Only 3 days left. What we should expect?

Only 3 days left. What we should expect?

Attached: Capture-1-780x297.png (780x297, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nvidia.com/en-us/events/ces/
intel.in/content/www/in/en/events/intel-ces.html
anandtech.com/show/12749/first-10nm-cannon-lake-laptop-spotted-online-lenovo-ideapad-330-for-449
youtu.be/EIPggCgYK38
uk.pcmag.com/news/118880/tsmc-to-spend-195b-building-3nm-chip-factory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Intel's funeral.

Shit. It's called Poozen for a reason

fpbp

Attached: 1536694146733.png (1200x800, 164K)

something that Intell will completely destroy as per usual, haha

Disappointment

legit kek'd
cringe

>"Leak"

Attached: ADskbDx.png (1920x1482, 476K)

I wonder how Intcel can still afford to employ you kikes. Good luck getting that bailout you'll inevitably need lmao

Still 8 cores, 12 cores if lucky. I don't think they'll 16 to cannabalize their own Threadripper.

An overpriced space heater that would produce 3000W vs. the standard 1500W heat.

I brought this to get the point across

Attached: 1490964748198.gif (250x250, 396K)

I wounder who is behind this

Even if AM4 remains an 8core socket it'll still roast intel's offerings for the next couple years.

>What we should expect?
some intense dabbing from the side who won

Attached: Dapu.gif (400x400, 1.64M)

I don't care about a core count over 8
I just want the memory controllers to be working well and an all core overclock at 4.6 or above.

They better have windows 7 support.

>windows 7 support
silly user

i don't think Intel is holding a presentation on CES tho

amd youtube that streams the event gets flagged for hate speech and the account banned

Antisemism.

Looks fake to me - it just fails the basic common sense test that AMD would sell an 8c/16t cpu for half the cost of the equivalent intel one.

Wrong way around fool. Its not that zen/coffee lake/whatever doesn't support windows 7, its that MS doesn't support those cpus on windows 7. A subtle but important distinction.

Nah man the left hates jews

they didn't even (((release))) their 28c PR stunt to retailers, right?
another nuclear plant of a CPU wont make it

yes, and nvidia too, but perhaps these are not official keynotes.

nvidia: starting tomorrow, Sunday, January 6 2019, 8 p.m.
nvidia.com/en-us/events/ces/

intel: starting Monday, January 7
intel.in/content/www/in/en/events/intel-ces.html

>intel: starting Monday, January 7
yay, 10c METEOR CRATER LAKE is upon us!

>2016
>6900k=$1000
>1700=$330
Really joggin my noggin

To be fair AMD benched the 6900k against (what became) the 1800x.

it's supposed to be called Ice Lake

Attached: Intel Ideas Factory.jpg (530x878, 123K)

nope. PakiTech reported Intel to launch a 10c/20t Coffin Lake this year

OK then
>2016
>6900k=1k
>1800x=450
Still a big thunk to think

>only 3 days left until we get to see if the $500 16 core consumer model insanity is true
I honestly don't care about new high end processors anymore from a consumer perspective since it'll be a decade since I got mine in just over a month. At this point I'm just interested in how far companies can push stuff. Hell, at this point I can already get an ARM based SBC that matches the performance of my current processor and can run full FOSS firmware if I wanted, with the only real downside being that I have a few games that require an x86 processor and something better than an integrated GPU in an ARM SoC to play.

T H I S

FPBP

Attached: 1521314527423.png (638x479, 363K)

Adored TV did an entire long ass video explaining why this is NOT unrealistic at all, and in fact lines up with a lot of analyst's predictions of true next gen cards on 7NM would be like

uh oh uh oh fuckfuckfuicjfujcfujcfujkcfkj

look at this my dudes. Chris Hook was recently puched by Intel (he was AMD marketing chief)

And now Chris Hook is being all "friendly" with Jim.

Oh god fuck fuck fuck it was CHRIS HOOK to anonymously gave AdoredTV fake leak FUUUUUUUUUUUCKK

Attached: 2019-01-05 22_15_53x.png (859x800, 612K)

>Intel gets shat on
>AMD fags won't shut the fuck up about for fuck knows how long
>AMD get's shat on
>Intel fags won't shut the fuck up about it for fuck knows how long
only the dead can know peace from this fucking nightmare

Attached: 1544284245226.jpg (436x536, 51K)

Adored knows the dude who gave him the leak, you mong, he just isn't stating his identity for obvious reasons.

It wasn't some anonymous email, he knows who sent it.

PC fags thought they were safe from the console wars. the were only half right.

AMD=Nintendo

Nvidia=Sony

Intel=MS

Ah yes, and I'm Jeff Besos

Why? Because I said so.

The question boils down to are they going to use single or dual chiplet design for the AM4 parts. The obvious points that stand against the dual design (and anything higher than 8c) are:
*it would increase the complexity and cost of all the models in the lineup but only the highest tier lowest volume parts would see more cores
*it would eat their own threadripper sales
*there isn't all that much space under the heatspreader for two chiplets and a i/o die
*power budget on AM4 is limited and so are memory channels to reasonably feed that many cores

To me a single chiplet + i/o die, and for the apus single chiplet + combined i/o gpu die sounds far more realistic thing to expect.

Attached: Ryzen-5-2600-delid-2.png (1714x942, 1.88M)

If Intel had spent their money on R&D instead of shills then maybe they'd have sub-14 nm CPUs by now.

PPPPPPPFSTSCHHHHHHH typical AMDiscount drone spreading FAKE NEWs

Intel already launch 10nm CPU

anandtech.com/show/12749/first-10nm-cannon-lake-laptop-spotted-online-lenovo-ideapad-330-for-449

Attached: 1529057719480.jpg (645x729, 135K)

>What we should expect?
disappointment

wow, a whole 10 nm.

too bad AMD is already on 7.

>Adored TV

Attached: 1396049715750.jpg (1024x848, 258K)

intel 10nm is smaller then tsmc 7nm

Feel free to actually provide some points that prove him wrong. I'm guessing you won't, though.

Their yield are also smaller than TSMC's.

ZD370XBGM8SH2_51/44

Attached: 1531087904382.jpg (325x325, 10K)

>unsourced claims from a known hc fanboy/shill

Attached: 13559.jpg (268x339, 17K)

>*it would increase the complexity and cost of all the models in the lineup but only the highest tier lowest volume parts would see more cores
Woudn't it still save money though since parts with more defects could be effectively binned higher? Such as two 8 core chiplets where only half of the cores fully functioned due to defects being used in an 8 core CPU. I thought that was the whole reason for AMD going with the chiplets in the higher end models.

>*it would eat their own threadripper sales
Only if the regular Ryzen series are is the only one to see gains. Weren't their claims of 64 core 7nm Epyc processors taking advantage of the smaller chiplets?

go on..

Attached: 1540813355643.jpg (626x717, 34K)

wfuc.exe fixed this problem years ago.

Attached: 1505231954938.png (260x260, 91K)

You missed the joke in that post user.

>wfuc
everytime

Attached: 1507994253486.jpg (1066x1049, 220K)

Don't forget the money sunk into diversity hires and SJW commies kek

damn right, you mad shillfaggot? go back to sucking that pozzed corporate cock fren

intel shill totally ASSBLASTED

are you ok man?
I was just laughing because it sounds like We Fuck

Intel:
>i7-6900K
>140W
>$1000+
AMD:
>R7-1800X
>95W
>$546
This has to be fake, no way. It's too good to be true.

Crashes when using your productivity software

Expect last month Zen+ users BTFO'd by not waiting awhile more.

I am under the impression that normally it's the opposite, i.e the demand for the defective dies is far greater than the supply for them in consumer products so higher binned dies end up crippled and sold as lesser models. The customers for epyc and threadripper however eat up the good 8c dies so that leaves a much more balanced supply of 4c and 6c for all the volume consumer products

>claims of 64 core 7nm Epyc
Already revealed watch the previous event few months back.

Been here too long, can't tell the shills from the anons these days.

yea, the code of the 3700X, we know

No tell more. See CES

So any more news/leaks on the 16c/32t AM4 chip? That excites me more than anything else honestly. That's all I need for the sheer amount of encoding I do. Threadripper offers nothing I need other than more cores.

>mfw this is either some ultra high ranking AMD employee or a 14 year old brazillian troll

Attached: 1546658079282.jpg (369x393, 33K)

glorious days

Attached: 1541892583390.jpg (818x693, 91K)

why not both?

14yo brazilian trolls don't work for chink mobo makers.

My dad works for Nintendo got me ZD370XBGM32SH2_60/50

proof it

Two possibilities.
Either the leaks are completely fake and we're going to get a "disappointing" 10-20% improvement.
Or this is going to end up being the holy grail of CPUs and everyone who buys one doesn't have to upgrade for the next 10 years to come.

Either way AMD is going to go full Treblinka on Intel. Even in the case of the performance falling short of what the leaks promised.

Attached: Intel salesman.gif (468x468, 3.28M)

youtu.be/EIPggCgYK38

The next generation of housefires ofc.

that's not even how it works

>implying goyzen won't spy on you like jewtel

Wasn't some rumour said that only mobile CPUs going to come out?

>literal who

I haven't heard that one, but I certainly hope not.
It would be one hell of a letdown.

Videocardz.

>tfw no 5W ryzen for fanless laptops

TSMC have a new foundry going live in 2019 on 5nm, with plans for 3nm by 2023

uk.pcmag.com/news/118880/tsmc-to-spend-195b-building-3nm-chip-factory

-1nm
2^1024 core
15W
90$

Awrite guys howzit goin'

Nice source you got there, user-chan.

>(((is))) smaller

I've seen some sources saying this.
But then the CES Keynote presentation clearly states 7nm.
And new mobile things are only supposed to be 12nm.
So there's still hope.

idk, considering they already have to add a second die to their consumer parts its not going to be that much more expensive to add another chiplet onto the board for an r9 series 16 core part. The 12 core AM4 leak along with the msi 8+ core support leak means its looking pretty good that they're going to make a consumer part with more than 8 cores. Also a gpu/io die is never going to happen, the io die is already confirmed to be on 14nm. It would be hilarious if AMD took a step backward for their next generation APUs.

Whats for sure going to happen though is that the current 2700x is going to become a lot more efficient with much better avx256 performance. So they're gonna wind up printing money in the commercial market at the very least.

The thing is, they'd be seriously undercutting their own Threadripper lineup if they did that.

Maybe the leaks were actually a way to test the water before this conference, and they relized they could still make shitload of money selling 'only' 8 cores.

Maybe keep a 12 core 3800x for later in the year, when Intel releases its 10 core neutron star.

>the current 2700x is going to become a lot more efficient with much better avx256 performance
What did you mean by this?

delidd this

>What we should expect?
A reason to finally upgrade from 2500K.

>undercutting their Threadripper lineup
It's not like Intel where they have their HEDT line of stuff and have to worry about how much effort/money they put into them. Threadripper is literally just multiple of their consumer chips sharing a die. Not to mention Threadripper offers more than just cores. Shit load of PCIe lanes, 8 memory slots with quad channel, etc.

I for one do not need any of the stuff Threadripper offers other than cores/threads. A Higher core count AM4 platform chip would be fantastic. Even if they're only going with 12c24t I'd take it.

Attached: 1545638475971.jpg (1275x966, 116K)