/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: b36bead9ff6e5e3b7e8e183d2e0f59fd.jpg (1980x2800, 1.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
youtube.com/watch?v=H1YIgwPsX5Q
szynalski.com/tone-generator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cute drawing of me

buy stax

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax headphones are literally audiophool garbage

Attached: 15456591310290.png (251x242, 114K)

Reminder to never buy veiled and muddy "neutral" snaphones.

Attached: topmud.jpg (480x320, 14K)

>buy mud shitphones
>apply mud machine-generated EQ for ZOG shill "Harman"
>enjoy pure distilled mud

Attached: kek.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

Was recommended pic-related last thread but I can't find much info on them
Anyone know anything about these?
Any other recommendations for closed-backs around $100-$120?

Attached: Mackie MC-250.png (1242x1500, 882K)

Stax incels on suicide watch, lmao

>also buy expensive cables
>and audiofool outlets
The absolute fucking state of this hobby.

Pssst, hey. Hey /hpg/. Did you know that there has not been a single substantiated (pic+timestamped) negative impression about stax? Shhhh, keep it down. If Nikita hears he'll go ballistic.

Attached: 1283736291020.gif (500x281, 1.63M)

It's called post purchase rationalization. Do you know that there's also not a single measurement that shows them as being neutral? That's right they're colored as fuck.

>he doesn't know what neutral is

Attached: 1547829821082.png (1662x1617, 1.58M)

To be fair, the only timestamped impression about stax I remember is from the alcoholic boomer

But even with correction Stax sound worse than mid-fi, lmao

Attached: 1250501947476.png (767x769, 21K)

Attached: 1546655414111.jpg (4032x3024, 2.9M)

LOL how will staxfags even recover?

STAXfags eternally BTFO.

fucking newfags

Attached: 1507090598762.png (652x480, 52K)

EQ sounds so artificial.

Um that's my picture but ok. Please help me identify the issue. I refuse to believe my beats doesn't distort while my stax does. Link to quality stream/ file where I can test if my stax is an issue?

just link the song and time where you hear distortion, also why are you feeding the trolls you asshole

STAXTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1546522660940.gif (540x304, 1.52M)

Jow Forums(nel) is for memes why contain it?

Attached: tumblr_inline_opt302SDsA1qggg2t_1280.png (740x493, 380K)

>trolls
Huh? I'm new to hpg sorry man, didn't mean to

lol you can ask nikita for help he'll be sure to set you up right you dopey ass piece of shit

I second this. Stax sound like shit.

Attached: 20190105_063226.jpg (3024x4032, 2.94M)

I'm sorry user, your uncle scammed you. He realized they were shit and wanted to get rid of them. I hope you've learned your lesson.

user, why would you post an image from 28th December and give it a timestamp that puts you in Azerbaijan?

because it's nikita posting other people's photos again like the creep he is

K7XX Y/N?

HD6XX.

name a general with more mental illness posters than /hpg/

Attached: 1542847644046.jpg (500x281, 52K)

What's a /hpg/ approved set of cans for $100 or less? Bonus points for
>good treble & bass
>aux and bluetooth

When I got Stax I could not believe they sound so bad. Don't fall for the meme kids, Stax are absolute garbage.

Attached: 20181226_015426.jpg (1120x2016, 522K)

How did you know I was suicidal and depressed while making expensive headphone purchases just to fill the whole in my heart.

youtube.com/watch?v=H1YIgwPsX5Q
right here at the 21-23 second mark it makes a shrill distortion, makes my head cringe

Sounds fine on my dt 990

Sounds ok

that's definitely the source

Is there a good desk mic that works from like 20 inches away that I dont need some giant swinging robot dick to attach it to and get in the way?

the f note guitar pluck sounds very distorted on my stax while OK on my beats. Since I dont have high quality source files I dont know what is causing it.

it's gain compression from the pedal/tube amp they were using

It's in the source you tard
If you want to check for distortion just run a sine sweep
szynalski.com/tone-generator/

>beats so muddy you can't even tell a distorted note from a clean note
omegalul

Sounds pretty normal on my headphones.

Yeah, it's Stax shitphones distorting as always

I sincerely hope this is nothing more than a LARP

That's because STAX headphones are very colored and emphasize the bad parts of the spectrum, unskilled listeners thinks this makes it detailed.

I know what it is...Why does it sound clean on my speakers and and my MDR and Beats while creating buzz on my stax?
Relax, breathe deep with your nose, you sound like I offended your ancestors. It buzzes and makes a shrill note, i dont think that is normal do you?
solo 2 made it to hall of fame on inner fidelity. this is beats solo 3 and sounds even better. its not the old school beats with bloated bass.
it should be! I think my stax is broken or something. Possible manufacturing defect.

>it should be! I think my stax is broken or something. Possible manufacturing defect.
No it's working fine, STAX headphones makes all your music sound shrill and lifeless. It's all about dat ethereal sound bruh.

>solo 2 made it to hall of fame on inner fidelity. this is beats solo 3 and sounds even better. its not the old school beats with bloated bass.
Hohohohohohohohahahahahahahaha the fucking state of this coping lmao

Beats solo 2 measure pretty well despite being a bass boosted headphone. Not even memeing here. It has a very smooth frequency response.

That's just regular guitar distortion that is across the entire intro and the track as a whole
if this specific one at :21 is extra loud and you're not exaggerating, then yeah something is wrong on your end, but it's the same volume as the rest of the track on my end

You're hearing compression artifacts that you weren't able to before. If your other music sounds fine it's not likely to be your gear.

>I know what it is...Why does it sound clean on my speakers and and my MDR and Beats while creating buzz on my stax?
stax are picked in studies when simulating the distortion of other headphones BECAUSE they are one of the lowest distortion headphones around. if you hear distortion on stax you can be sure it's the source. your other gear is just crap m8

this stax incel damage control

>stax has the most distortion because it has the least distortion

from sean olive himself:

>I can't comment on whether magnetic planar or electrostatic's are more consistent but since they are open I suspect they would be good. The Stax SR009 has very low measured distortion so we've used that for virtualization experiments where we were interested in the audibility of distortion.

lmao stax incels are going full retard

And the result was that mid-fi AKGs sounded better than SR-009

Attached: 471.jpg (682x600, 144K)

>nostax incels are going to spam this image every thread
i hope your stax are broken user, you don't deserve them
stick with beats

yeah keep talking you dirty slav not the Case if i had an issue I wouldnt Have bought a better DAC would I?

Attached: 20190104_221716.jpg (3024x4032, 3.38M)

BASED boomer coming to fucking destroy the slav faggot

Samson Meteor

I doubt it. My uncle was praising stax during christmas dinner. He moved on to speakers but he practically gave me his stax for free. He has the omegas and the blue hawaii amp let me audition them.
Not defending my gear, but sharing what I've seen
Yes was surprised too, beats solos are not as bad as people make out to be
This one is the most audible for me. Listened to this track a hundred times already and this part stands out the most. Its weird because When I auditioned them at my uncle's place they sounded fine(his music not mine) Listened to basically every genre he had on deck.
I don't have lossy files or high quality compressed files for this track. I got a new computer and my old pc is back at home
I want to believe user! I really think its the shitty youtube quality

Mh755 with original bt module

Lemme judge your weeb cabinet.

itt stax confirmed being absolute garbage, not only objectively worse than mid-fi but also worse than beats LMAO

that's it, I'm finally filtering your ass. you are unbelievably mentally ill

Attached: 20181113_182309.jpg (3024x4032, 3.96M)

>t. triggered stax incel

Nice Horos. Swap out Mio for something else and you're good.

I bet you're very cute.

Judging by the clothes on the right, he isn't.

Pls don't tell me this is another niki shoop

He put that there to fool us. I bet he wears cute sissy clothes behind the camera.

This is reality.

>1/4 fig
Yeah manchild

This isn’t nikita, it’s some zoomer retard who thinks his beats are better than stax because he enjoys the sound of mud.

I have another Holo on the way with the Dengeki Bunko Bonuses with the scroll and Wheat pouch as well as another Akari Mizunashi figure as well as that super huge Love is war Miku Figure
UwU

Attached: 20190102_054406.jpg (3024x4032, 3.47M)

What the hell is this degenerate shit?

Show us your feet cutie.

Are those salt and pepper shakers by your computer?

nooooooo not the feet
salt and pepper Grinders but yeah

Just caught up. He is either retarded or new to this. No way he is a zoomer with tinariwen

you have high end audiophile shit, but eat in your weeb bedroom with a veneer particle board desk. I don't get it.

Anything similar to SHP9500 with the rare as fuck 3.5mm jack?

>nooooooo not the feet
Come on baby. Show us them anime headphone toes.

Bretty happy with my new earphones

Attached: DEF1387F-A796-42EA-8763-C32F42597465.jpg (2222x1536, 678K)

>high end
>stax
more like worse-than-beats end, lmao

>veneer particle board
why is that sort of stuff allowed again? I hate that.

HD58X

Oh shiet thanks

Particle board indeed

Attached: 20190104_225913.jpg (4032x3024, 3.45M)

I haven't fapped in 4 days. I'm doing No Nut 19. I want to bury my face in that ass. But I won't. I'll control myself. I can make it.

Carry Over: Is it possible Stax Lambdas sound so good because they're closest to the Fibonacci Sequence? Speaker designers used to claim this was an imprtant number, too. Every classic studio monitor approaches it.

Attached: fibonacci-sequence.png (832x524, 47K)

manlet detected

It's quite obvious from the chipped edge on the right from where you sit. Doesn't mean it can't be strong.
Also consider purchasing an ergonomic chair.