What do you use your numpad for?

What do you use your numpad for?

Attached: 220px-Numpad.svg.png (220x270, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2e5tAlelJXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

typing numbers

pressing enter with my thumb without lifting my right hand of the mouse
basically thats it

What a dumb fucking thread

Inputting digits

I don't because the demigods at Apple told me that I don't need a number pad anymore.

Roguelikes

driving wiremod cars in garrysmod

I have a tenkeyless keyboard

typing numbers into my roll sheet

Attached: Boomer Roll.png (1000x1920, 983K)

to pad my nums

lol

adom

I don't.

PIN entry

Zoomer detected

Entering filenames of the images I post here. I scroll through them with my image viewer and then punch the number into the post box.

Attached: 1530114031497.jpg (340x296, 23K)

decrypt ketchen sink images

logging on.

controlling music

Attached: 1.jpg (500x275, 29K)

GNU/Emacs keybindings

nethack

Window management

1-9 are the keys I use to solve the captcha quicker.

hold the fuck up

Laptops should never, under any circumstances, have built-in numpads.
Change my mind.

Attached: condescending dog.jpg (600x553, 35K)

go fuck yourself

Flying helicopters in GTA.

Also, the trainer commands in multiplayer GTA4 and Outside of weird bindings, nothing.

Your phone is shit, you can't afford to upgrade it and you don't work as a developer at an investment bank.

Sudoku

>Typing numbers
>Keybinds in video games
>Shadowplay controls

inputting numbers you fucking retard

That's actually a cool idea, I wonder how hard it is to get used to having the mouse that close.

>Entering filenames of the images I post here. I scroll through them with my image viewer and then punch the number into the post box.
Now that is pretty autistic to me?
What am I not understanding here, why don't you just copy the file path?

what software/api do you use
seems nice

he finds an image in the (presumably) windows photo viewer because he can't fucking find it among all the garbage thumbnails, so he has to type the number manuallybecause you can't copy shit from window tile bars

at least that's what I'm getting from it, but I used to just look up the number and then find the file in the folder by typing first ~4 numbers into the search bar and it would narrow it down to ~20 or so so I could select it

not quoted user, but that's Foobar2000

blender shortcuts

Oh, he has a really small screen then, right?
I used the search function a lot too, until I freed myself from the hierarchical jew, do give >>>/hydrus/ over at cripplechan a visit, it's reallly good for shitposting to be honest.

typing numbers

For dead modifiers, tilde, grave, etc. but also greek and currency. Most online games don't detect niggεr

padding nums

Alt-0181
µTorrent

There's an art called Ten-key, which is like touch typing for calculators. A lot of accountants and actuaries know how to do it. It's based on that key layout.

Oh no, it's even more autistic than that. I browse Jow Forums in a VM dedicated only to that purpose, because I don't want to trust this site (or the google spyware on it) any more than I have to. But I run my image viewer regularly on my main machine. I can't copy/paste between the VM and the host. (I think Virtualbox has some hack that lets you do that, but I want no part of Virtualbox, I use QEMU/KVM and virt-manager)

I also hate "tiles" or "thumbnails" in the filepicker or file manager, I prefer a compact list. Your file manager is for showing you what files are there, not displaying their contents, or sacrificing information density to show pretty pictures. An image viewer is for viewing images.

Attached: 1533863383071.jpg (512x512, 156K)

gta4 cheats obv

>A lot of accountants and actuaries know how to do it.

Maybe really old ones.
Everything is already digital now.

>PIN entry

Why do ATM's have the numbers flipped around?
Using it to enter my bank card PIN feels really weird.

I worked at a bank a few years ago and everyone used the numpad. It's just much faster if you spend all day entering numbers into fields.

It's the phone layout

this, it's super convenient

Go enter a spreadsheet of numbers then see how happy you are after.

For someone with trips you show a surprising distain for digits.

Nothing, because I don't have one

Nothing, because I can touch type numbers without the numpad.

Do you live in a 3rd world country?
Even counting cash should be fully automated.

Hotkeys mostly, also when typing more than a few numbers.

Top reply right here

I'm thinking you are for asking such a stupid question.
There is a lot more to a bank than counting cash.

IM left handed so I use for calculator, CC number, and phone numbers, and for games I use it for jump crouch and other weapons keys

Now... that really is autistic.
Oh man user?
Why can't you accept a file manager with extended functions that make finding something easier?
I mean, is it so controversial? They integrated viewing the rear of the car and driving into one position by having a rear-facing camera as well?
Why the separation?

>There is a lot more to a bank than counting cash.

Yeah, all done by computers.

>They integrated viewing the rear of the car and driving into one position by having a rear-facing camera as well?
That is not a good thing user. It's an excuse to charge you an extra $500 because your lazy ass can't be bothered to look over your shoulder when you reverse. Oh and since we already have a computer and a screen and a GPS receiver, let's put in a SIM card and send some... ah.... """telemetry""" back to the manufacturer. We can put some fine print in the contract about all the things we're allowed to do with it.

I use it for easy switching between views in blender

You know posting is done by computers also, why even have a keyboard?

Yes, they basically do everything you've listed in most newer cars. Rear cameras are very nice though.

He cute and based and redpilled and fpbp

2 factor auth

Macros.

alching stuff in runescape

I can get by just fine using the numline. I don't understand why people hate it so much. Numline and numpad often result in the same speeds and accuracy regardless, for me at least.
If you NEED a numpad that bad, then you should use an external keyboard that has one, or an external standalone one. But laptops should never, EVER have numpads built in because for the 99.9% of the time you're not using it, you're just using your computer at an off-axis and it's extremely uncomfortable. It's a redundancy that only gets in the way and hinders your experience.

I get that, it's scary how much data these fags can collect, but that doesn't have that much to do with file viewing in the file explorere now, does it?
If the OS is sane and open, it'll be alright, no?

BTFO

Numpad is great for writing numbers fast in excel sheets, forms or any repetitive job.

I use it to type my computer pin in.

roll

Just press enter whenever your right hand comes near keyboard.

Sometimes my right hand catches me

by sur
prise

Why phone layout is upside down?

This is a good post

Imagine being a dumb faggot that designed / bought a TKL keyboard without a numpad.
Why not get rid of the navigation keys and keep the numpad?
Fucking retardsm

Attached: 1536510749470_0.png (360x360, 140K)

I literally have 8

>he doesn't know how to setup mouse clipboard in QEMU
>can't setup shared folder between host and guest
>somehow virtual box is bad and QEMU is good (both open)
inb4:
>ORACLE!!!
>calls himself autistic instead of stupid

dumb anime poster

Attached: tumblr_pb7kovTQ0M1xofy75o1_640.jpg (640x793, 59K)

I have a shared folder, it's an NFS mount. And the vbox core is free but the guest additions, last I checked, weren't. Also avoiding vbox means not having to rebuild a DKMS module all the damn time. Why use something out of mainline if you don't have to?

Dwarf Fortress and Orpie.

Mostly for playing Kakuro.

What about not being able to setup mouse clipboard with QEMU?
>he doesn't rebuild his kernel and modules regularly
pfft, user, ure pleb

one more thing, if it's a "throw away" OS, why do you care if it has proprietary software like guest additions?
You make no sense, user.

Rolling, already have 0 want to upgrade

not an Anglo, so the numbers at the top of the keyboard are replaced by letters.

>>he doesn't rebuild his kernel and modules regularly
I used to and then I quit that life for Debian

>why do you care if it has proprietary software like guest additions?
because beyond muh freedoms, it's just a pain in the ass to maintain. Back when I ran Fedora it'd break on every other kernel update. KVM just werks.

Typing IP addresses.

Dwarf Fortress

For stuff like this
youtube.com/watch?v=2e5tAlelJXc

It's literally oneliner to rebuild modules and you can automate it. Nothing else to maintain.
user, your ignorance makes your life harder.

I don't have one since I have limited desk space and I'm not a secretary.

Attached: IMG_20190106_032422.jpg (2560x1920, 1.8M)

to type accented characters like é à è ê ë ç (with alt shift) because american keyboard doesn't have those keys

P.S: only works on Windows. have to use character map on linux mint

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 7K)

4 is trash

role

if you had linux you could just create a custom layout with xmodmap and be able to press alt right on US keyboards and m and get µ

>not using your numpad as a set of extra keys while gayming
disgusting.

Attached: 1546327475513.png (394x297, 57K)

No I don't mean it'd fail to rebuild, I mean it'd rebuild but then there'd be bugs and something would break. Mouse capture/integration did that a lot.

Flying a helicopter in GTA