Best Wheel/gas pedal for gaming?

Just bought this model. Supposedly, there's a game you can use with the Vive on Steam and meant to be pretty badass Gonna look for it tomm.. Anyone have this one or another model they've been using and can give feedback? I like the Euro ones.

Attached: g920-racing-wheel.png (521x342, 59K)

It's essentially a 10+ year old design. Basically a rebadged g27 which is a rebadged g25 (the g25 imo is better because the gear lever has sequential shifter mode) I hear they even sell the gear levers separate now which is a total scam.
After a year or two they start to lose calibration, so you'll be driving straight while the wheel sits 15 degrees to the left.
I've given up on sim racing due to the autistic user base and lack of competitive games, although since VR has came in its probably a completely different ball game.
I don't think there been much progress in the last decade in terms of raw physics but raw graphocs/ui absolutely.
I've given up. I just use an xbox controller with forza now. But if you're looking for something better I'd suggest a thrust master direct drive wheel or a load cell brake pedal mod for your existing wheel.

completely this, at this point even the Thrustmaster wheels are a chinkshit meme, I jewed myself and went from a broken but repairable G27 to a TX (Which is basically a rebadged T300RS for xgay one) and shit started to fall appart just when the warranty goyim was about to expire, the pots were getting stuck all the time so I couldn't run high as fuck like Kyle Larson on Jeff Gordan simulator, I sold it on feebay for $200 shekels and bought some arduino leonardo shit, mowtowr microcontrollers and drill mowtors to experiment/make my own shit, I'm looking forward on doing motion sim with broken whiper mowtors but that is a harder feat to achieve. I say you should go for the DIY meme user, you will learn more about gaymz and sims mechanics adjusting your bootleg arduino software, try NR2003 you will git gut with that shit and you will be able to hang out with the cool kids at /ovg/ and call them faggots for not being able to wrench irl or to keep up with you in turnleft simulator

Attached: suchspeed.jpg (228x221, 10K)

The G29 is the same except it has more buttons. If you don't need XB1 compatibility return your G920.

>since VR has came in its probably a completely different ball game.
I'm just looking for for the VR ones so I can enjoy a comfy drive around Europe and enjoy the scenery. They have to make a decent one sometime in the next ~5 years, although the "truck of peace" attacks have now threatened to complete fuck the entire thing. I
ll never get to drive on the autobahn or through switzerland so I wanted this since it's the next best thing.

the T300 is the best bang for buck wheel I feel. I sold my g27 then bought the T300 used and have been playing Dirt Rally every day for a year and it still works fine.

I guess I might just be lucky though since I've seen a lot of complaining online about quality problems hence

I've bindir dundat with nr2003 but I'm yet to get into the DIY shit and fuck I can't wrench IRL, never tried so much as an oil change.
/ovg/ is good tho, one of the anons actually bought Assetto Corsa for me a few year back. A few autists there tho, I tend to keep away now.

Ah I see. I would know much about the newer stuff that's put there but I can say the game Live For Speed, which is quite an old game, has had recent updates to incorporate VR. It's hands down the best physics engine of any game I've tried. Very competitive online user base as well particularly in the demo which is free with a few cars and I think 2 tracks. If you like it you can buy the full version which has more tracks/cars and a relatively active league series user base. This is strictly circuit racing tho so if you're looking for a forza horizon style eye candy game look elsewhere.

So is the G25 my best option for something that supports PlayStation 2 as well as PC?

Yes absolutely.
G25 is just as good if not better rthan the g27 which is the g29/g920x whatever the fuck its called

Have any of you guys ever tried or bought one of those cage things for simshit? I've been thinking of either going full /diy/ and building one, or buying a kit so I can switch between flight stuff or driving. Also, Technology.

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x266, 10K)

I myself haven't but I've got friend who have em.
If you have the space then go for it.
I find, as long as the chair I'm using is secure it's fine. If the chair has wheels or turns it can fuck you up a bit. I found it was to the extent of around 3/10ths per lap.
My mates who do sim racing insist it doesn't make a difference but I think they just need git gud. If you've ever driven real cars in anger you'll notice it.

Don't race cars have power steering ? That's even better than domestic cars I think this feel the road stuff is a larp

>Thrustmaster direct drive
>loadcell
TM has not yet made a DD wheel and a loadcell kit for Logitech pedals costs half as much as the wheel itself. The g29 will do you nicely as the only competition it's got is the t150 (which is much cheaper in build quality). The calibration problems this user is talking about are very rare.

if you manage to fuck the ball bearing of a g25 you probably had ffb at 80 to 90% all the time which by any standar is STUPID

my g25 to this day only needed some oil and literally nothing else
assetto corsa competizione is pretty much the standard nowdays in any way you see it minus the gamework shit

the absolute bottom tier right now is a g29 if you want to play SIM games and not retarded simcades like project cars

after g29 you are basicly being holded back by your money since direct drives motors needs some serious setup mostly because some of them can deliver 30 to 35nm of torque

Everything this guy said.
Sim communities suck and no matter how (realistic) the game/hardware you use is its nothing like the real thing

Just get a old crap bomb to fart around in and do it up

Oh I thought they did?
And a load cell mod can be done for cheap, logitech wheels can be bought cheap as well so half of fuck all is fuck all am I wrong?
I'm surprise that it 2019 load cell pedals aren't mainstream, it makes a big difference. Surely it does cost much more to mass produce? The electronics is very basic.

t. bus rider

Fellas,

I am trying to decide between a T150 Pro (with T3PA pedals) and a G920. Both are the same price (160€).

Thrustmaster
Pros
- "hybrid" system meme

Cons
- quality
- (supposedly) reliability

Logitech
Pros
- better quality and reliability than Thrustmaster

Cons
- (supposedly) bad brake pedal
- rereleased G25 for a higher price

Any opinions?

what wheel is best for beamng

SimXperience AccuForce Pro V2

the g29 has better motors and better springs on the pedals plus better bearing on the wheel
besides than its a g25 with more buttons

i beg to differ i play assetto corsa pretty much from day one with a g29 nowdays

the skills i learned and the minimal control you need to do on sims like that it saved my ass 2 times on road
one when i aquaplaned and the car basicly was going sideways when i regained control and i was able to save it before i go into a freefall into a fucking ravine
and two a day when it was snowing some crazy teen with a bmw lost control of it and it was coming towards me sideways i manage to flick it and push the rear of the car on the opposite direction avoiding a much much bigger crash with some scratches and a broken mirror

Oh tru what I'm saying to op is don't waste money on a crazy setup I only had 240 degree wheels and now only a game pad

F A N A T E C

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 132K)

I built one for like a third the price. It’s heavy as shit, but it doesn’t flex like the store bought ones because it’s made from 2” strut channel.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.17M)