/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: e71af4aacac235ecc535dcec66ca713c.png (900x1199, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/VggNBLXS
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/4chanX_filters
old.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/aabewq/topping_dx3_pro_failure_after_3_weeks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cute drawing of me

My wives!

bump

penis in a benis wenis

nikita please save us from this horror

Attached: выхода нет.jpg (415x587, 120K)

the horror of getting dabbed on by stax chads? lmao

pretty dead tonight

/hpg/ hasn't been very enticing lately

t. butthurt stax incel

mental illness filter works great and is /comfy/

pastebin.com/VggNBLXS
also it has been updated to 0.4 to fix minor issues

Attached: shitposting.jpg (438x438, 35K)

Add "lmao"

>filter the whole fucking general
Bravo!

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/4chanX_filters

Here's some more filters to make Jow Forums a more enjoyable browsing experience

Are there any measurements of the blue TH900?
it's supposed to be tuned to be less bright

Attached: IMG_20190106_085319.jpg (315x474, 94K)

>colors influence the sound signature
Average ricer, ladies and gentlemen.

no, just sapphire and nikita :3

Audeze mobius just got updated, now you can bind commands to head movements!

The drivers themselves are tuned differently you idiot

I don't think they would do that. It's probably identical with a different finish.

they changed the damping resulting in:
>The frequencies between 300-600Hz have been increased or expanded and from 6500Hz and up the frequencies have been smoothed out a bit. The end result is a more linear sounding headphone across the frequency band.

Nice if true. Exactly what it needed.

Hello /hpg/, I finally bought my own house, that means I can make more noise and get into speakers. I just bought a lot of appliances, plus some other basics so I'm not rolling on dough anymore.
Would you reccomend buying a prebuild kit from parts express? I don't mind putting in the work and soldering the crossover.

Attached: parts express.png (225x225, 6K)

>headphones general

Why this general exists?

/ag/ is fucking dead, user

Anime feet

the ultimax subs are endgame tier, especially with the DSP amp backplate
the amiga towers are pretty good but i prefer the kits from diysoundgroup.com
remember to do at least some degree of room treatment

Sounds like a you problem.

try the swan 3,1 kit and look up on how to do the upgraded crossover for them
ultimax subs are fucking beasts and easy to build

so what are some good upgrade options if i like hd650? asked few threads ago about zmf eikon and ether flow, never heard any zmfs but i can take my friends ether for 750 and didnt find anything i dislike when i tried them out, should i pull the trigger or keep looking? running gilmore lite mk2 amp
>inb4 stax
i dont have space for a big ass energizer

>the amiga towers are pretty good
That kit is surprisingly affordable, I was looking at the Tritrix MTM towers which are a $100 more. I'll keep them in mind.
>i prefer the kits from diysoundgroup.com
I'll look into it

I'll also look into the Swan 3.1 and since both of you reccomend the ultimax subs, I might as well just buy a kit too. Thank you for your reccomendations, user.

>big ass
The 252S is literally the same size as a JDS atom.

Is there any practical way to record your own personalized hrtf?

>buys overpriced audiofool equipment
>can't buy or build a fucking desk

why can i see their panties user?

they're audiosluts

build ProAc 2.5 Clone

good point, might look into that but do L300 have hd650 type of warm and smooth sound signature though? its the only model i can afford outright and theres no dealer carrying stax locally for me to try them out

... is full of shitposters and shitposting

audio technica ath-pdg1's any good?

>building a fucking new desk and rework my layout for a pair of headphone
sure got the priorities right

Ebay is overly protective of customers so you're pretty much guaranteed to be able to return them even if the seller doesn't want you to.

If you have no space for a fucking amplifier, it means your desk is tiny and cramped.

L300 are definitely not smooth. They are kinda warm, I guess? But they have much more attack and aggression than HD650 imo. And you will have to swap the pads because the L300 have no pads.

judging from frequency response of l300 they seem to be slightly brighter than hd650 and bass dont go as deep as 650s, might try to get them on ebay in case i dont like them, thanks for the suggestions anons
valid point but i dont want to sacrifice more walking space for a bigger desk, its not a big room to start with

I like the fostex single horn speakers. Look into them at Madison audio.

Will look into them before deciding in what to buy, thank you guys!

Attached: 1528423346601.jpg (433x433, 38K)

>bass dont go as deep as 650s
false, just seal mod them and they will go as low as any other stax
>And you will have to swap the pads because the L300 have no pads.
false, just memory foam mod them. why do you keep spreading disinfo about the L300 whenever someone asks about it? "more attack and aggresion" lol. just speak plainly, it simply doesn't have dark or wonky treble like the majority of headphones and they are bright because they have rolled off bass due to being ported

How is it disinfo? The L300 pads are just not comfortable. I haven’t done a memory foam mod on them but I don’t think they have enough physical thickness to be comfortable period.
>lol. just speak plainly, it simply doesn't have dark or wonky treble like the majority of headphones and they are bright
It’s not just about brightness, they’re also very upfront in terms of presentation. Stop acting like your opinion is the end all be all.

>I haven’t done a memory foam mod on them but I don’t think they have enough physical thickness to be comfortable period.
this is disinfo FAG.
>they’re also very upfront in terms of presentation
yes because they have rolled off bass and thin as fuck pads what do you expect them to sound like? fixed by pad modding

Attached: 1528611647544.jpg (2000x1500, 1.42M)

Why are you so adamant on forcing your opinions down everyone’s throats? Fucking autist.

because stax gimps the fuck out of their budget option to trick people like you into buying or shilling their unnecessary expensive gear and you fell for it, hook line and sinker

$100 for a pad swap is expensive to you? I have bad news for you dude.

Sauce on pic?

I don't own the L300 I own the L700 and recognize there's little benefit owning one over a modded L300. however, an extra $100 pad swap IS expensive for someone already throwing down $600 for the cheapest possible setup stax offers. I used to shill the $100+ pad swap like you did, someone told me to stop and they were right. and so I did. and you should too.

So wait, you don’t even own a pair that’s actually modded and haven’t even done the mod yourself? Have you ever even worn a L300 in real life or seen one?
>someone told me to stop and they were right. and so I did
Sounds like bootlicker syndrome to me.

What’s the difference between DT770 and DT880?

DT110

>Sounds like bootlicker syndrome to me.
you lack basic human social skills if you think being amicable or reasonable is bootlicking. I remember I was forced to take social skill classes as part of the compsci curriculum because autists like you having failures for parents that forgot to teach them how to work with others. employers were asking the schools to add classes because they were sick of having to hire hard headed brain slugs such as yourself

Yep, bootlicker. Get some fucking self esteem dude.

you have mental illness

Being under aggression all the time on Jow Forums.org can also do that to you. Maybe he's decent in real life.

You have no fucking assertiveness at all, you’re as passive as a doll. Fucking wimp.

Pls respond

see

What is the best DAC under 200 dollars?

>previously thought $50 replacement ear pads was expensive
>stax niggers are bending over and shelling out $100-$200 just to replace the shitty stock ear pads their headphone came with, and still have to worry about modifying them afterwards (plus the price of the materials to do so)

Attached: 1390364016719.jpg (406x537, 150K)

If you replace the pads with L700 pads you don’t have to give a shit about modding.

Do round Stax adapters exist at all? I have Fostex sheepskin pads lying around.

Fuck off

yes but i'm too lazy to find it, don't get the ported version ofc

vesperaudio sells aftermarket ones that are apparently pretty good for $60

should i get these?
first big headphone purchase for me.. am i missing out on something better at a similar price range?

Attached: good.png (1213x609, 323K)

>big headphone purchase
Focus on getting a better job first.

Too expensive. If you want that one specifically, get M40X instead. Around $200 get MSR7 or Momentum instead.

just getting into the hobby.. not big money wise, just first impactful purchase of headphones specifically for listening

is the sound difference not big enough to warrant the extra 50$?

M40X should be around $80 IIRC, and yes that's exactly it.
Though if you're not after convenience you may want to look into an open back instead, unless you like bass a lot.
I heard DT770 is also a decent choice, though I can't confirm it.

>M50X
>M50X for $169 (!)
No way, man.

how about the difference between those and momentum? It seems like the big selling point for those is the portability. I'm gonna be sometimes listening on commute, but mostly at home, at my desk. Would you recommend those over the M40x? the noise cancelling from closed back also would be a plus.

what do you recommend?

The Momentum over-ear sounds much better than M50X and is basically indestructible. Portability is about the same. Don't get the wireless or active noise cancelling one.

Someone please post the recommended Dac and amp list

Unlike certain other charts in this general this one’s actually pretty good.

Attached: A1A29A83-356E-4BDA-AE2A-01ACB4AA4B33.png (3200x3840, 2.82M)

good for home listening too? if so then my mind's made up. also for some reason, only the wireless version is showing up? am i rarted?

I suppose? Comfort is hit or miss depending on the size of your ears so consider that.
Momentum is good for bass and mid-range with very little treble which makes for a non-fatiguing but dark sound signature.
The wired version exists, so just keep looking.

The DX3Pro looks great on paper but I would only consider it recommendable in maybe a few months once their are more comments on their QC issues.

Sage.

There’s a version that says to avoid it until QC is fixed but I don’t have that one.

You can just use optical, which you should use instead of USB on any dac/amp anyway.

He’s not talking about the click.

What QC issue then?

old.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/aabewq/topping_dx3_pro_failure_after_3_weeks/
There are a bunch more posts on plebbit and headfi along the lines of this that I can’t be bothered to dig up but basically stuff like this.

fucking burgers and their burger and assdrop shit

chinks are slanty eyed jews

Haven't heard of anyone here having that problem

Because QC is random and luck based.

leddit deserves it anyway

Leddit deserves to die in a house fire caused by a DX3 short circuiting