My current setup:

My current setup:
> GPU: GTX 960 4GB
> CPU: FX 8350
> 16GB DDR3 RAM

I have a budget of about 700€, tell me the best cpu & gpu combo I can get with the money.

Note that I would prefer a Ryzen CPU (cheaper and I'm not falling for the Intel money trap) which means I'd have to upgrade my mainboard which means I'd have to buy DDR4 RAM and I want to at least have 16GB.

I also have nothing against AMD GPUs as long as they are good enough.

I have a 500W power supply if that's relevant.

Attached: shit.jpg (474x267, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

altchar.com/hardware/585038/amd-to-show-off-their-new-hardware-lineup-at-ces-2019
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You need to be more specific. Do you already have a cooler? Do you want to overclock?

Yeah I have a cooler and I think I don't need to overclock

>I don't need to overclock

Then get Ryzen 2600, a B450 Motherboard, 16GB of DDR4-3000ish and spend the rest on teh GPU of your choice.

>Ryzen 2600
Thx my guy

I'd suggest you get a haswell i7 and matching mb so you can keep your ram and add an rx 480/gtx 1060 or above.

this

Is an FX 8350 even all that bad? Why not just get a new GPU?

>Is an FX8350 even all that bad
It was trash, even when it came out.

They weren't trash, just "okay". Now the 8150, that was shit. 8350 were improved over the 8150, plus you could overclock it to all hell and back.

Intel was still better at the time, but the 8350 is far from "shit" - just mediocre.

Your PC is good enough believe me. All my buddies who bought 1080tis are playing cs and lol. Dont fall for upgrade meme, you just want novelty and end up playing same shit

literally update your mobo+cpu+ram and leave the rest for some new cheap graphics, 960 is not that bad.

wait for CES so that prices crash, then pick up dirt cheap ayymd stuff

Well I thought that since I originally just wanted to upgrade my GPU a bit (games like PUBG / Ring of Elysium don't feel good enough with this 960) I came to the conclusion that I can just upgrade all the main stuff and forget about upgrading for the next 4-5 years again.

When is that? And are you sure that this crash even happens?

ok maybe not crash, but the prices will drop down
and CES is 8-12 of january (this month), the AMD keynote presentation happens at the 9th (5pm UK time)
altchar.com/hardware/585038/amd-to-show-off-their-new-hardware-lineup-at-ces-2019

Oh so soon already. Well that's okay I have enough time anyway. Thanks dude!

pubg was perfectly playable on my 760 2gb. i have a i5-4670, which is much better than 8350 at single core so i do think that the gpu can wait imho.

Get an AMD 2600
B450 motherboard
3000Mhz ran
Gtx 1060
It'll be just under $600

If gaming at 1440p go for the gtx 1070

Yeah it's not like I get constant low FPS it's just that in some games I get the occasional framedrops and shit and I saved that money already anyway.

As I said I plan to do this upgrade just to forget about it for the next couple of years, I'm not trying to go full gaming with a 1080Ti, 32GB of RAM, 144Hz 4K Monitor or anything cringy like that.

What settings and resolution were you playing at?

Zen 2600 oc + rx580
3200 cl14 16gb ram minimum
If your gonna keep it a long time new CPUs are dropping this year on 7nm and are a drop in replacement as long as you have a decent motherboard I wouldn't go below b450
Even go used amd stuff holds its value terribly and I just sold a mint 1600x b350 16gb cl16 3200 + cooler for like 300usd
Get something like that and drop in a 3600x when it comes out and you'll be golden.
Only thing you absolutely need is a new psu. 750w is the lowest I'd go personally

What about an RX590 / RX580?

Do not listen to literally anyone on this thread right now. There will be new Ryzen processors (and likely GPUs) announced in like 2 days

Jesus do I really need that 750W psu? I thought you need just so much as your CPU , GPU, etc. uses (granted you don't OC)

As I said I have about 700€ and I think it is well known that the new CPUs and GPUs will cost quite a bit more

No they won't, whatever the R5 3600/x will be is going to be at or around the same MSRP as the 2600, and if rumors are anything to go by the new AMD gpus will have phenomenal price to performance. It is worth waiting 2 days to see.
If you have to buy now, R5 2600 & RX 580, you will only need around ~500w PSU but don't cheap out if you can avoid it and get 80+ Gold. You'll have to change out your ram and motherboard with the new processor as well

>but the 8350 is far from "shit" - just mediocre.
The 8350 has served me faithfully for years, but it had little overclocking headroom. Anything above 4.4GHz required ridiculous amounts of cooling. Ryzen is just so much better.

Nono I won't buy anything now anyway

But I somehow can't believe that the 3600 will be around the price of the 2600... That would be really nice

Well I found lower wattage psus to be pretty shit quality and midsize psus use less power running at 50-80ish percent load then a lower rated psu running flat out.
Plus they last for ages I've had ones go for 5-10+ years all big units 600w+
Also some motherboards and videocards require more pcie/8pin power connectors than the psus have
This 80+ gold is a minimum check reviews

The rumors suggest $179.99, there's no reason they'd change the pricing scheme from the previous generation.

From what I understand

in terms of peformance:
580 ~ 1060 < 590 < 1070

in terms of performance per dollar:
590 ~ 1070 < 1060 < 580

580/1060 for 1080p and 1070 for 1440p (not sure if the 590 is up to par for 1440p)

I just looked some of them up.. They don't seem to that expensive after all

i upgraded to from a 760 2gb to 1060 3gb because i play at 1080p60fps but i can tell you that the max fps got better, but momentary drops usually come down to the same level (i suspect this is an effect of loading assets mainly)
In pubg i probably used mixed high-medium (gtx 760 couldnt handle high shading quality well) but now i usually run games at high. bare in mind that i played pubg a year ago.

590 is not quite on the level of the 590, it's ok for 1440p on high settings but not ultra. It's more of a really good 1080p card. Only buy it over the 580 if you want all 3 games from the bundle
t. 590 owner

btw i planned to buy an rx 580 4gb, but was unsure if my old psu would be able to power it, also amd cards were unavailable back then. It would've been an objectively better purchase.

Yeah around 150usd for a brand name non rgb one should be good had no problem with corsairs units or generic ones over the years only the older big boi 1kw ones literally blew up some 10+ year old zalman and a silverstone
Prudent to replace psu every 3-6 years usually they shit out under heavy gpu load.
As others said wait for the 3080 to drop its gonna be around 1080ti level for 300usd less lopsided then Vega gcn polaris Hawaii fury ect since it's 7nm navi it should be pretty good.
Arcturus is coming out next year and should be the big fella that goes up against the top end rtx and Titans

I would suggest either the 8gb RX 580 or the RX 570. The 570 honestly has the best price to performance of any either. The 1060 3gb is a gimped device beyond ram and I wouldn't recommend under any circumstance

i already upgraded a year ago, i was just retrospecting. Altough my main reason for considering a 580 was linux support since i dont play gpu intensive games.

1070 for the later, I'm tired

1070 is falling behind a 56 and polaris 590 oc is catching up
1080 56 or 570-590 are best gpus right now.
Bad time to buy when 7nm stuff is about to ome out

If he's not going to OC he should foot the little bit extra for a 2600X for the binned pre-OC.

And while the difference is ~$50 that's with the non-X "on sale".
Shop around, scam, buy used.

What is this "7nm" stuff?

New low to high end CPUs
New midrange gpus
Leaks point to a q1-3 release

>haswell i7 with TIM paste
That's a downgrade from the FX-8350 desu, especially with the age of all this stuff, if he wants to save money, he can get a 1060 and keep rolling, but 700 pounds can get him a nice X470 system.