Is remote work for programmers common in Tokyo? I wanna live in Tokyo but I am very autistic

Is remote work for programmers common in Tokyo? I wanna live in Tokyo but I am very autistic.

Attached: IMG_0010.jpg (725x712, 82K)

it's not by accident that the hikikomori phenomenon started in japan, the better question is whether you can find work to do remotely from tokyo

doesn't matter where you live if you are a shutin...

github hires in Japan
depends on your citizenship tho, if you're American or whatever citienship you can remote work anywhere

Have you ever been to japan? I am here right now and it is not the place my autistic self dreamt of. It is cold and depressing and quite unfriendly. I would kill my self from the loneliness and seeming indifference of the nation if I lived here.

I have a friend who is aiming to go to Japan to program. I'm kind of worried about him.

What location are you at user?

Remote work is a meme. Once you are a team member you might go remote, but being hired remotely as a nobody is almost impossible.

Social aspect is the same as in every other business. No one takes nobodies into a business form the street, unless it is a fucking sweatshop.

No, lol.

>It is cold and depressing and quite unfriendly
How about going out and talking to people? I'm getting along fairly well with the people at my local gym.
You can't expect people to just become friends with you. There's so many foreigners in Japan who don't speak any Japanese they pretty much expect that they can't communicate with you. They're also quite tsundere about it. I was lucky that someone showed up with good English skills who made it clear other people there were interested in getting to know me but they don't take the initiative themselves.

Did you fags not research a damn thing about Japan/Eastern culture? Eastern culture is a collectivism. "Nail that sticks out gets hammered". Being different is considered detrimental, especially if it actually is detrimental trait like autism.

pajeet country is better

>How about going out and talking to people
First rule in Tokyo is not talking to other people unless absolutely necessary

And that's why you feel depressed and that everyone is quite unfriendly.
Use the fact that you're a gaijin to break that rule, and you'll find people receptive and friendly.

>weeb saying he's autistic
a bit redundant, no?

Even if people are receptive and friendly towards you it won't mean that they really wanted to talk or enjoy the conversation.

Attached: Anime-разное-4057477.jpg (746x748, 159K)

I'm not OP but if you don't blend in, you stand out and not in a good way.

That's not actually true.
The trainer guy at my gym wore a ballerina tutu and that fucking swan ring thing around his crotch that I remember from Nichijou for the team marathon he took part in, and at the Christmas body combat.
You can stand out, but you need to do it in an inclusive way instead of standing out as a loner.

If they start regularly talking to you and inviting you to go drinking or otherwise spend time with them, it does. But they're not going to do that unless you put yourself out there.
There's something that I hear really commonly in Japan, about people wanting to be more proactive. This whole "the nail that sticks out gets hammered in" idea is something they believe to but actually want to break free of.
They're not going to hammer you back into place because you started a conversation with them. Some of them, if they see you regularly, may actually want to talk with you but don't know if you want to talk with them. And you won't find out until you come across the very rare person who will just strike up a conversation with you.

Why is Japan suddenly omnipresent?

>suddenly
It always was.

Attached: matoi.png (805x419, 369K)

I was always unaware of it.

inb4 the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon

Has anyone here (who isn't FROM Japan) ever gotten hired to do software dev in Japan? Are there any startups in Japan run by foreigners who hire other foreigners and bring them to Japan or is that not really a thing?

did he look cute user

ppl get hired in Japan all the time just speak Japanese have degree and u will be hired

This, I made so much friends in japan just randomly talking to people.

I had random japanese treat me for a whole meal saying I hope that you'll remember this moment forever that Japan will always welcome you.

Japan NEEDS programmers, they NEED software devs but they cant find any japanese to do it. So if you're good they will hire you.

The only issue is that you need to speak basic japanese and they'll hire you on the spot.

The thing about Japan is they're the coolest Asians by far. Honor, military tradition, super high GDP, HDI etc.. also they're either sex freaks or asexual, also X Japan, also anime. I love Japan and would totally move there.

Tokyo is gay Sapporo is better

Took this the other day from the parking lot of the local Family Mart. Guess where it is and I'll tell you more...

Attached: kt2.jpg (2688x1520, 405K)

Based

I'm already learning Japanese and bring a just graduated CS fag this sounds like a very interesting pathway in a few years time

Just be an english teacher, a lot of people do the pathway of being an english teacher to get their foot in the door and use the time there to find jobs as programmers that pay exceedingly well and have great hours.

Japan being old fashioned prefers to hire you if you already live in japan than overseas.