Best Linux Distro

I want to quit gaming and getting spied on and being a part of botnets, also want to get into brogramming.

What distro should I pick that isn't completely unknown with 0 software and 0 community help, that just werks and is small and fast?

Attached: tux.png (1200x1414, 259K)

Q4OS. If you can use Windows XP, you can use Q4OS.

> small and fast
> 0 community help

Pick one.

It's good that you want to quit gaming but escaping the botnet is a meme.

I mean something without a bunch of useless bloatware.

Also, what about Fedora?

GuixSD is botnet freeeee
Although it's on the border when it comes to your small community criteria. For something very similar but with a larger community see NixOS.

These are hands down the best distros (although perhaps not that friendly for new users).

install gentoo

Actually considering this, is it as hard as they say?

Also, I have a shitty laptop with an Intel Celeron N2840, how long is compiling shit going to take?

Not him but just do it.

What about LFS?

Honestly just pick an ez bloatware one so you don't get frustrated and give up, give yourself like 2 weeks on a baby distro and then come back and ask again

I've spent months distro hopping between Ubuntu/Mint/Antergos/Manjaro

Is Q4OS the new meme OS?

LFS is unmaintainable lmfao. Frankly Arch is really good and has great community support, but more may tell you to install Gentoo for meme status.

Attached: animu.jpg (590x660, 55K)

I kind of want to install Gentoo for meme status but I know that no one will give a shit and it'll take me days because of my shitty processor, I think I'm going to choose between Arch and Fedora.

Also, almost 11111 GET, rip.

no, is just a retarded shill stuck in windows
unironically CentOS, learn the terminal, bash, standard Linux commands, some gnu utilities, build from git, etc. Rock solid, based from Red Hat but without the support and certifications.
Debian is the second best, supported by some hardware manufacturers too.
Anything with software newer than one of those is just a meme that breaks often and doesn't work most of the time.

OpenSUSE
Fedora
Ubuntu

Definitely go with Arch, just know you'll be lumped together with 12 year old edgelord 'hackers'.

Attached: meditate.jpg (1280x1112, 638K)

Ignore the memers itt and just install Ubuntu or a Ubuntu variant. I prefer Kubuntu myself.

arch then, I know it's a meme. But it's the best next step

Start with Ubuntu, and once you're familiar with that, try one of the Ubuntu variants (Xubuntu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu). If you want to go further down the rabbit hole after that, try Debian, and then even deeper is Gentoo, Arch, and Slackware.

ATTENTION RETARD: THIS IS THE ONLY NON MEME RESPONSE IF YOU WANT A SECURE AND ALWAYS WERK SYSTEM.

The number one would be RHEL.
Because security fixes are signed with the souls of red hatters (and with your money), that they checked the CVE is patched. Unlike CentOS they rebuild the same source and give you the packages, but without checking first if it works (protip, since is the same source with same build options it also works but comes a bit later).
And Debian backports the fixes of the CVE but they never gave you a guarantee that it works on such software, so you actually can't be sure if the CVE is really fixed on Debian, they don't say if they check that the CVE is fixed or just that they backported the fix without checking.

Other options for security would be shit to be honest, Arch, Gentoo, Slackware, etc, have so little contributors and are so bad maintained that the stable release may have broken software or bad backported fixes, they don't do the best of the testing and put all the guilt of something not working on you. At that point you would rather be maintaining a distro, which you don't because you are the user. All that shit is for neets.

Is Fedora that much worse than RHEL?

gentoo

who is stallman?

Manjaro, Ubuntu, Fedora.

In my experience yes, Fedora 29 had some packages that didn't install because the dependencies were the wrong version. Example of this was ntop. And I crashed twice xorg for changing some things on the fly, I remember something I uninstalled crashed xorg even though it wasn't anything xorg related. I think the culprit may have been dnf or the xorg version just couldn't handle the process. I don't know. You get by easier than in Arch sure. And security is fixed fast, they rebase the package if the backported can't be done quickly. It's on their update policy "Fedora releases don't change the base package unless it's for a security or critical but fix". So it's mostly "stable".
But in general, having software that is new is just troublesome on any distro. Since bugs are found more often and it needs to change a lot until it's completely werks confirmed.
Ubuntu LTS has almost the same update policy as fedora, they often upgrade a base because they are lazy to backport a fix, and so a lot of updates keep rolling during the release unlike in Debian and CentOS. If you like KDE, between CentOS and Debian then Debian it is. Debian may be less bullet proof but it has more software by a long shot.

Arch. Well it's not minimal by any measure but at least it's not infinite bloat such as Ubuntu or Fedora (tips).

Gentoo is nice too

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed

Fedora doesn't seem very bloated, are you sure?

>systemd
>gnu coreutils
>glibc
>pulseaudio
>rpm
>packageKit
>policyKit
>consoleKit
>other kits
thats some bloat and that's only scratching the surface

FreeBSD

Seems like you would enjoy Alpine

I've been enjoying antergos, but on my next machine, I'm installing arch.

>Is Q4OS the new meme OS?
Yes but unironically. Install Q4OS.

Attached: snapshot1.png (1600x1200, 131K)

Unironically Artix GNU/Linux

What actual good option is there to systemd?

And why is it bloat?

debian

Debian stable. It just works, I did install botnet tier shit on it manually like Chrome and Spotify. Changed the Libreoffice to the newest as well. It won't work well with AMD video cards and manually setup for Nvidia is iffy too for beginners.

runit

CentOS or RHEL (developer subscription is free as in beer, it seems, but read ToS).

>What distro should I pick that isn't completely unknown with 0 software and 0 community help, that just werks and is small and fast?
Just pick anything apt based, rpm based, or arch based that looks appealing. Most of the info you learn will be relevant across all distros of the same family, so just pick one and learn it. For instance, if you pick up Ubuntu and actually learn how to use apt there should be no reason you couldn't pick up debian and be just as proficient.

>I did install botnet tier shit on it manually like Chrome and Spotify
use netinstall, you retard