Tampermonkey

So, opera blacklisted it and apparently it went closed source some time ago
What do you think?

Attached: Tampermonkey-Extension-Download.png (1054x535, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Tampermonkey/tampermonkey
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't think much of anything about it, if I'm being honest.

I switched to it when it was the only *monkey to properly handle 4chanX's captcha fixes. Worked fine since then.

You're are using Opera so it doesn't matter

>went closed source s
Wait, what?

Violentmonkey

Don't work with a ton of stuff

>using chink botnet browsers

I have never had an issue with the classic greasemonkey, which is FOSS.

Jow Forums x wouldn't work with it for a while
switched to Violentmonkey and had no problems since then

>What do you think?
I'm thinking.. why are people still using opera? it was a great browser once upon a time, i loved, but.. not any more.

install violentmonkey

>PSA: If you're using Opera and wondering why the extension doesn't work on Google or other search engines

Attached: quihoo360-opera.png (255x255, 7K)

you can use a plain extension for Jow Forums x

Jow Forums shilled me into using violentmonkey ages ago.

thankfully you've been using violentmonkey all along, right?

right?

I don't care because I never understood the appeal of 4chanx. All the feature it offers are nothing but gimmicks that are already available on the site settings.

>What do you think?
I think that sucks and that I'm glad Firefox doesn't do retarded shit like this.

Everything after 2.9 is proprietary.
github.com/Tampermonkey/tampermonkey
Look at the README.md:
>This repository contains the source of the Tampermonkey extension up to version 2.9. All newer versions are distributed under a proprietary license.

Almost all of them were not at some point, and people used 4chanx because it was the only way to get those basic features. Now they are used to all the goodies provided by it and are not willing to switch to vanilla Jow Forums js.

Wtf is tamponmonkey?

>tamponmonkey
Whatever your mom uses down there during those months.

>tampermonkey
Better userscript manager than GreaseMonkey, ViolentMonkey and other equivalents.

It's proprietary, user. Also, what features do you think it has that are better than Greasemonkey?

Using violentmonkey for 4chanx here, have no complaints, I don't think tampermonkey is any better.

Compatibility. That's the whole reason I started to use it and it never let me down.
GreaseMonkey had issues enabling some of my userscripts.

isn't this your subjective personal experience and not an objective evaluation of quality of the software

Good to know, I don't use opera but I see 0 reasons to let some propietary shit to inject scripts and look at every webpage I visit, getting violentmonkey

Violentmonkey doesn't work for me (on icecat) at all. It doesn't inject any scripts. Any ideas?

>he fell for the icecat meme

It actually works now, but I have to manually copy and paste the code for noscript captcha.

>GreaseMonkey had issues enabling some of my userscripts.
Then fix them?
Why let shitty developers with broken scripts lock you into a proprietary addon?

GreaseMonkey is horribly broken and outdated though. You're better off contributing to violentmonkey.

Works find on Safari.

Link ads skipper plz

4chanx keeps settings stored separately in the scriptmanager. Meaning, i can safely delete everything when firefox closes and not lose functionality. That's the main reason i use it and it has more features.