Removing headphone jacks

Instead of removing the headphone sockets on smartphones, why not just switch to the much compact 2.5mm standard?
Why is my Samsung flip phone from 2005 capable of having a physical headphone socket, but the feature is suddenly too much to ask for in a 2019 smartphone?

Attached: 1024px-Photo-audiojacks.jpg (1024x953, 200K)

Because phonemakers can't do their fucking job

No phone on the market is currently thinner than a headphone jack. It was a worthless move.

You honestly think it's because of the jack size they're removing it?
Blue pilled cuck.

It’s also waterproofing it, as well as providing room for it on the motherboard.

removing the headphone jack is 100 % about closing the analog hole and has nothing to do with size or waterproofing.

(((they))) need to sell you expensive dongles

or bluetooth headphones. Apple own beats, which are wireless

2.5mm is not durable enough for normalfag usage. Also if you're going to switch standards might as well go USB-C then. I still use a DAP i don't mind.

This.
It's just a scam to get ppl to buy AirPods.

Look at this

Attached: nano_4.jpg (1024x729, 99K)

normalfags can't into cable strain relief, the 2.5mm is just asking for more broken connectors inside the ports

also fuck thin phones, I want a frame that won't bend if I sneeze on it and a battery that won't die in 30 minutes

>Headphones currently have 3.5mm plugs
>Removing 3.5mm plug from phone means you can't use existing headphones without an adapter
>Apparently this is a problem
How would replacing 3.5mm with 2.5mm be any more beneficial than replacing it with USB?

> closing the analog hole
> be you
> no idea how sound works

>>Apparently this is a problem
apparently you're fucking retarded.

Why not just switch all headphones to USB-C and make manufacturers actually build something that's not just a wire with two speakers and rather force them to put a DAC inside their devices?

>she doesn know that the next iphone will remove speakers, microphone and heaphones support

if they save 25c a phone and sell a million phones they save $250,000

I love how phonefags wear rigid thick ugly cases most of the time I see phones in public, but atleast phone is 0.002 mm thinner, worth it.

All phones should be mandated to have a 6.35 connector, no exceptions

what am I looking at?

Then they'll go ahead and spend half a billion marketing that shit.

they want you to have more cancer from all the wifi and bluetooth waves everywhere from everyones device and computer and shit

The only redpilled answer.

iPod nano