All hail the small form factor king

all hail the small form factor king

Attached: dan case.png (1173x807, 851K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/z5PYXHB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cute but...
>1xUSB3.0 a power button and nothing more
as stupid as a macbook air. I woudln't trade a nice design with useful features. It needs way more stuff on the front panel.

And 4-6 on the rear panel. The front I/O has everything you need and nothing you don't.

>only one USB A 3.0
>no headphone and mic jack
>no USB C
Sure thing buddy, everything you need. I'd remove the power button too, who needs to shoutdown a desktop?

What if I want to use two flash drives? What if I want to charge something while using a flash drive?

>Just get up and put it in the back!
>Just use a dongle!
No.

>230 euros
no thanks

>only one USB A 3.0
How often do you really need more than one?
>no headphone and mic jack
They're shit anyways. Built-in audio is awful, even more so on a small ITX board, and the cables used to plug into the header would more than likely be unshielded. Even fucking Bluetooth is a better option.
>no USB C
Still just a meme. Very few things actually use it. Try again when they're commonplace.

>What if I want to use two flash drives?
Why?
>What if I want to charge something while using a flash drive?
Then use a charger. Using a desktop computer to charge your device is inefficient and retarded.

>Using a desktop computer to charge your device is inefficient and retarded.
Did you just make this up user?

Cope with your shitty brand new case you bought out of an impulsive decision.
Now buy a macbook air too, it's M I N I M A L just as you like.

Front panels are integrated pretty poorly most of the time as you can see from the op. It's out of place and sticks out like a sore thumb on minimalistic cases.

There shouldn't be any io at all if you're going for aesthetics. If you need usb that bad just stick a USB hub underneath your desk using double sided tape. Or for a even more professional approach use a hole saw and put in Pic related, but that might be too much for the typical npc Lego builder.

Attached: 08_done_02.jpg (1200x618, 135K)

I bought something similar last year, but it's got an odd diameter. None of the hole saw blades that I have will fit it, and the only ones I've found that match are upwards of $70 from unknown chink sellers.

>$225 USD

no thanks.

small ass cases are overpriced.

just get a node 202.

idk man maybe you just got unlucky. Maybe buy a caliper for $3 off Ali to get the exact size then find a fitting charger. Otherwise just file it most have lips that cover ugly drill holes anyways

Attached: Screenshot_20190105-231920.png (1440x2880, 1.31M)

>inb4 it's a standard metric size and some seppo is completely dumbstruck by it

Attached: ryzen.jpg (980x735, 107K)

louqe ghost s1 is the best case currently

Seppo is a fucking talotaikuri, he would know.

Boy that's an expensive cuckbox

That's a custom case. But very nice

cute!

I have a Ghost S1 and an Ncase and I say it depends on use case. For under 10L I mostly agree as the Ghost S1 has better cpu clearence than the Dancase, but if you plan on using tophats, my Ghost s1 + Large tophat(240mm rad) performs worse than my Ncase with the 240mm rad.

CANT WAIT TO GET ONE FOR MY KEKSHED
>t. basedboy

cringe

why does a case that requires less materials to make cost more??

You know that the more of something you make, the less it costs to make each one, right? Well small cases don't sell very well compared to big cases, so they don't make very many of them, so they cost more.

>shitty airflow
>small ass fans
>no expandability
>thermal throttling
At least you can easily store it in your cuckshed

Attached: 1421641856756.jpg (2496x1664, 1.2M)

DUDE KEKSHED LMAO SO FUN E

Im letting you know your post influenced a 30000$ decision on including a wireless charger in a bedside table on a 5star hotel.
Thanks man.

np man everything I say is right and I have the best taste

>What is portability

Nice.
Posted from my A4-SFX v1.

this made my peepee hard god damm

>what are laptops

I have an Ncase M1. It's a slightly bigger case but it allows the freedom to do proper air cooling or custom water loops. And there's some wiggle room in terms of where you want to put components. You could even go dual 240mm radiator if your heart desired.

Attached: IMG_20181119_074554.jpg (5184x2592, 1.48M)

One front USB is fine but it should be 3.1g2 in >2019

Are the thermals really as bad as people say? I can't imagine having 4x120 fans blowing from a short distance would give crappy performance. How are your fans setup?

based and tastepilled

Not at all. People like to exaggerate.
Check out the Optimum Tech YouTube channel, he's done a bunch of testing of different cooling setups in the M1.

No reason to have all those on the front when the backpanel is only 30cm away.

>>Using a desktop computer to cha
not really, the front panel is custom but the case is probably a zs-a4m, you can get them on taobao for around 120 bucks with shipping costs included.

you can see it here, 4.6l itx case
imgur.com/a/z5PYXHB

You can order these cases for 30-50$ from taobao

Its only the dumb westerners paying kickstarter abd dumb western online scam enthusiust shops 200$+ prices on them

Honestly the Louqe looks better. That being said, I still like the NCASE M1 that I got.

Realistically, how many times a year do you need to transport your desktop?

I've really only had mine water cooled. For the short amount of time I had air, I had intake fans on the bottom. No issues with thermal throttling.

I currently have the worst possible loop set up in terms of thermals. slim 240 radiator with slim fans cooling an i5 and 1080ti mini. One 80mm fan attached to the roof as an intake with a hard drive blocking rear exhaust. Glass side panel. Gpu is always cool and CPU seems to stay under 75. I keep my home cool so I would say cpu could get into the 80's.

I originally had a normal radiator and fan water loop setup and there was plenty of room to overclock cpu.

Attached: 1546794879682.jpg (1920x1080, 1.22M)

dcapitates your king

Attached: 1543159530124.jpg (1280x440, 111K)

Front stuff is a complete meme outside of having 2 usb and a usb-c I guess. These cases are still complete dog shit either way. If you want portability buy a laptop you imbecile.

I moved to another country last year for 8 months. Brought my sff build onto the plane as a carry-on. What would having an atx build have done for me? A comparable laptop would obviously be much more expensive.

The Taobao ones are knockoffs, the Dan ones are made by Lian-Li and include a relatively decent PCI-E extender.

A laptop is so portable and so complete you could have pulled it out of your bag on the airplane and turned it on and done stuff with it. Don't even try to compete with a laptop in portability, you cannot win.

Can a $800 sff rig beat this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190106-161034.png (1440x2880, 470K)

What kind of question is that even? Would having an ATX suddenly prevented you from moving? Because if you're asking what advantages ATX has over ITX you can look at any one of these meme threads for your answer.

that's a fucking huge case

>not buying a laptop and connecting it to a monitor

what advantages? I get the same exact performance minus a pci-e slot. I moved around the world without having to ship my computer to myself for $$. Having a full size case would have not done anything.

I don't know if you've been on a long 10+ hour flight but last thing I want to do is pull out an 8lb laptop and try to play tomb raider while the fans rip.

I'm not the guy you were quoting, but i have to travel like 3 times in a year, and a laptop can't match my pc specs, so i have to travel with this big case, im looking towards a mini case.

finally a thread for me to ask:
What's a good case for a ryzen APU build with a 2.5' ssd and 2-3 3.5' HDDs? removable PSU (im fine with paying more for modular) a big plus so I can get a nice long lasting one.
Also what ryzen apu mobo is good if I'm gonna be running linux?

You have a significantly bigger limitation on parts, which further depends on the actual case you're using.
Limited airflow and cooling options will mean high end parts will throttle.
Significantly more noise because of smaller fans that have to work even harder.
Upgrade paths are limited.
Storage is limited.

To name a few.

Having 3.5" drives for one

just buy a laptop dufus

link?

Cant go lower than mATX, need 2 PCIe slots
>jonsbo umx4

You're applying your use case to theirs. That makes no sense. They're already using it but you're approaching it from a pre-sales perspective. You're just using this as a platform to talk about things you're concerned about as if they're everyone's concerns

The Core 500 is pretty small, but allows you to mount a retarded huge heatsink, a normal (read: not garbage) PSU, and a long GPU. And drives. It's also cheap as fuck.

The only advantage mini cases provide is the size, that is a FACT. Moving from one country to another once 8 months ago being a justification for using objectively shittier option for pure desktop use is fucking retarded. If you move around a lot and you really need your desktop always with you for some reason sure, I can understand. Or if you're a Jap living in 1x1m^2 apartment with zero room.

I provided objective advantages ATX has over ITX cases, that's all.

All my user end systems are SSD only, i only have hard drives ins my NAS

there is no difference between a mini itx and an atx if you use one pci-e slot. I can use all of the same parts you do. Your argument is simply that youre butthurt over itx builds.

N ot all mini itx build restrict drive sizes. I've got a board that supports two m.2 drives and a case that will fit a 3.5" drive.

I have a mac mini :)

Attached: 1542878814041.png (900x729, 129K)

>The only advantage mini cases provide is the size, that is a FACT
why are you so mad people dont buy your xbox huge ATX shit because they like ITX more?

Use your money however you want, that doesn't make you any less of a retard.

Attached: ghost_s1_all.png (2560x1440, 1.63M)

>waaahh stop buying things i dont like
only retard here is you, buddy

they should sell panels in those sizes as well because the top hat looks retarded.

gimme a sfx for this thing, assuming the GPU is an ITX model

Attached: 1437707789497.jpg (2400x1600, 558K)

This dude is using it BECAUSE of the size. Did you not even read what you initially replied to or did you just lose your shit at the mere thought of someone using a tiny and didn't get any of the details

All you have done is shown that you have never built anything itx. Try it out and see what the actual pros and cons are instead of the reasons you made up in your head. Obviously there will be differences but you are just acting like a raging faggot for some reason.

>and a laptop can't match my pc specs
What is a better laptop? What is a remote desktop? Some people really love to eat the soup with a fork

It's almost like there's multiple solutions to a problem but different use cases can dictate the outcome.

>just get a laptop and a desktop lmao
ok, so I get laptop, and SFF PC. who said I had to own a bulky desktop