What does Jow Forums think of my build?

What does Jow Forums think of my build?
First one I’m going to buy
Open to suggestions and tips.
Trying to keep it below $800

Attached: 3DB43B13-2B9C-481E-86FE-21DAEB65E2E7.jpg (1000x1000, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/WQGmjy
pcpartpicker.com/product/fZKhP6/asrock-x370-taichi-atx-am4-motherboard-x370-taichi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wait until after Wednesday.

>wait until july
Fixed.

pcpartpicker.com/list/WQGmjy

Build is below, and why? I’m fine with waiting a little longer but not until July.

Bump

AMD's CES keynote is on Wednesday. Announcing Zen 2 CPUs. I think some of them will become available before May, but the 16c/32t ones definitely will require new X570 mobo which isn't coming until May/June

Dang I might just have to keep using my shitty laptop and just save up more money for a rig then.
AMD has gotten me excited, been wanting a gaming pc for a while and it seemed like a good time to buy now.

Don't do it dude. Much as you may dislike Nvidia for good reasons, AMD just isn't up to par. Go on eBay on look for a Titan-V or another Nvidia. I tried building an AMD for my little cousin, and they just aren't even close to the same. I hope it changes in near future to end the Nvidia monopoly, but right now it just isn't close.

Just hang in there you pussy.

Attached: huge.png (1119x719, 633K)

Titan V isn’t in the price range, looking for a card that’s $200-350 max

A vega 56 can easily curb stomp a fucking gtx 1080ti. Why would you buy something that costs more and gets less FPS?

Attached: Dirt_1080p.png (1295x1392, 44K)

Depends. The RX 580 is plenty fine for 1080p.

Holy shit, I’ll probably go with the ryzen 3600x

>but the 16c/32t ones definitely will require new X570 mobo
Say that to the Crosshair 6,7 and Taichi X370/X470

That’s what I thought, even wanted to get the sapphire nitro version for faster clock speeds and good cooling

You're welcome. Definitely try undervolting and OC'ing (if you change the TIM).

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-04-19-55-25(1).jpg (720x939, 214K)

Like this?
pcpartpicker.com/product/fZKhP6/asrock-x370-taichi-atx-am4-motherboard-x370-taichi

That’s so tempting, think I could find a slightly used one on eBay to keep it cost efficient?

Wait until Zen 2 unless you absolutely need a new PC now.

The one game that vega outperformed nvidia.

1070 would be a much better card and is far more power efficient. Sad that AMD made worse cards than ones that are 2 years old

Fuck off

Any titan is really only for deep learning or other AI tasks, and even then the RTX titan is like 1k cheaper with near comparable specs

Show us your nose.
AMD outperforms NVIDIA by a large margin at the $300 and below price range.

Sorry don’t know this side of the board to well I’ll fuck off
Thanks guys

Hmmm, up to you but lack of warranty is something to consider. Used vegas have been PUNISHED with 24/7 asscoin mining.

It's a growing list. Also thanks to finewine it is able to at minimum match the performance of a gtx 1080 in over half of games. Let that sink in.

Attached: GIMPWORSE_VS_FINEWINE_0.jpg (744x736, 162K)

AMD has pledged to stick with AM4 until 2020 though

Right but that doesn't mean 16-core SKUs will play nice with B450/350s. They'll most likely work but lack of DDR5 and 95W target TDPs will prevent them from being used to their full potential.

I would definitely wait a week and see what gets announced, because there's a good chance you could get a MUCH faster PC for the same money inside of a month. If you are dead set on buying this instant, I would buy used. I scooped an RX 580 8 GB for $150 on eBay with over 2 yrs of warranty left on it

It just isn't the same. Only advantage I found to building And was that it was far easier to use multiple monitors without having to worry about the entire "Gsync" scam and the settings and quality of putting together multiple monitors on a Nvidia setup and both more difficult and don't run as smoothly. Other than that, it's just not comparable yet, though I very much hope for the day when it is.

Skip the cooler and use the included one, use the savings to buy faster ram.

>Trying to keep it below $800
>pcpartpicker.com/list/WQGmjy
Use AMD's stock cooler instead of the 212 evo and add the cheapest 500 GB SSD that you can find. SSDs make a huge difference in load times and overall system responsiveness. AMD's stock coolers are decent. The 212 evo might let you eke out a marginally higher CPU frequency or slightly reduce the fan noise, but that wouldn't be nearly as noticeable as the benefits from an SSD.

>Wait until after Wednesday
If OP decides to hold out for zen 2, then he should be prepared to be waiting for several months. Just because AMD is officially announcing zen 2 next week doesn't mean OP will be able to buy a 3600x next week. Zen 1 and Zen+ didn't actually start shipping until spring of 2017 and spring of 2018, respectively.

Since the r5 3600x will be compatible with any AM4 motherboard, OP could always build the PC now, upgrade in a few months, and sell his 2600x at a mild loss.

Well that day may be a few more updates away. If nothing else just wait for navi 2, it's going to be the base to compare other graphic cards to soon.

OP blatantly fucked up on his RAM choice. He could by 3000 MHz ram for basically the same price, no need to downgrade other components.