/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cyberpunk General

To whoever posted the last thread: Fuck you discordfag.

/cyb/erpunk:
The Cypherpunk Manifesto activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html
The Cyberpunk Manifesto project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

"What is cyberpunk?" pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

Cyberpunk directory (Communities, Media, Readings) pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH
Cyberpunk resources (Miscellaneous) pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

/cyb/ ftp: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/

/sec/urity:
The Hacker Manifesto: phrack.org/issues/7/3.html
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

"Why privacy matters" youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
"Shit just got real" pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

Cybersecurity basics and armory pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX
Endware endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html
BBS archives textfiles.com/index.html
Various guides to get started github.com/mayfrost/guides/

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0) mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw

Thread Archive: archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

IRC:
Guide github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md
Join irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
SSL Required:
#Jow Forumspunk
#Jow Forumssec
#nfo

Schway SSH Textboard: [email protected] (port 22)

Attached: oh.jpg (1920x3233, 987K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vuzix.com/products/blade-smart-glasses
github.com/leapmotion/ProjectNorthStar
magicleap.com/
bynorth.com/focals)
github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/WATCHLIST.md
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5qJjNM2Kx0
youtube.com/watch?v=APOAmxFEMkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hRwU9zJcT60
annex.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberpunk_Educator
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/shodan_io/#&gid=1&pid=2
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hacksearch-pro/
gocomics.com/9chickweedlane/2019/01/06
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorded_keyboard
theregister.co.uk/2019/01/01/blade_runner_today/
siliconangle.com/2019/01/06/nsa-open-source-ghidra-reverse-engineering-tool-march/
code.nsa.gov/
hackaday.com/2019/01/02/your-face-is-going-places-you-may-not-like/
github.com/megous/megatools
unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-signs-were-living-in-cyberpunk.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity.

cool

CN some user pull the movie list from the archives? Can’t on phone
>phone normie

So the dream is the AR overlay like Lain and Ghost in the Shell. No more need to pull anything out of your pocket or peer at your wrist. Anywhere you look is where your display is. Basically a holographic representation of digital information over the real world. That would be some real cyb shit straight out of Neuromancer.
The problem is implementation has been shit from the dork ass Google Glass crap with the prism LCoS monitor thingy to the Vuzix m300 line that looks like literal Saiyan/Borg tier creep shit.
But lately after checking into Focals by North and realizing its shit (can't dev for it), I noticed Vuzix has released the Blade series with waveguide optics. The trick is rather than having a tiny monitor shine through a prism tunnel, there are tiny etchings in the glass itself that a projector bounces off so the thing that sits in front of your eyes is indistinguishable from the lens in a regular eyeglass. When you turn it on though, you get your overlay.
What has me excited about this is aside from the somewhat bulky arms, I might *actually* wear it. It runs Android and you can upload apps to it via ADB. It has wifi, bluetooth, pairs with your phone for notifications, has a camera, and the display is 800x480 so good for a decent amount of information, remember the original iPhone was 480x320. Oh, and it can be ordered with prescription lenses. And if that's not enough, it has some real AR capabilities. There are demos on Youtube of people looking at smart appliances and getting the temperature, etc. in the overlay. I'm sure more can be done as it has GPS, accelerometer, and whatever else. Price? $999.
So I'm getting a pair. Fuck it, right? /cyb/ fabulous. This might be a turning point for this techn for people who like to live 15 minutes in the future. Not something normies will have for 10 years but I believe it's practical for me right now. And no I don't work for them just excited about the glasses.
vuzix.com/products/blade-smart-glasses

Attached: vuzix_blade.jpg (1024x768, 98K)

Look into these projects before buying, they head in a similar direction:
github.com/leapmotion/ProjectNorthStar
magicleap.com/

Cool. Thanks for the links. I've had my eye on magicleap. I think what has me sold on the Vuzix stuff is it's available now, the price is within reach, and I can actually wear it around without people being like wtf? The only thing I've seen compete with that is Focals by North (bynorth.com/focals) which admittedly are more aesthetic but they're a lot less powerful. I haven't seen anything like the Vuzix kit available as even the ODG R9's (pic related) use the prism thing rather than waveguide and it's waveguide or nothing if you want to go out in public and who wants to live Blade Runner just in his own house.

Attached: odg.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

>irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
Can't we use a tor-friendly IRC?
>OFTC allows most time Tor connections

cyberpunk has 0 to do with security and merging the 2 just devolves everything into underage lainfag LARP bullshit, fuck off and make a different thread

>Join irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
I'd prefer LambdaMOO

Attached: ff_walker_f.jpg (630x495, 71K)

>new fags
Listen, the /cyb/ threads of old can't survive on their own and neither can the /sec/ threads. Thus, the combo. Don't like it? Post more.

Bump!!

>cyberpunk has 0 to do with security and merging the 2 just devolves everything into underage lainfag LARP bullshit, fuck off and make a different thread
1: You are late. You were supposed to be here hours ago.
2: ctrl-F LARP: 1. Clearly you ere the first and only to bring this up. Please erect a better strawman next time.

Attached: Cyberpunk2077_gape.webm (1600x900, 1.21M)

OP image isn't too shabby but we need better branding with /CYB/ for recognition. Pic. related.

Attached: NSA_wuvs_cyb.jpg (1600x1200, 168K)

Lol. Grow up kiddos.

Seth, Caleb it's time for lunch. Please turn off your computer's, and come down to eat lunch with us.

>Lunch is served for everyone on Jow Forums
Where do we meet up??

what is this ftp lol theres like a billion pictures

this ftp is due for some organization

How do I get a job in cybsec outside of my country and government?

Any military here? I'm about to EAS and hopefully have a Sec+ cert by that time. Any recommendations for starting positions or good degree's to go for?

Attached: goodjoe.jpg (1189x671, 48K)

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH

THATS MEEEEEE

This is a backup solution for the Collectivecomputers FTP server which is presently down.

Yes, it is a mess. The reason is that we cannot make sub directories so everything ends up in one huge pile. The FTP server mentioned above permits creation of sub directories and is far better. The only thing is that it has grown by aggregation and the content has outgrown the structure.

If you have a spare machine and is willing to host an FTP site we would all be grateful.

github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/WATCHLIST.md

Former military telegraphist here, also worked in defence industry. It all depends very much on what country you are in. In the US and UK you are better off with a university degree and then join on an officer course. In other countries you can go through the ranks from the very bottom and get the military to pay for your degree.

A lot of western countries are on a major recruitment drive for intelligence and electronic warfare work, a quick review of recruiting pages make it clear.

Also check the /sec/ FAQ and /cyb/ FAQ for more information, there is a LOT there for you.

Attached: krug-image01.jpg (800x709, 83K)

Let's share some worthwhile and on-topic documentaries, review them, comment on them, etc.

>Stare into the lights, my pretties
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5qJjNM2Kx0

Attached: 2v9SwEB.gif (864x496, 70K)

Good idea.
>27c3: Cybernetics for the Masses
youtube.com/watch?v=APOAmxFEMkQ

Lecture by Lepht Anonym about DIY cybernetics, very basic stuff, she went into how to make basic implants from stuff you can buy anywhere.

I bet there is an after and before this lecture.

Attached: zev bellringer, because every chick should be part cluster lizard.jpg (474x317, 39K)

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/
Yay! It is backkkkkkkk!

Attached: 1500384859078.gif (500x500, 1.96M)

>Cyberpunk (1990)
youtube.com/watch?v=hRwU9zJcT60

Old school cyberpunks and hackers in general, interviews of William Gibson and Timothy Leary. When you hear the cyberpunks interviewed you can feel identified with what they say.

Attached: 18yptzqv5fdd8jpg.jpg (1000x1334, 374K)

annex.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberpunk_Educator
>Director Andrew J. Holden created most of the film on a desktop built from dumpster-dove computer parts. The 400 MHz system was held together by duct tape. In addition, the footage is entirely composed of material from the Internet—all the video footage, software programs, and even the narrative voice itself were ripped from the net.
>As such, the film is surrounded by the politically controversial issue of online File-sharing and is largely ignored by mainstream media. However, independent publications such as Toronto's Exclaim! newspaper have given it positive reviews.

/cyb/ af

based lexxposter

>The 400 MHz system was held together by duct tape
Can't beat this

muh nigga

Attached: 30583255-30583258-large.jpg (600x394, 36K)

>If you have a spare machine and is willing to host an FTP site we would all be grateful.
I've honestly thought about this a lot but ever time I see a public-facing FTP server with Jow Forums attached to it, it goes to shit very very very quickly

If you have a TS/SCI, Sec+, and a STEM or intel-related degree, you will have a lot of career opportunities in the civilian defense contract world.

Check out this schway add-on for FireFuarks:
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/shodan_io/#&gid=1&pid=2
It uses the Shodan.io API to display some info in your browser.

Attached: ShodanAddon.png (1280x1024, 281K)

the botnet scares the fuck out of me.

so what if i want to get a visa and google tells them i pirate anime and think im some kind of criminal, this is scary as shit.

Attached: 1546126947828.png (336x259, 77K)

Also this addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hacksearch-pro/

We're NOT living in a cyberpunk world right now.

Just... accept it already.

Yes, there are aspects of technology nowadays that are "cyberpunk-esque", aspects of society that are "dystopian cyberpunk-esque", but the reality is, we're just not quite there yet.

Take Bladerunner for example. Stereotypical cyberpunk kind of thing. The world looks NOTHING like it right now, and the date in that film was what, 2015?? The closest you can find something like this aesthetic is in some asian alleyways.

I mean give me a break, we don't even have flying cars yet, let alone AI that isn't just if-else statement spaghetti. Or driverless cars en masse. We don't even have fucking drones delivering packages yet. Or cityscapes that are cyberpunk.

Until I look outside my cushy apartment window in the city and see something that closely resembles literally anything that is even stereotypically "cyberpunky".

At the current rate of things going on in the world, tech and otherwise, we probably won't be living in an arguably Bladerunner/Shadowrun/Cyberpunk world until the 2100s at the VERY earliest. And that's if humanity doesn't fuck itself up before then.
Likely won't see anything resembling this pic here until the 2400s.

That being said, keep these threads up, I honestly do love cyberpunk. It's awesome. end rant.

Attached: 1442042571179.jpg (1920x1082, 433K)

They took us the aesthetics, they hide us the ruling corporatocracy. In that sense we are not living in an OPENLY cyberpunk world, but the world's true face is different.

Attached: cyberpunk.png (1024x600, 189K)

yes, we are.

Any recommendations for how to narrow my attention for learning security/technology? Almost all of it genuinely interests me but I don't know where to begin. Hoping to get the CompTIA security+ cert soon.

>I don't know where to begin
Try the /sec/ FAQ.

Is there "--hex-string" equivalent in nftables?
I'm moving from iptables to nftables but I can't translate "--hex-string" to nftables. For example, using iptables-nft,
iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 53 -m string --hex-string '|08|4channel|03|org|00|' --algo bm --from 40 --to 53 -j ACCEPT
just becomes
meta l4proto udp counter packets 0 bytes 0 accept
This one thing is blocking me from ditching iptables.

=== /sec/ News:
On a lighter note, please frame the following:
gocomics.com/9chickweedlane/2019/01/06

Did you check the FAQ for some of the alternatives to visual AR overlay? The tongue interface is said to work a lot better than one would expect.

I didn't but I will. An idea I've had that I haven't seen anywhere else is think about when you steeple your fingers together, there are five points of contact. but since any finger can touch any other, there are potentially dozens of points of contacts and you can move the fingers around very quickly. Imagine using this for text input. Would take a couple of weeks to get good and fast but just by steepling your fingers together, you could probably pump out 100 wpm. Could use either computer vision to see which fingers are touching or some kind of inductive thing on your hands. You see what I'm saying?
I should patent this shit. Oh well, too late now

Oh wait, I get it now. The tongue thing is a way to get the overlay data and since your tongue is highly sensitive, the bandwidth is decent. Interesting. I imagined some kind of t-shirt that could do the same thing. On a naive level, it could overlay a 2d image of the world on your stomach and chest via little stimulators that would represent pixels. Maybe blind people could use it. Would work as an overlay too. LIke full body braille.

Is this what you had in mind?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chorded_keyboard

This might be relevant prior art. You cannot patent an idea, strictly speaking, only the reduction to practice. Therefore you still have an opportunity to patent this. There is in the US also a 12 months grace period.

Yeah something like that except basically hands free without the unit itself. Just pressing your fingers together on both hands. I actually have a bit of cash from getting bitcoin lucky so I think I'll call an attorney in the next day or two. Thanks for the motivation!

Which country are you in, and how do you plan to find a good patent attorney?

>Just pressing your fingers together on both hands
Sounds good and interesting. The important thing is that you have not told me HOW you plan to detect that, and that is a good thing. Keep that secret since that could very well be the key to novelty and non-obviousness.

I'm in 'Murrica and I have a couple of friends who are attorneys, they'll probably be able to point me in the right direction. Thing is, I don't really care about making any money, it just seems like with the right implementation it (and a few other ideas I've been stewing on) might be cool and it disgusts me when cool cyb type stuff is locked up behind walls of megacorp IP bullshit. I'll post how it goes in this thread or the next one.

I have read about such a system and I think they used a braille like system on the back, not the chest. My guess is that the back is a larger uninterrupted surface that is less distorted when you breathe.

I got a Seek Thermal infrared camera, would like to overlay the thermal image some way. The image is low resolution and noisy even after a lot of averaging so a low resolution body interface would be fine.

>Take Bladerunner for example. Stereotypical cyberpunk kind of thing. The world looks NOTHING like it right now, and the date in that film was what, 2015?? The closest you can find something like this aesthetic is in some asian alleyways.
It was 2019, articles are coming out about it. Try this:
theregister.co.uk/2019/01/01/blade_runner_today/

As for Asian alleyways, have you been to Asia much?

=== /sec/ News:
>NSA to open-source GHIDRA software reverse-engineering tool in March
siliconangle.com/2019/01/06/nsa-open-source-ghidra-reverse-engineering-tool-march/
>The tool has never officially been a secret, but the NSA did keep rather quiet about its existence until March 2017 when WikiLeaks published allegedly stolen files that revealed the agency was using the tool. Those documents show that GHIDRA was first built by the NSA in the early 2000s, and that it has been shared with several other government agencies.

>With GHIDRA, it’s also possible to analyze the binaries of all major operating systems, including mobile platforms such as Android and iOS. Thanks to its modular architecture, users can use the tool to add new features to these platforms via new packages.

NSA really loves us ()!

Cool, now all they have to do is release the rest of their kits and I'd be happy.

Attached: image0.jpg (1333x697, 139K)

More goodies here:
code.nsa.gov/
Of course, many will wonder how many clever backdoors are embedded in this.

this is the best /cybsec/ meme we have unironically. I want to make sure one is in every thread but I've never ran across a thread that didn't have it.

I'm doubting between sec and development. I might go for both anyway, my question is: is it feasable to work at distance while being in infosec?

Depends. Some employers are a bit apprehensive about the potential for employees exfiltrating company secrets.

I recently took a fatalistic view on cybsec. Why bother with privacy if they can just peek in through my hardware, my OS, my browser, or my internet provider? Let's say I remove a bunch of telemetry from windows and use as much open source software as I can. What's the point? If you have an internet connection, you're being spied on and there's no way around it.

It is all about risk management. Protecting your files from curious family is (or should be!) easy. Protecting from automated persistent threats takes more effort. Dedicated effort from alphabet agencies will always get through.

If someone gets the files there is still the issue of making sense of them. US intelligence agencies failed to act on open posts made by the Boston bombers until it was way too late.

Same issue with satellite photographs. There is just too much coming in and too few experts to make sense of it and turn raw data into knowledge that can be acted upon.

Therefore privacy still has relevance.

Attached: BladeRunnerPoster.jpg (2855x4250, 2.75M)

>US intelligence agencies failed to act on open posts made by the Boston bombers until it was way too late.
What if I tell you all intelligence agencies foster terrorism to inflate their budget? Check the case of Trevor Aaronson, I won't say anything else.

>What if I tell you all intelligence agencies foster terrorism to inflate their budget?
It doesn't pass Occam's Razor.

Just look at any civilian agency today, NASA is a prime example. Once these were at the cutting edge, now they are just a career opportunity with a disconnect between the operatives and executives even greater than between Trump and the elite.

Pulling off such a conspiracy and not getting caught is simply unlikely. When career is the only guide star and ethics went out of the window decades ago such a conspiracy would have been leaked years ago, in the attempt of replacing present leaders with themselves.

>It doesn't pass Occam's Razor.
It does when there is evidence.

=== /cyb/ News:
Dystopia, just like the future, is here, it is just not evenly distributed.
>YOUR FACE IS GOING PLACES YOU MAY NOT LIKE
hackaday.com/2019/01/02/your-face-is-going-places-you-may-not-like/
>Governments, which have access to drivers license photos, booking photos, and other large collections of images, can put together immense sets of metrics and refine their algorithms using subsets as training data. Companies like Facebook also have huge datasets at their fingertips, matching photos with the person in the photo, then tying your friend list to the facial recognition to get a high likelihood of accurate identification of other faces in the photos.

>In this way, Facebook may even have a leg up on governments; they have metadata about network links that increase the chances of positive identification. They also have more accurate/recent data. But possibly most important, their training datasets include not just mugshots taken from the same angles and the same lighting conditions, but real situations with varying light levels, moods, angles, obstructions, etc, so that they can train their datasets with much richer data. While law enforcement may have access to lots of mugshots, matching them up to video camera feeds to extract faces is a lot more difficult than CSI:Miami would have you believe.

So it does not help to be careful if your colleagues plaster pictures that include you on their FW wall.

Night is here and this has been kind of a slow thread. Let's keep it going until Daybreak.

Attached: Daybreak_by_Parrish_(1922).jpg (3463x1999, 1.35M)

wow this is edgy

jpb's declaration of independence is less edgy than this

>the world of javascript devs and nintendo switch owners
what is this autism

Trying to get better at reverse engineering and binary exploitation.

Some of my coworkers can literally find exploits in IDA in seconds; they read disassembly like I read English.

Anyone else good at this skill and if so how did you do it? I'm trying to start with crackmes and the like. What are the best youtube channels for this? I have just been following along with LiveOverflow.

Should I take a sec job at the DOE?

Can any government workers comment?

Attached: 57403554.jpg (798x600, 259K)

I don't know about the DOE specifically, but the reputation for working at intel agencies is the pay is lower and the working conditions are more strict, but you get a great training budget. If you're early in your career, I'd go for it.

What is /cyb/ using to d/l Mega links on Linux? Chromium, or the Mega Destop Client? Mega is complaining when I try to use FF to grab the /cyb/ Mega link.

Attached: 57465463~01.png (125x184, 25K)

What is this a pinball machine for ants?

github.com/megous/megatools

It is a cybernetic implant to be implanted in the citizenry designed to coerce conformity and obedience. A non-compliant citizen attempting to subvert the corporate government can be neutralized. The sphere contains a deadly neurotoxin that can be remotely ruptured and cause paralysis, and eventual death. These will be compulsory in the near future, and will be injected into all citizens globally under the guise of being a vaccine.

- Citizen Kiuwu

Attached: 57401772.jpg (1920x1080, 615K)

thx, chum

unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/2017/01/top-signs-were-living-in-cyberpunk.html

Attached: gmoth-864x467.png (864x467, 265K)

MEMS - Micro ElecroMechanical Systems.

Does anyone here have any experience commanding a swarm?
I'm trying to build my first master server and I would like to know some of the caveats and things I need to look out for..
My plan was to use one of the stronger drones for the master, create a sort of dashboard and route HTTP (on non standard port) through known "good" drones so as to not connect directly to the master.

>so as to not connect directly to the master
Why is this an issue? The ground transmitter can afford to be heavier than an airborne unit, and airborne relays will be extra heavy since it has to carry a relay transmitter and the battery to power it.

William Gibson hated that cringe shit

>route HTTP (on non standard port) through known "good" drones
wouldn't http be too slow and bloated for this ?
what about a udp broadcast packet ? Assuming you're still using wifi and not xbee/zigbee, you should be able to sync faster.

The Collectivecomputers FTP is rather clean. And it has been going for over a year with a few interruptions.

do you have a single fact to back that up?