Remember these?

Remember these?

Attached: G452-2602-main-ca.jpg (300x300, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Western-Digital-4TB-WD40EFRX-Internal-Hard-Drive-64MB-Cache-3-5-SATA-III-HDD-/332997380950?nav=SEARCH
aliexpress.com/item/Replaitz-Car-CD-Audio-Adapter-USB-AUX-Cable-Interface-MP3-SD-Adapter-8P-Connect-Digital-CD/32844486295.html
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1008132/1tb-cd-disks-coming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

still had one two days ago

tbqh its still the cheapest way to store files but recently HDD is catching up with 20usd per tb hdds

Wouldn't that be tape if you have shitton of data?

Yes but tape has a high initial cost and slow speed, so unless you need to store several TBs and access it infrequently BDs and HDDs are better for most purposes.

Tape writes fast. I'm pretty sure that it can surpass HDD/SSD easily. Read and search that is right, would be slow.

we need m.2 slots instead of zip drives. insert tiny stick of gum sized drive and transfer yer 70 gigs of pron in seconds. take it out and store it in bat cave.

>build custom pc 6 years ago
>one of the components is a cd/DVD burner
>6 years later
>never used it once
Top of the keks bro
it was only like €20, but I can imagine this happened to a lot of people.

Attached: 1513440190005.jpg (483x589, 78K)

Tape burns when heat is too high.

At least you didn't buy a $120 Blu ray burner only go not use it, but find out it can't actually play any movies cause no codec.

ebay.com/itm/Western-Digital-4TB-WD40EFRX-Internal-Hard-Drive-64MB-Cache-3-5-SATA-III-HDD-/332997380950?nav=SEARCH
Would this die soon?

>not having a bluray writter
wut

Attached: 11116-img9311s-1.jpg (500x271, 52K)

Huh? I still use mine to rip newly bought CDs or install old games every few weeks.
I'm really sad that my 13" Thinkpad doesn't have a DVD drive.

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

I have two of them and use them both with reasonable frequency.

bluwhat?
i thought bluray was a resolution

the 2000's are over user, have you heard of this?

Attached: pendrive--575x323.jpg (575x323, 24K)

No, I never heard that you can buy albums on a USB thumbdrive before. Is that a new thing?

Attached: ölöl.jpg (214x235, 6K)

>buy

Attached: banterstops.jpg (602x709, 94K)

What do zoomers do nowadays? Subscribe to (((Spotify)))?

Attached: 1541748747257.png (378x370, 120K)

they mostly attempt large anal insertions

And how does that relate to getting music onto your computer?

Attached: 1546627900277.jpg (121x125, 2K)

>boomers preffer driving 60 minutes to the store to buy a physical music CD than pirating/streaming it online
this

Attached: 1546511613249.png (548x551, 250K)

Nah I'd rather order CDs directly from a small label instead of buying it through various resellers.
Pirating would be an option, but it's not like I'm buying from big music Jews like Sony.

it doesn't but that's what they do

I member

I've been doing the most Boomer thing ever and have been using an old CR-ROM to listen to CDs while in bed.

Attached: 70371t450.jpg (450x360, 13K)

interesting
ive been considering burning some CDs for my car since it doesnt have a USB, i wonder if external HDD cases can connect to CD reader/burners

Some car radios have a port for a CD changer (the ones that are usually in the trunk of the car with a cassette for 8 CDs or so). To this port you can attach a box which simulates the CD changer and you can plug in a USB drive with MP3 files on it.
Seeing this lots in old VW/Audi/Skoda

how is this box called? id love to order one on ebay

Attached: 1521155380212.png (702x700, 425K)

My grandfathers used to use those.

windvd pro 12

Attached: snapshot_18.39_[2016.12.24_06.24.23].png (1920x1080, 3.06M)

You have to look it up for your specific car radio model. To the model name add search terms like "cd changer interface usb"
Here's some example for a Skoda with SD card slot: aliexpress.com/item/Replaitz-Car-CD-Audio-Adapter-USB-AUX-Cable-Interface-MP3-SD-Adapter-8P-Connect-Digital-CD/32844486295.html

Attached: 1544891301331.jpg (633x635, 134K)

I'm still using it regularly.

Attached: pioneer_BDR-211UBK.png (600x310, 219K)

I don't use it much but it makes the brrt-hrnt-brrt seeking noise then a subtle ~bwum~ when I start my computer in the morning. Makes me happy.

autism

I bought external DVD in case I need to burn/read DVD. Sure its not as fast as internal DVD player, but good enough for me.

are you gypsy?

No, I'm from a developed country. Last time I say an optical disk here I considered donating it to a museum.

Brazil here. We use that a lot. blu-ray is still too expensive.

Yeah I removed mine from the case because I don't use it anymore. My next case won't have 5.25 drive bays

I still use one, I'm not throwing out decades of perfectly good cds/cdroms and dvds.

im not throwing them out either but i would rather do a few clicks on the internet than have to look through my CD collection

Attached: canvas.png (1441x635, 139K)

you'd best be memeing

>CD
>actually called TeraDisc as per article
>confusing disk with disc
what POS news site is this

been over a decade since i last saw one. i have a bluray burner. it's excellent.
> what is anydvd?

the inquirer. was shit then, still shit today.
theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1008132/1tb-cd-disks-coming

seriously I havent used one for 5, maybe 6 years until we bought some DVD's to watch over christmas on TV. We fired up the old blu ray player and inserted the DVD. Great I am now watching De Niro in taxi driver. Halfway through the Bluray player borks - so i hookup my computer to the TV and plugin a Bluray drive i found in the attic. OK now films wont play on windows 10 as muh copyright
so i rip the DVD's we want to watch using handbrake.. Now i can play them as MP4's
jesus fucking christ I felt like i was using windows 3.1 when i plugged aq muthafuckin optical drive in. It felt like I had gone back in time 6 or 7 years

Sounds like you made a fool out of yourself that day.

bluray players - dvd -cd I havent used one in a computer sonce at least 2012 maybe 2011 - yeah we HAD a bluray player hooked up into the tv but when that broke i had to suddenly get out my ancient pc technology and fire that up. Yeah youre right i felt like a caveman who had never heard of USB thumb drives etc

i have actually never used a bluray disc or drive in my life
the closest i got was one time i picked up a ps3, which technically had a bluray drive in it, but the bluray drive was broken, and i only ended up using the ps3 to emulate snes games

funnily enough, all my flash drives are really old, i have nothing bigger than 2GB, and i don't really use them for anything anymore
i burned a dvd more recently than the last time i used a usb flash drive

>build a gaming PC for store
>no DVD drive
>boss looks at it
>"user where's the slave?"

discs scratch when you scratch them

lol IDE days.
my 2nd computer didn't even come with that stuff.

no this happened 2 weeks ago

If the burner is SATA and the case uses SATA it will work fine. I do this, still, with a couple of PATA optical drives.

>mystery files from the Internet are better than known legit files from local source
Good job.

>2010
>buy bluray drive
>used a total of a single time to get drivers from mini-cd that come with chink peripheral boards.

Obsolete. I hate the damn noise they make.
Easier to just buy a cheap external one if you have some legacy software you want to run.

>I hate the damn noise they make
100% pure unadulterated autism

>mystery files
nigga are you the kind that downloads "FreeMusic.exe"

for some reason that reminded me when i would download music from mp3.com and bootleg sites like downloadmp3music.net

>coolstorybro.jpg

i thought no one used those sites
i always googled "[album] [fileserver]", specially mediafire and zippyshare (latter is better imo)

well this was back in 2002ish.

were good. you can replace them with pic related and have one small ssd and a big hdd.
in modern laptops this isn't longer possible so often

Attached: s-l300[1].jpg (300x260, 13K)

have two of these in my pc right now

>BLOCKS YOUR PATH

Attached: 71N8B0V3SHL.gif (500x291, 162K)

Get your parallel port shit outta here

when we wuz kangs

member these? now that was a cd drive

Attached: matsushita-cr563-b-2x-ide-internal-cd-rom-1.17__78127.1490271902.jpg (640x480, 13K)

I think there was a firewire model and SCSI model too.

>implying
do you remember how much these things cost at the end of their life cycle? a unit was about 150 bucks. A SCSI or firewire interface card would cost you a small fortune, most of the units out there of zip drives worked through parallel port, they were only about half as fast as a regular floppy drive. *click, *click, *click *click, *click

As a kid I always thought pic related looked cool with all the logos and lights

Attached: d96f608741d89b3d30b6e55028c0.jpg (1920x2560, 399K)

whoever used the lightscribe technology?
i always thought it was badass even though i never saw it IRL.

Sure, I'm just mentioning that they existed. Probably. I have an internal IDE version as well, not sure how common they were.

Had to throw mine away, stopped reading disks.

>tbqh its still the cheapest way to store files

Only if your time is free.

I still got a SCSI model. Used it for Sampler, not so much for PC though I used to have a SCSI interface card for it back in the day.

I had a lightscribe drive. It was gimmicky. Took special disks and you had to run it 2-3 times to get it dark enough to be usable.

tapes die when you put a magnet near them

OwO, what's that cute compi, senpai?? I want one! UwU

Attached: 1502821198976.png (700x732, 715K)

I had a 4X caddy-load drive. Hopefully the death of optical drives means that caddies are gone for good. Unlike with hard drives where those infernal tools of Satan, drive rails, have come roaring back.

Attached: 1517419810355.jpg (973x599, 248K)

TFW WHEN YOU BOUGHT 3 BLURAY WRITERS FOR AU$660 A PIECE WHEN THEY CAME OUT JUST TO HARVEST THE LASER DIODES.

Attached: hqdefault (3).jpg (480x360, 12K)

Discs snap when you bend them

>putting those shitty foam covered £3 in ear phones into the drive, turning the vol to max and listening to linkin park whilst doing homework

I miss early 2000's

Attached: 1417815947555.gif (275x275, 1.79M)

This

I bought an internal cd/dvd drive a month ago to rip cds and dvds from the library. I have it set up externally on a mac mini. Got it for the faster read speeds.

There was a USB 1.1 model also

I waited til they were about 40bux and bought a couple, but I M-disc archive with them only.

I've seen PATA, SCSI, and parallel, but never USB.

I've found a few at resale shops.

same, though they're not connected, because the mobo i got last year doesn't have an IDE controller

I got a bunch of unused DVD-Rs and boy its hard to figure out what to put on them. 4.7 or less GB isnt much these days.

I use CDs to bring presentations to university, because unlike pendrives they won't get infected with everything that stupid people bring from their home computers.

Stream YouTube from their phones with ads every 30 seconds

labelflash was the shit
you can draw on the data side on normal disks, if you had unused space

I didn't use a CD or DVD in ages.

people die when they are killed

I still have one in my PC but I don't think it's even working anymore

Yea, I used to have a tower in my room that would allow the drive to work even if the PC was off. I would put CDs in it and listen to them while going to sleep. Was pretty comfy.