/iemg/ — In-Ear Memes General

The In-Ear Monitors General, where we protect our hearing but properly isolating our ears from outside sounds and ensure proper and safe volume, while listening to music at a great value!

IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Featured: Revonext QT2 - a good value under $50

What did you get for Christmas?

Attached: 61do4LNkOkL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiobudget.com/product/RevoNext/QT2
aliexpress.com/item/Hifi-MMCX-port-wireless-Bluetooth-adapter-sports-cable-For-Shure-SE215-SE535-UE900-Earphone-Bluetooth-adapter/32814067279.html
aliexpress.com/item/MMCX-Cable-for-Shure-SE215-SE315-SE535-SE846-Earphones-Headphone-Cables-Cord-for-xiaomi-iphone-Android/32950627324.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Good value under 50$
>Mh755s exist and compete with kilobuck iems.

Why are chifi shills so pathetic

Friendly reminder.
Be rational, don't be audiophool.

Here goes!
>Budget
Up to $75
>Location
US
>Wired/BT
Wired
>Wear Style
Over ear
>Sound Signature
I like Flat or Warm
>Past IEM
MEElec M6 Pro mk.2

I'd really like to have a braided cable (preferably with strain relief on the jack) and foam tips - any good recs for these, too?

Are the TWS i10s the best price/sound wireless earbuds so far? Is there anything better?

>Your Budget
$50US ($70AUD)
>Your Location
Ausfailia
>Wired/wireless
Wireless
Earbuds
>Sound signature
Bass leaning
>Past IEMs
Apple Earpods (current preferred), some unbranded chink earbuds with superb bass, Yuin PK3

Attached: IMG_0198_300x300.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Anyone had these?

Attached: amYkbjY.jpg (3648x5472, 1.9M)

>earbuds
>sounds
Choose one.

Tribit X1

Attached: 61LubY75csL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 94K)

This general is pure autism

Attached: 1546542838937.jpg (904x1324, 173K)

>flat
Mh755 with recable or mk5
>warm
E2000

Is this thing has active eq to correct the frequency response like boses or not?

Blessed image

This mh755 over everything. No reason to buy anything else these days.

Eww, IEM autism. My Note8 came with some AKG IEMs and they're just plain uncomfortable. Fuck having my ears sealed.
>b-but muh gearbest says this doesn't have this issue!!!

IEM's are really uncomfortable for my ears. They give me a headache and fall out after awhile.

I've been using apple earbuds which are nice, any alternatives? Or are there any tips on IEM's that make them similar to earbuds?

Sorry for autism :(

You're wrong but that image is kek af

I had some denon cans that were shit

I have those too, they're fucking miserable to wear
Hate em
Buy something nice

Try spinfits or fina e.

Attached: 84573DE7-6036-4035-972E-151AE135F25C.jpg (517x768, 331K)

Now that I think about it, IEMs wouldn't be too bad since they will help stay in the ear and there's no cable rubbing on my clothing to create that shit noise while running.
I'd still prefer earbuds, but if there really is no option, I'll get the meme ones recommended most on this general.

They're not memes
Get BGVP DMG

do sony triple comforts degrade like normal foam tips or are they more like silicone tips?

Attached: T23XP2XGBaXXXXXXXX_!!788005.jpg (800x800, 102K)

More like silicone

silicone obviously

>obviously
it's a foam/silicone hybrid material, that isn't exactly obvious when there aren't really other tips like it

I'm a retard, reposting from last thread:
>Budget
sub-$50 preferred
>Location
Australia, can import
>Wired/wireless
Wireless
>IEMs/Earbuds
IEM preferred, buds okay
>Sound signature
Not too bass-heavy
>Past IEMs
Lots of old chinkshit and some budget Panasonics

Basically, I'm just looking for the cheapest decent wireless IEMs, with non-shit battery life. Any recs?

:

These have a bit different plug than other 2pin IEMs, had to cut a lot of plastic just to get my kz Bluetooth cable to fit in there and it's still a bit loose.

Any recs for Bluetooth cable for these?

Plextone bx343

>budget
sub-50
>location
usa
>wired/wireless
wired
>over ear/hanging etc.
over ear
>sound signature
warm
>past iems
some no-names I got as a gift and stock earphones
want to actually get good iems and not rape my wallet

moondrop crescent

Because i use to wear the very good and very cheap Phillips SHE3590 and thought they were the best thing ever for like 4 years until i startred buying chi-fi - its much better

audiobudget.com/product/RevoNext/QT2

>Are the TWS i10s the best price/sound wireless earbuds so far?

best for true wireless yes. I bought a bunch as christmas presents and did a solid review on them their sound is passable but nothing compared my Tin T2 with a 9 dollar BT MMCX cable

aliexpress.com/item/Hifi-MMCX-port-wireless-Bluetooth-adapter-sports-cable-For-Shure-SE215-SE535-UE900-Earphone-Bluetooth-adapter/32814067279.html

all generals are max autismo and sensiblechuckle.gif

^

there are TWO 2pin spacings 0.75mm and 078mm and im sure QT2 is the former and KZ uses the later.

i would rec the TRN BT10 but people have been complaining of hiss

How do you like the sound of your revonext QT2 and friendly reminder the stock cable should be replaced its soo bad

Attached: IMG_7008.jpg (3264x2448, 1.47M)

>Any recs for Bluetooth cable for these?
Why use cables when you can just buy an adapter?

I saw in the last thread that people are complaining about the 2-pin system that KZs use, but after testing my brother's ZSNs, which has a new pin design, they felt tight as shit.

Attached: broszsn.jpg (3024x4032, 3.6M)

>with recable
Any guides in doing it without destroying them? Mine came with footlong cable (part of BT receiver), it unusable.

>I saw in the last thread that people are complaining about the 2-pin system that KZs use
Most people like 2pin. It's MMCX that becomes unreliable.

2 pin's locking mechanism for retention is just friction, if anything it's less reliable than reinforced mmcx

Yet they stay in just fine. There is no true locking mechanism.

>there are TWO 2pin spacings 0.75mm and 078mm and im sure QT2 is the former and KZ uses the later.

I'm talking about this, the plastic coating is different. In revo cable the pins are longer and they're a little bit elevated, my kz cables (silver and bluetooth module) had these "collars" I had to cut away to make them at least stay in the buds.

Attached: pins.png (278x252, 6K)

>0.75mm and 078mm and im sure QT2 is the former and KZ uses the later.
KZ uses 0.75mm.

so does mmcx and that's literally what i said, it only uses friction to keep the cable in place so it will absolutely erode over time. chifi companies cheaping out with unreinforced mmcx connectors on their products does not mean there is an inherent unreliability with mmcx

It's a plug. It says in. It's not a big deal.

E1000/2000
also they include over ear cable hooker.
Use curved knife, knife it gently but full circle at section near the vents.

> tight as shit
i bet your engine bolts feel tight as shit too. If you measured the torque required by just increasing the weight of a calibrated drop MMCX would come far so far ahead. Literally every /csg/ someone asked "how the fuck do i disconnect the T2 MMCX ?"

> MMCX that becomes unreliable.
If it ever does its been produced with shitty tolerances and or been thrashed. There is a tiny dougnut open slip-ring that does the locking. Its why you need a fingernail most times.

>If it ever does its been produced with shitty tolerances and or been thrashed.
so why does it happen, even when made by reputable companies like Shure? It's not just Chi-fi.

MMCX is rated for 50 mating cycles.
It's designed for applications where it won't see much mechanical movement. Like antennas in a mobile device.
For 2pin who the fuck knows.

does mmcx hold in place well? I just lost a KZ ZS5 because of 2prong

>MMCX is rated for 50 mating cycles.
aka junk

they will come out eventually.
driver is protected by pcb, so it's easy

Attached: mh755.gif (1280x720, 504K)

And then what? Just glue them back?

are there any "Bose Sleepbuds" clones?

DOn't sleep with headphones on. Your ears need rest too.

not how this works buddy...

No glue, just put back.
you could if you want, bet even without reglue-ing the bass is same, no rolloff.

*but

> why is shure unreliable ?
i dont know and i dont own shure

>MMCX is rated for 50 mating cycles.
citation fucking needed

ANOTHER 2PIN VICTIM
yes the tin T2 MMCX is the gold standard i fucking abused mine all year and its bullet proof i even stepped on the fucker

sadly you dont get choose my Revonext QT2 is 2 pin and i have to live with it

Attached: 4133cc11-3cca-4da9-b5b5-5b612d365bc3.png (788x630, 41K)

zishan user do you have any mmcx cable recommendation that's look like shure's.
don't want audiophile style twisted cable thingy.

> don't want audiophile style twisted cable thingy.
kek that atually makes it hard. i was thinking of the silver 4core cable that came with my BGVP DG1 DN1 and Yinyoo Pros it was rather good but that cable is not for sale any more.

then there are these. I dont own them but they look the part and seem really good value. Fuck that shure y splitter to hell though. Very anaesthetic. Enough to scare away women.

aliexpress.com/item/MMCX-Cable-for-Shure-SE215-SE315-SE535-SE846-Earphones-Headphone-Cables-Cord-for-xiaomi-iphone-Android/32950627324.html

Attached: mmcx magic.png (788x630, 45K)

thanks user, probably use shure cable as keyword.

ordered the F9 pro for 140 usd(in eu), did i fucked up ?

Cringe... So many better iems for less.

like...?as previously mentioned, I'm in EE, i'm rather lucky i get such "deals".For the same price i can only get things like HEM2 or ATH-LS70iS, which i'm no expert but i can see that are rather lower quality by comparison.

At the same time maybe you're right, i could buy from other countries and maybe get a decent deal shipping included, but i'm not in the mood of waiting 2weeks+ for shipping nor scrapping the web for the best deals out there.To be fair i should have done that weeks ago, but i had better things to do during my holidays

So they are clip-on? Tabs or something?

Just dug out one of the very first cheap chink BA sets. I think this is where the trend of using BAs in cheap IEMs began.

Xiaomi Hybrid late 2015
Holy fucking nigbass

Attached: IMG_20190105_223004.jpg (648x864, 385K)

Happy KZ ZSN owner here from last bread.
The 2-pin connectors are very tight. I don't have worries that they might come lose.

The braiding of the cable is a bit of a meme though. Adds length to the cable which you can't use.

Attached: KZ ZSN.jpg (1913x1080, 566K)

>Your Budget
$2k
>Wired/wireless
Wired
Anything but earbuds
>Sound signature
Somewhat neutral, clarity is the key. Can be a little warmer or brighter than usual but anything with too much bass or treble is a nono for me.
>Past IEMs
ER4SR
Headphones are HD800S and L700. Reposting for more opinions before I do one last auditioning session tomorrow. So far the IEM I’ve liked the most is the Andromeda. Open to customs as well as other suggestions though.

FLC8c

DM6 weeb version user here, got my 4 TRN 8 core cables, comparing them with other 8 core cables I own these are very light weight, but the material of the wire sleeve is quite good.

Attached: IMG_20190105_204137.jpg (3014x2604, 3.42M)

On a scale of 1 to 10 to "dying in the ER" how cancerous are these? (Spoiler: too late, they are already here.)
(Arbily i7)

Attached: Arbily-cuffie-wireless-con-custodia-power-bank[1].jpg (800x600, 128K)

Use them for a month and do a brain scan so that we know. I hate those wireless earphones, they never sounded good to me and they are definitely just a gimmick that disconnects if it's not 3 feet away from your source and has to be charged every 3 hours.

So, is the KZ ZS6 a good buy? Planning in getting it with the silver cable and foam tips. Or is there a better choice in the same price range?

Seems like the tards here like it so there must be something to it

How much is it going for these days?

Give impressions on gear to set reference and taste.

unhygienic and uncomfortable, earbuds are fucking retarded

Attached: tinnitus_by_dr_dre.jpg (1022x982, 67K)

Just as you are.

low effort user
Try again

look into the a/u12t if you haven't

butthurt kid is butthurt

DM6 weeb version user here, got my TRN IM1, much better than the V80, more comfy and definitely better sounding, mids are way better but still recessed, the bass is great and extends low, the treble has an apparent peak at about 5-6K but it's manageable. I'm more sensitive to 8-9K peaks. Overall, the best U curve iem I have tried for the price, beats the Shit out of the V80 and Fiio FH1.

Attached: IMG_20190106_004323~01.jpg (3957x2318, 2.05M)

>TRN IM1
New FOTM incoming? Hell yeah.

It's beautifully tubed, and built with UV resin

Attached: IMG_20190106_004123.jpg (2976x3968, 2.3M)

Thinking about buying the KZ ZSN.
Any of you anons got an opinion on them?
I'm poor af and live on a shitty country so no way I could get something better than that

When it comes to past iems I've never had one, just the standard samsung one from my phone

Didn't try the ZSN, but I can assure you these are better built. TRN IM1. They also sound good, check my previous impressions.

Attached: IMG_20190106_004201.jpg (3968x2976, 3.06M)

Is it worth selling my ER3XR and getting ER4SR? I've heard that the 3XR is noticeably muddier than the rest of the series, with even more bass and less treble than the 4XR.

Attached: 1531783671928.jpg (480x284, 49K)

Yeah, something like that.

Zeos said these were the best thing he's heard. Good rec.

The colors are gross on those cables also they knurled connectors seem chintsy

Zeoa is sold man, he hype everything.
But yes, a12t is nice.

I don't think so. Cheaper dynamic driver etymotic sounds pretty identical for me.

Nah, the soundmagic PL50's were the first, and it was huge news since before you had to spend like $300 to get them, but their pair was only $80. I bought them, they sounded pretty good. They were crazy comfy too. Could lay down against a pillow and it wouldnt hurt your ear at all.

Attached: High-Quality-SoundMAGIC-PL50-Noise-Isolating-In-Ear-Monitor-Earphones-Blue-In-Ear-Isolating-Earphone (1000x1000, 76K)

w2c MH775's legit? or should i just buy some apple 3.5mm earbuds

I keep seeing recommendations for the KZ IEMs but they're always all over the place since there are like 20 different models.
KZ ZSN / ZST / ZS3-6-10 / ATES / Etc...
I liked their design a lot and really appreciate the detachable cable.
Also I especially liked ZSN's design and that it's metallic, but this is just aesthetically speaking, if there's something better-sounding, please recommend.
I just wanna know what I should get as an average user who never had a remotely good earbud and likes to listen to music and mostly play games.

>Budget :
25$ Max.
>Location :
Morocco, so AliExpress / Gearbest /eBay (In that order of preference)
>Wired / Wireless :
Wired, obviously.
>Over-ear / Hanging IEMs / Earbuds :
I'm guessing "Hanging" since i'm looking at KZs as main target.
>Sound signature :
I don't know what this means, but I want the sound to be as natural as possible. No manufactured Bass or anything of the sort. Like, how I always turn any Equalizer or sound modifications in a Music Player OFF.
>Past IEMs :
Nothing but shitty subpar earbuds that break after a month.

Attached: ZSN.jpg (501x462, 29K)

They look great, sadly I can't buy nor order something like that here.

Get them. ZSNs have a better cable because of the plastic hooks. it has a pretty good v shaped sound signature all around as far as kz goes is what I've heard. I've already ordered and am waiting on mine.

Never liked the ZS5s. The highs are piercing my ears.

Bought the ZS5 and still went back to my Mi Hybrid Pros.

Now I'm afraid of trying any KZ IEM and looking into 1more quad driver IEMs

Most of the listings on eBay are fakes.

ZS5s (especially the v2 chinked version) are pretty treble-cannons yeah. 1MORE Quads aren't really good for the price though (I think they're very ass muddy) and you could get a better IEMS for the price.