Receive hp laptop as a gift

>Receive hp laptop as a gift
>27.8 fucking gigabytes of storage
>With everything that comes installed on this, it's left with 6 gigabytes.

Worst fucking laptop also comes with windows 10

Attached: c05218075.png (573x430, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.vn/KwkVO
github.com/VincentXII/Longhorn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Install gentoo

Could include replaceable storage or even an extra slot, assuming not; do you want to use this device? What for?
32gb is plenty for a Linux setup, including your programs and some documents/media. For long-term frog meme and Chinese cartoon storage just use a networked device or portable storage option like a drive or something.

Buy your own then NEETlet

install a linux distro
use 256gb flash drives for space

i never got people who complain about hard drive space. i care about the cpu and the ram capacity

Attached: 2218D834581AF5530CF013.jpg (1130x1600, 301K)

>Claims to have received the laptop as a gift
What if this whole thread is really a buyer's remorse thread?

Attached: Laughing Duck.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

Don't complain, this is a gift after all.
From my experience, 32 gigs of storage is enough for shitposting.

If you don't like thicc Windows 10, you can try installing GNU/Linux with some lightweight DE, you will get 10-15 extra gigs, compared to barebone w10 install

Is the storage replacable? I'd presume it uses 1.5 or 2.5 inch sata drives
P.S Install windows 7 or gentoo

Also, those cheap-o laptops with celeron usually have like insane 10 hour battery life.

So it is more of a tablet with usable HID, not a real laptop

I don't think it has expansible storage

Christmas was just over a week ago so it could be likely that he's being honest

Soviet shitholes recieve gifts on 31st dec / 1 jan.

>he doesn't fresh install his os when getting a prebuilt

win10 is by FAR the most bloated OS I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. In addition to all the shit installed by the OEM, the """clean""" install of windows 10 comes with its own set of bloatware and promoted apps (even on pro and enterprise).

do a clean install and then debloat windows after updating, may free up 10gb or so, at least until the ever growing SxS claims it back.

Or better yet install a linux distro

I’ve seen these laptops. Get rid of windows and put a lite Linux distro. Use The Cloud™ or better yet SD cards for storage. Or just pawn the thing.

Default minimum amount of space that Windows 10 64-bit takes up on a hard drive is 32 GB. For 32-bit, it's 16 GB. And that doesn't account for OEM bloatware.

You forgot the best part user about those user.
>Christmas dinner
>obscure relative: "user I have this laptop that won't update can you help me?"
>Sure it's Christmas so I'll be nice
>"Windows 10 needs at least 8 gigabytes of free storage space to install this update"
>FUCK
>Google it
>Can use a flash drive for storage, try that
>Windows won't even look for an external to try until 8 gigs are free locally
>FUCK
>Uninstall chromium
>Uninstall misc pre-loaded apps
>run disk cleanup utility
>6.6 gigs free
>FUCK

Attached: fuck f144684160.jpg (399x295, 28K)

Install Linux. GNU

>whining about a christmas gift
yikes. kys neet

I bought one of these a few years ago for $250 AUD. Mine has 2 GB RAM and 32 GB SSD. The 2 GB of RAM makes it a little slow, but I'm also running GNU/Linux, so it's fine. My only annoyance is the spacebar, which doesn't respond unless you press it near the centre or just use the force of a thousand suns on the side. You get used to it though.

Also, the battery life is pretty good. Even though it's a 1 or 2 year old laptop, I can get ~6 hours of battery life with the brightness all the way up. With the brightness all the way down, it's closer to 12. If you turn the screen off entirely, the battery life is around 24 hours. It's like a phone.

Attached: fake, simpsons.jpg (207x292, 6K)

I had one of these for a bit. Resell it and get a thinkpad or install a light distro with xfce. It's basically a chromebook but worse

But better, since they come with free bios... Free, since it allows to install different shit without licking dicks

I've used one of these for like 2 years, ama
Its fanless and uses the same 20$ screens as Acer chromebooks so it can be tossed around and it doesn't even matter or worry about some cunt stealing it
No, they come with a real OS out of the box and don't require retarded hoops to jump through.
Mine was 140$ new.

Attached: unknown-9.png (636x405, 40K)

>install linux and theme it to look like OSX
>cover HP logo with apple sticker
>craigslist.com MacBookSE $999
>???
>profit

rofl, my 9 year old brother just pulled that up on Amazon the other day saying he wanted it (mainly because his favorite color is blue) and i was telling him how much of a piece of shit laptop it was (not like he could comprehend why anyways)

Maybe explain why (why are you typing like this faggot) so he can then learn instead of likely sounding like the underage sperg you are

I mean, unlocked bootloader is a great thing but it still doesn't make it a worthwhile purchase when you can get a thinkpad with better hardware on ebay for less money
I used one for a year and it was painful. Windows couldn't update because there wasn't enough disk space. I then installed linux, and it could update but I had to pack around an external ssd just to be able to save data without first making space

Why did you need to update windows?

because you don't have a choice when microsoft holds you at gunpoint and says "update now or update in 15 minutes, it's your choice kiddo, but you're screwed either way"

I just turned off windows update, as I was still on 8.1

mine came with 10. It was doomed from the start

who's pic related?

i had the lenovo version of this for a while too and the same problem. windows kept trying to force a fucking update but there wasnt enough disk space even with everything deleted. one day i was going though some other shit too and i snapped (pic related)

Attached: pisslaptoppissbottle.jpg (3264x2448, 2.28M)

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-05 15-58-46.png (191x359, 53K)

I'm considering getting another netbook but one designed for linux. Maybe a pinebook? I hear they can possibly run NetBSD too. I can't see why any company could justify selling a product that's not functional.

install gentoo you complaining maggot

>pisses in bottle
>breaks things when upset
wtf is wrong with you?

wow 2 ghz you're lucky. mine runs at 1.6ghz

maybe they meant plug into usb as one

if you were a trucker you'd understand

Attached: 20181125_213738.jpg (3264x2448, 542K)

I can understand the piss bottle, but I still don't get the sperg rage

This
Have a similar shit book that used to work fine a couple of years ago, but more recent windows bloat means that the emmc 32GB C drive can only have windows on it or it'll never update. That and it's just gotten almost unusable these days. I know they're a result of intel offloading these cheap atoms onto china, but you really have to go out of your way to get a usable device from them these days.

If you want to keep Windows 10, just do a clean install and use the Compact OS settings
I had plenty of space free on a little 32GB shitposting machine after that (15-18GB... Can't remember the exact number)

isolation makes you get wierd emotions sometimes. like how prisoners in solitary confinement become violent.

I remember having to do the same. Sis wanted me to update her cheapo 10 netbook, but the only way I could get enough space was to turn off hibernate and paging until it was finished.

We always RTV those little shits. Retail tech service.

no speaku nippu

it's a cheap laptop intended for browsing the internet
it's even called HP Stream
what did you expect you autist?

holyshit.
i got the same, i think.
i got stream 360 hp, i installed phenix os,
and try some linux distro.
also windows lts, you get like 15 gb free.
its a shit that, on linux, and android screen rotation is dead, because in windows its pretty good. and gives a better use to this thing.

Same in Yuropooria

Fair enough

if I made such little money I'd be upset too. Worthless poor truckcuck

Hey guys i have a laptop with a dual core celeron @1.6GHZ, 4gb of ram and 64gb emmc storage. How much more speedy will it feel going from win 10 to ubuntu ?

i make six figures and dont pay rent but okay lol

holy shit who do you work for?

Hey man, I was tossing the thought around for a while to use a minimal/debloated .iso image to reinstall win10 on my PC, since the bloatware annoyed me too, and I am not even technically inclined.
All I ever did was a clean install, and I was flabbergasted as to how much SHIT comes preloaded.
I mean, for fucks sake, they STILL have internet explorer on this shitheap, I don't know if it's rational or if I am being a stupid tech-illiterate normie, but it annoys me.
At the same time however, there are several programs I use that only run well on windon't, so I was considering it.
There was some stuff on githum, I don't know how to execute a script, but I think they gave out scripts to manipulate the .iso from windows and debloat it.
I am unsure if something like this would be "safe" (assuming of course, that all the telemetry stuff has been removed from the .iso through the script too, we are talking about a "how easy is this to break compared to normal windows" kind of scenario).

Attached: 1358569124118[1].jpg (500x500, 113K)

myself. i worked for prime for 2 years and saved every penny for this truck essentially. now im an owner operator. ill be able to buy a house cash in a few years

Attached: home.jpg (1235x926, 186K)

>I can't see why any company could justify selling a product that's not functional.
Because people will buy it.

truck living is peak comfort and freedom

Attached: JPEG_20181007_203424.jpg (695x927, 77K)

Use Dism++ and CompactGUI (frontends for built-in 10 utilities).
I have a similar netbook with 32 (30GB) of storage and with a few apps installed I ultimately ended at 18GB free.
It's not rocket science and can be done with any W10 flavor instead of installing meme shit like LTSB/C.

I finally made the jump to Xubuntu for reasons unrelated to Windows on the same thing. Storage use comes out the same.

B
T
F
O
I love it when arrogant little "intellectual" shits like him get put in their place.

>Storage use comes out the same.
Doesn't help 2GB alone is Steam's outdated libs, I might just uninstall it.

Are you mentally retarded or a fucking drug addict?

Attached: like this.jpg (3240x2160, 622K)

I remember that Jow Forums used to have like their own light weight version of windows 7, tiny7 maybe? Has anyone done the same with windows 10?

same i guess its his way of coping with paying the rentjew instead of buying cool gadgets and living debt free

Attached: 20190105_162821.jpg (2448x3264, 2.05M)

?
Are you saying apple is functional?
I mean, it *does* do its job, but it's still cucked.

How risky is this kind of stuff for a beginner?
I don't want all this crapware, reeeee:

Attached: 1546709012082.gif (250x250, 1.02M)

I used to run tiny7 and I never had any problem with it. I don't know how they made it, or if they can do it again with windows 10 though

naw I was using apple as the "wtf people buy shit that's not functional."

Try installing Debian.
Base install was 6GB, even with a generous swap and root partition, I still have 13gb left in my home partition.

Just install gentoo.

Miyawaki Sakura of idol group HKT48
Use the built-in image search next time

>Rent free
Yup, that is a pretty big issue.
Though I will probably have to go for something like it, as I want to do something in a technical field in the future.
I am still at the beginning, college wasn't for me, or at least it wasn't the right thing at the moment, and if I am honest with myself, I seem more interested in metal and carbide scratching metal into shapes.
Is there any way to live a flexible and free life when you're in that field?

Cool, I did research a little, and I *do* find stuff like this:
>Create a 700mb "win"10 image
>archive.vn/KwkVO
But I am not sure if it's safe to do this?
I am technically illiterate, all I ever did was a clean install, but "clean" really doesn't fit here.
There were also scripts on github to debloat a default .iso, but I am not sure man.

You can get wangblows to go down to 6GB if this guide above is right and works.

iToddlers BTFO

i actually have my degree in CS and was an officefag for two years but i honestly couldn't handle the culture. and I dont like being restricted as to what im developing. im 27 right now and have been driving 4ish years. my truck is paid off and my gf is still in college so I only drive like 4 days a week then typically chill somewhere cool in the country for 2-3 days a week. so deff can be done just is rough at the beginning in trucking (6-7 days a week 12-14 hour days) untill you get expirence and own your own equipment.

Forgot the obligatory accomplice of this post.

Attached: a36[1].jpg_large.jpg (444x600, 38K)

Hmmm.
Goddamnit, I know what you mean when you speak of the "culture", but I fear it can't really be helped.
The best thing I can aim for is probably just an apprenticeship anyways, maybe I should just fucking end it, kek.

yeah it's not like their fucking flagship was littered with problems on the launch and people still ate the shit up because "omg it's apple."

Attached: 43bbe23868902043e2660941f5e60894.jpg (680x453, 138K)

in our spare time my buddy and I are working on some projects we hope will become profitable eventually. so hopefully eventually i will make money from programming too except ill be the head honcho and decide on the "culture" of our shop haha

Bingo.

Attached: f95869984.png (906x682, 726K)

How do we educate people so they can be smart consumers? Willingly buying garbage is ignorance
apple isn't functional. Every person I know with a macbook has keys that are broken or other hardware related problems. Even the macbooks that've only been in use for a year are broken and barely usable
can you send a link? all the search results I'm getting seem sketchy

Ohgod I haven't had to download it in almost a decade. I just happened to find my tiny 7 iso I grabbed from the bay a long time back.

I wish I was able to do stuff like this, but I lack the mental and personal fortitude.
Where the fuck am I supposed to go man?
What would you do if you didn't have the knowhow you had? What path would you take if you wanted to end up working, preferrably in a position that allows on-the-side (hardware) projects but you don't have anything?
Damn, I feel like I am intrinsically unable to get anywhere, would you have gotten to where you are now without that CS degree, because I can't fucking handle uni (but it may have been due to disease, however I really don't know what the heck to do now).

instead of whining like an entitled cunt, install linux mint and get the fuck out

>How do we educate people so they can be smart consumers? Willingly buying garbage is ignorance
Perhaps kindling a technical fortitude and interest in boys and appealing to the nurturing side of girls to protect the environment during education in school?

unironically join the military. you clearly arent dumb but it sounds like lack of willpower. the military will beat this weakness out of you.

there's no name you colossal faggot

>archive.vn/KwkVO
Link no worky
Not sure if it's possible to slim down 10 to the same extent as 7 since it has so many services and automatic updates

i recommend the coast guard or airforce and pick a technical rate

thanks for justifying me user.

Imagine not debloating windows github.com/VincentXII/Longhorn

>linux mint

Attached: eww.jpg (740x740, 616K)

i dont know nipspeak i tried my best user

what makes you think the guy has the cerebral capacity to install anything else

dumb anime poster

Attached: the army works, right.png (602x356, 349K)

this still won't work because of the millions Apple & related foes spend on advertising. There's nothing wrong with a 2012 toughbook from ebay, they're reliable and cheap. But that doesn't matter. Reliable hardware that users can repair themselves doesn't keep apple, microsoft, hp, etc in business.
mfw my x220 has been in use since 2012 and is perfectly fine unlike these broken macbooks that haven't even had their first birthday yet
I'll keep looking. I don't intend to install it but the idea of modifying proprietary software to suit the user's needs interests me

Uninstall shit, add a MicroSD for external storage.

same boat user. I've got an x230t on my hands. still handles better than those funky touchscreen laptops today. modern computers have gotten so jewed up, and op's is a great example.

Attached: thinkpad.jpg (1613x1210, 361K)

i unironically only use like 4gb
linux and programs take up about 300 mb