

Update this for Zen3/Navi someone :(

Can they do freesync?

If that's the case then I look forward to seeing more info on it. I couldn't discern that from the video.

A boring AMD conference for great products that won't do it justice. 8k TV meme. VR crap

it's on their site
>. In the case of “White OLED” technology, color is produced by color filter that causes loss of 3/4 light, and color reproductivity contradicts light utilization efficiency.
j-oled.com/eng/technology/

Attached: 1519357181521.png (1150x492, 44K)

I don't know what I expect, but I hope for some meaningful MicroLED applications.

you will be disappointed
that might be their stock price after CES
plz be real
looks perfect for basedboys

>you will be disappointed
I'm not even sure anymore. The leaked part numbers, sources, and other official communications from AMD all point to their 7nm parts being absolutely amazing.

If there's no I/O die on the Ryzen parts — which I better hope is true or they'd be destroying latency in a really stupid way — given that they seem to have fixed their frontend (caches, 2x bandwidth, better predictors, ...), if they have all of this it's going to be INSANE

- Possible boost up to 5 GHz
- Twice as many cores
- Fixed the main IPC bottleneck (frontend)
- Supports PCIe4

Fuck I should take a loan just so I can buy more way OTM $AMD calls.

Its the DDR5 bit that I NOPED at.

I would love the rest of it to be true though.

Oh yeah, I was just memeing with that. The DDR5 specification isn't even out yet, we're still at draft version 0.5 AFAIK (So practically ready, and products working in the lab, but probably nothing fully finalized until this summer).

I expect to see Jow Forumsposting about this advertisement event.
I look at one thread but antifa flag crap so why pay attention to garbage.

Are you sure there is a 3800X?

Last I saw it was 3700X at 5 GHz boost

The most credible sources I saw say the 3700X cleanly reaches 5 GHz, but only has 12 cores.
The 3800X has a full 16C/32T, but compromises on a few 100 MHz (which makes a lot of sense: the odds of all 16 cores being good and also binned so high that the chip reaches 5 GHz boost is really low, too expensive to produce.)

Now there's also rumor of a limited 3850X edition for the 50 years of AMD (like the 8086k), this one would be a crazy best binned golden chip.

But of course nothing is sure yet, we're all gonna have to wait a week and see.

>the 3700X cleanly reaches 5 GHz, but only has 12 cores.
Can you imagen reading this 18 months ago?

Yeah I'm not typically a consumer fanboy kind of person, but I've never been this hype for an announcement.

Exciting times. TSMC must really be happy with their position.

Me too man, me too. Last time I had an AMD product was Opteron 165 when you could 120% over clock from base to 3+ghz for 2 cores, shit was insane. since then though have I've bought Intel because Price/perf etc.

so fucking hoping they announce at CES.

Well, I wouldn't say cleanly, its stated turbo is 5ghz, let's hope it's more with better cooling.

Ah yes i forgot, the 3800X was their Ryzen 9. Well i hope you get what you wish for, but it's stated as 4.7ghz boost

I'm getting the 3700X but I don't really need 12 cores, I'd rather 6 with a higher than 5 ghz boost

It does say turbo, which means even the worst binned chip has to reach that number to not go into a lower bin model.
I imagine they're going to sell enough 3700X than there will be some binning variation, so (still assuming the leaks are true at all) plenty of people will probably be stable at 5.1.

I just want 8c 16t... but 12c 24t might just sway me for that Epeen and intel tears.

This is Jow Forums tho, if I double my cores my compile times are pretty much slashed in two.

Now when the 3700X's base clock is 400 MHz faster than my 3.8 GHz boost clock and it has 12 cores instead of my 1700X's 8, it really doesn't feel like only two years passed.

Any user to CES this year?
What booths will be interesting?

The main question is will ever see a train derailment as bad as the 2013 Qualcomm Keynote ever again?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Nothing, I am dead inside.
I am open to be positively surprised though.

Well I, for one, am happy that I'll soon be able to play fortnite by staring at my closed fridge door alone in the dark of my kitchen at 3AM.

Attached: h6izyjjxapnaerhj2og2.jpg (5091x2864, 1.9M)

A lot of shitposting

DiRT 4 must be coded very poorly. Because the 1080TI actually has higher compute performance than vega 64 on air. The pascal boost, the "silent" overclock that pushes the GPU past the boost clock when there temp and TDP room to spare, usually pushes the 1080Ti to 13 to 13.5TF

optimistic about zen 2, pessimistic about navi
pic made me kek though

Are you retarded? The color filter improves the life span because the underlying cell is color neutral (white) as opposed to separated subpixels, since blue has about 1/10th the efficiency of red and green. JOLED hasn't fixed shit. The problem is inherent to organic material with self-emissive elements. The burn in is caused by each pixel degrading at different rates and the organic material of OLED inherently degrades quicker than inorganics. If JOLED is claiming to have fixed it then they're just straight up lying. Most likely they're just claiming a refresh method that LG, Sony, and Samsung have been using for years in TVs and phones is a "fix". The only real improvement known for years is TADF, which has some sketchy claims under even the most ideal lab controlled situations.

tl;dr anyone claiming to fix burn in in OLED is lying. The technology only has a few improvements left in it, and at best we're talking going from days of constant use to maybe a week before you start getting short term burn-in. That's why companies are looking at uLED even though it's incredibly difficult and expensive to make in comparison.

>1 hour
Fuck off, give me the 2 min timespan I need to laugh at

I too am hopeful for ryzen, but be careful with the Vega hype.

I hope AMD is overly successful in 2019 that it goes to their head so they can have an extravagant keynote in 2020, featuring Dante from the devil may cry series.

I'm very skeptical about the 5GHz leaks, but I really hope to see them become reality.

moon

>I'm getting the 3700X but I don't really need 12 cores, I'd rather 6 with a higher than 5 ghz boost

Depends - if the PS5 an Xbox Scarlett are really going to use 8 cores as rumored, then the PC ports are probably going to need more cores to run well because ports are often poorly done.

OLED has a shitty lifetime < 3 years

>consoles actually take larger advantage of multithreading
>finally the gap between pc and console hardware shrinks enough to make ports super easy

please, take us out of bad port hell

A decent fucking thin 15" laptop that doesn't sound like a jet engine

a lot of jewish bullshit

I literally linked to the timestamp and it's a 20s soundbyte.
Step it up sempfamalam

swedish haggis man dabbing big time on entire tech press

Attached: 2019-01-05 14_57_26.png (926x1451, 209K)

>generate random string in amd model number format
>confirmed leak
dear god

dumb newfag

Still worse than display port...