Why isn't Fedora more popular...

Why isn't Fedora more popular? I used to think Linux on the desktop was a pipe dream because Ubuntu and Mint are so terrible. Then I tried Fedora and I haven't looked back. It's rock fucking solid.

Attached: fedora.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rpm-software-management.github.io/announcement/2018/03/22/dnf-3-announcement/
spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is popular.
You don't hear much about it here because it's not a meme distro and it just werks

Because dnf is shit and slow.

Absolutely this. Don't listen to the trolls.

rpm-software-management.github.io/announcement/2018/03/22/dnf-3-announcement/
No u

Small price to pay for not having to deal with random crashes.

It supports a ton of proprietary hardware also it is maintained by the Red Hat. Biggest guy in the game around gnome. It's popular af in the industry coz of the support.
shame goes on the package manager, that is slow af

>muh APT
DNF isn't just a barebones frontend to RPM

>apt
I use pacman.

well aren't you special

budgie solus is better

fedora gnome is a good distro as an entry distro. it's what i learned linux on

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-04 14:52:50.png (1366x768, 386K)

KYS, Kevin.

Because name is shit.

Attached: fedora.png (479x455, 288K)

it was wrting in C, no suprise it was slow

Because it's named after the most embarrassing hat in the universe and so people do not want to associate with it. That's it.

No AUR.
This and this also.

Isn't AUR just a dumpster pile of software ridden with malware and things like that?

That's mostly FUD. I never ran into any major issues with it. Plus the build files are dirt simple. If you're at all concerned just review them before you install. Personally I run Gentoo these days, mainly because Arch forces systemd now, but I never really had any issues with the AUR.

fuck off kevin

fedora is popular, but it just werks 99% of the time so no one has to brag about fixing it.
dnf might be slow but at least it's more reliable than apt-shit
we have the COPR but really if you can't make && make install yourself should you even be using a computer?

actually just downloaded it on my personal laptop and holy shit its awful. I'm coming from a year of debian and fedora runs unbelievable slow!!

I use redhat servers a lot at work, but my god was fedora terrible on a lappy

Have you even disabled SELinux?
Also remove gnome-software (or at least disable it from loading at startup )

I use Fedora, as great as it is, I fucking hate gnome as a stock de and it doesn't need to exist.
Budgie is great, but solus is not, fuck off kevin.
AUR is shit and so are the maintainers.
>fedora runs unbelievable slow!!
>lappy
Whatever you decide to do next, please learn some english in that 3rd world shithole you live in.

Attached: 1546098546856.gif (239x200, 438K)

ehhhhh i dont think i did any of that

too late tho, giving centOS another go rn hehe

Fedora ran slower than windows 10 did........

Attached: nobulli.png (1024x601, 551K)

Either you've done something wrong or are using gnome, Windows 10 runs like ass compared to fedora, what are your specs lad?

Attached: 1546140335291.jpg (500x375, 20K)

def using the default gnome

i3-2350m @ 2.3ghz and 8gb ram
its a craptop but its enough

Attached: debate.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Because kids just get their laptop with Windows 10 from the store and just dgaf anymore.

You're gay

seems pretty low end, thought the ram is nice
spins.fedoraproject.org/xfce/
Try this spin first then lxde if that isn't good enough, gnome should be put down, good luck user.

Thanks bud, I'll give this a whirl!

Fedora is basically a shitty version of OpenSUSE. Worse package manager. Worse installer. No system snapshots. No Yast.

Linus uses it so it must be good.

Attached: 1539040816239.jpg (1279x1920, 213K)

Because the innovative and cutting-edge nature of it isn't appealing to someone who want an OS that just werks. Also, the name itself
>*tips fedora*

I think its popular, but as soon as people play with newer software they move to something like CentOS. Some packages might be outdated, but maybe flatpaks(seems like fedora aims toward these) would fix that, although they need to make their distribution model better.

Default install comes with ~1500 useless packages.

Who cares unless you are running hundreds of them?

Last few times I have tried to use fedora it has been a buggy piece of shit

Not Stallman approved.

Attached: 6233e6df183fbed65fe5bc8a862054b55465a065a0783a18049a08fa37a62fe3.jpg (1920x1080, 140K)

So?

stallman doesnt approve of anything anymore, whats your point?

He recently approved of Hyperbola, dummy.

>LTS arch
Because him saying not to follow linus anymore doesn't mean shit, stallman can fuck off at this point, the only good thing he ever made was gpl, and that's a stretch.

>caring what some homeless man thinks

checked & kek'd

This. No issues, so no noise.
Tops