Resumé/CV thread

Post yours
Judge others
Be nice
Don't doxx

Jannies can fuck off - edition

Attached: resume-janny-approved.png (817x1226, 533K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pjreddie.com/resume/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did the previous one got deleted?

Yeah

Attached: mods-are-gay-jannies-are-fags.png (1648x1091, 805K)

it was full of Hasbro cancer, so probably

And also the one before that, jannies are really seething.

Attached: mods-are-gay-janny-is-a-fag.png (752x453, 130K)

Isn't this pretty much a Jow Forums meme by now?

Oh wow, it really just confirms my suspicion that janitors are newfags and mods are unaware of Jow Forums culture.

OP, if this is really your resume and not just a repost them mad props to you. I love it. I know ponies only belong in MLP, but what can we do?

I only ever read Jow Forums and Jow Forums so I really appreciate you posting here.

No, it's not my resumé, newfriend. It's an obligatory one that gets reposted in every CV thread.

pjreddie.com/resume/

I'm pretty sure that's Jow Forums meme by now. Even that spambot does not react to this image anymore.

Yeah, the last time I hung out frequently on Jow Forums, Haruhi was still the new hot anime being broadcast out of order.

Incidentally, I'm surprised to see that the word being censored is 'pony'. I just assumed the word was 'shit'.

As for resumes, mine is so deathly boring that it's not worth sharing. Just imagine the most boring Microsoft word template you've ever seen then make it more boring.

Why did you censor it, OP?

Please share, it gets the thread started.

See

Rate / hate / masturbate

Attached: resume12.jpg (992x2895, 647K)

Why bullets on the bottom are of different size? If they are sub-points then why not do indentation? and is it jpeg compression or fonts are just not pleasant to read?

- More than one page, should be reduced to one
- Remove the about section, no one cares
- Remove the silly scoring thing
- Responsibilities should be grouped with the corresponding jobs
- Reverse ordering on experience, newest on top
- Remove the solar energy and autonomous navigation courses, unless they are relevant to the job you want to get
- Remove twitter from resumé

>5 years on a bachelors
Also, if you don't want to write your GPA as a score, then don't bother listing it at all IMO.

Attached: CV.png (4896x6336, 473K)

/mlp/ here: The guy did legit get the job, and not just because of the unusual approach used to design this. Besides there is a whole lot worse out there.

Did he actually use this one? I always thought it was a joke (because of the small print at the bottom)?

Can you tell us a bit about your experience at Recurse? I have read about it before and I'm interested in going.

It's not mine, I've obviously never worked as a research engineer at both Microsoft and Google, and interned at IBM and Micron.

The design really isn't good.
It's very cluttered and there are so many inconsistencies in there it really hurts to look.

Your "//" are ALWAYS at different positions, this really doesn't look good.

Make sure that:
Everything is consistent.
There is enough and not too much space between things to visually separate them.
You don't switch styles randomly, why is one part of your experience bullet points and the other text?

This resume is the reason why people should spend the time using LaTeX if they can not be bothered with spending their time making word look consistent.

>using LaTeX for your resume
Don't do this, unless you want to stay unemployed.

Where do you do that then?

>Don't do this, unless you want to stay unemployed.
Why?
At least it doesn't end up like the mess of the other user.

Use word like a normal person.

Most recruiters want a CV in docx format, because they put it into their own scraping systems that look for keywords and stuff. Your best bet is to use a default CV template in Word.

>Most recruiters want a CV in docx format, because they put it into their own scraping systems that look for keywords and stuff. Your best bet is to use a default CV template in Word.
Really? I have never seen anything where PDF wasn't accepted.

I unironically don't have word. Don't want to pirate, don't want to pay. Have it on my workplace though.

Use it at work or use a student license from your uni.

how many pages are acceptable?
I always thought cramming everything on one page is the norm.

What is expected for a college underclassman? In terms of format and content to focus on.

Attached: 1536998218394.png (612x491, 106K)

Resumé = 1 pages (2 MAY be acceptable, if it is on the opposing side of the paper).

CV = 2-3 pages

- List any job experience, even if it isn't particularly relevant
- Highlight classes
- List personal projects
- Any extracurricular work like student organisations etc.

Bump