NOUVEAU BTFO

NOUVEAU BTFO

Attached: Screenshot_20190105_162552.png (762x335, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_Bumblebee
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nouveaufags btfo

>buy a fucking 1080ti
>use nouveau drivers

nvidia is not made for linux I guess.

The only nvidia I had was a MX4000, and I actually had to edit xorg.conf kek

>HERP BTFO Nouveau.
Implying that Google never ever delivered something buggy and unstable before.
And Nvidia.. Oh boy

Lincucks btfo

>Google
Yes goy buy into them good goy

Nouveau is only good for old Nvidia shit, anything older than Fermi you need their shitty blob that's buggy as fuck.
Just go for Intel or AMD if you want to use Linux.

>fakes the OpenGL string when queried from Chrome/Chromium
Nothing personal, kid.

Attached: 1537912852766.png (702x700, 425K)

So . . .
If you got laptop with Nvidia, what do?

install the nvidia driver.

en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_Bumblebee

Use your iGPU and just make the Nvidia part of the laptop irrelevant.

Considering that nvidia actively hinders nouveau development it's a fucking miracle that it works at all.

Stick to Windows

Why can't NVIDIA just hide the NSA backdoors inside of blobs and make an open-source driver? Oh, I know
>tfw not even Intel wants to work with you because you're a shit company led by an insufferable faggot

Attached: 1492589217716.jpg (796x805, 119K)

THE POWER OF LINUX EVERYBODY
OH NO NO NO NO NO

That makes no sense.

Combine these 2 and install proprietary nvidia driver to use with what you want to use it with

>all of this when windows will work OOTB
imagine actually using linux in 2019 LMFAO

First,
>chrome
Second, anything your browser is doing that requires hardware graphics acceleration is something your browser should not be doing.

they're bigger assholes than Oracle and that's saying something

I won't buy nvidia specifically because their drivers are complete dogshit on linux.

On top of their anticompetitive practices and their vendor lockin bullshit.

Take a hike, kikes.

Windows works "OOTB" after you install all your shitty drivers, this is no different, you're just given a choice to use the iGPU or Nvidia, individually or use both at the same time, moron.

t. SEETHING freetards

>2019
>CAN'T EVEN MAKE A WORKING GPU DRIVER
AHAHAAHHAHA FREETARDS BTFO

cope

Coc Linux trannies btfo

>Implying that Google never ever delivered something buggy and unstable before
Are you on DMT? There's no way you could see that implication in OP.

I want to shoot my hot load on Flandre's adorable face

>mesa-amdgpu

Attached: megumeme.jpg (539x297, 25K)

ironically, this will probably be what some Mesa or Nouveau dev will do.

Literally everyone hates Nvidia but insufferable gamer fags.

>chrome removes support
Actually, it's chrome users (who would be this retarded to use chrome) which got BTFO

I don't know why the fuck anyone buys shit from nvidia and their anti consumer BS. I guess if you fell for their false advertising and used to getting fucked by them you wouldn't care about running their proprietary driver to artificially lock you out of certain features until you pay.

I recently installed Ubuntu 18.10 on my mom's PC and I noticed nouveau sucks.

If this happen on amd, this thread already 300post.

Who uses Chrome on Loonix anyway?

>Nvidia letting their own opensource drives die on a critical platform
Thank god for Mesa drivers.

But what is the real reason nvidia don't want to opensource their driver?
Backdoors? Cheating in benchmarks? Illegally using patented tech?

yes

All of the above.

This
/thread

On linux? Its so if your a professional they can artificially lock you out of features unless you pay $5000 for a quadro.

On windows yeah, its secretly reducing image quality to cheat benchmarks, getting away ripping off code, and "telemetry" of course.

Never mind Intel, the fact that Apple doesn't want to do anything with Nvidia says all you need to know.

>Nvidia is shit on Linux
wow news

AMDGPU works great, as does Intel

>artificially lock you out of features unless you pay $5000 for a quadro.

ITT how to act like a huge faggot because nvidia-smi stopped displaying a value.

>Novideo

>"a aggregation"

Attached: 1546360347133.jpg (720x720, 222K)

you can disable the gpu blacklist entirely in chrome://flags

AMD doesn't have this problem

Don't make me post *that* picture again.

No shit. Nouveau's only purpose is to display a proper screen so you can click onto "download proprietary nVidia drivers" in your driver manager.

That won't help and will probably lead to other issues. Google might just do some additional checks. Like, some of their sites break if you fake a chrome fingerprint on Firefox.

Do it. Fucking Jow Forums tripfags are only good for getting BTFO anyway.

thanks but I prefer my /usr folder intact

I got it installed without even installing the Nvidia blob.

>Second, anything your browser is doing that requires hardware graphics acceleration is something your browser should not be doing.
Explain yourself.

Well what's it good for?
>cosmetic CSS animations
>smooth scrolling
>transparency
>video
all of which is obnoxious distracting shit that shouldn't be on the web or in a browser. Go to motherfuckingwebsite.com and tell me how it needs fancy 3D-accelerated garbage.

>xf86-video-amdgpu

Attached: 1351531804230.jpg (473x477, 35K)

The open source drivers aren't from Nvidia. The Nvidia drivers on Linux are proprietary, and if you want drivers for a libre-strict distro like Debian, Parabola, or GuixSD, you need to make your own drivers with a free software license. That's what Nouveau is for.

What I'm saying is Nvidia seems to see no value in having an opensource driver nor do the want to support the open driver.

AMD on the other hand actually noticed how people want their shit to actually run so... Mesa drivers are no a decent thing.

Attached: 1546695974082.gif (500x500, 1.94M)

*now a decent thing*

FUCK YOU NVIDYA

Well of course Nvidia doesn't care about the open source drivers. Nvidia makes a majority of their profits from the gamer market these days, and since AAA games only run on Windows, they don't need to care about FOSS Linux support. In fact, I remember Linus making a big rant against Nvidia 8 years ago because they refused to release open source drivers for their cards, but at the same time refused to release the documentation for their cards, making it a nightmare for anyone who wanted to write their own Nvidia drivers for the Linux kernel. Knowing Nvidia, I assume the situation hasn't changed since then, making it quite impressive that the Nouveau drivers work at all.

I had a GTX 770 for a few years because I got a really good deal from a friend, and I bet a lot of people have the same conundrum. It was miserable as a Linux user and I had to keep a Windows partition around even if I never really used it. I saved up for a long time to get an AMD card afterwards and I've never been happier. Being able to play muh gaymes on Linux and never having to fucking touch Windows for any purpose whatsoever is nice (even if I don't really do it often anymore because I'm an adult.)

>Using open source graphics drivers

Yea. It is stupid on their part because they want everyone in the server gpu market to buy addition license cards for special uses like qemu, kvm, and xen. It seems you are right about Nvidia focusing their cards on the mainstream gaming market and high end enterprise market.

Us in the middle are left hacking software to get their cards working. Again thank god for Mesa drivers, otherwise we would have to suffer using windows server and azure services instead of rolling our own infrastructure.

Well, I remember sharing MacBook pro for work, they warned us to not update the CUDA drivers because graphic software will become unstable.

I updated that shit once, and couldn't use external monitors at all. Hopefully I said that it upgraded itself, and they believed.

tl;dr FUCK NVIDIA.
MEME COMPANY THAT EXISTS ONLY BECAUSE OF
>MUH PC BUILD BASED ON HIGH PRICES=//=BEST

Attached: 1543720931548.png (247x246, 83K)