Whats a good 8 in tablet? is pic related even worth it?

whats a good 8 in tablet? is pic related even worth it?

Attached: file.png (1200x628, 462K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xiaomifirmware.com/downloads/download-google-installer-3-0-xiaomi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mi Pad 4

Not a single Amazon Android device is worth it.
Stay away from them, honestly.

Lenovo TAB 3 8 Plus is great imo. it'spretty much the Nexus 7 successor i was waiting for.
Great screen and overall hardware and build quality for the price, the only problem is that it comes with Android 6 but you can install Lineage OS.

Attached: b09ebd0c-8247-4f76-b500-182c80e243bd.jpg (600x600, 45K)

Android tablets are history and you might as well accept it. ChromeOS is the future for non-smartphone Android. It's not exactly 8 inches but I bought a HP Chromebook X2 detachable that I'm very happy with. Runs Linux programs, Android apps, and desktop Chromium. Attach it to the keyboard and it's a very fast competent laptop (the keyboard and trackpad are fantastic), detach it and it's a pretty good tablet. Over 10 hours of battery on a core derived processor (not that Atom based Celeron N series shit), screen is fantastic 2400x1600 resolution. Even came with a free active stylus. And the whole thing was only $499. Best half a grand I ever spent on a piece of tech.

Attached: hpx2.jpg (775x500, 92K)

It features a 8” 1920 x 1200 IPS LCD display, which offers a pixel density of ~283 PPI. Under the hood we find a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 SoC, which utilises a 2 GHz octa-core CPU, an Adreno 506 GPU and 3 GB of system RAM. The 16 GB of internal storage can be expanded upon, thanks to the dedicated microSD card slot. The primary camera is capable of capturing images at 8 MP, the secondary at 5 MP. The whole 326g package is powered by a non-removable 4250mAh

>16GB
oof
>4250mAh battery
yikes
>android 6
OH NONONO

As compared to?

See the first reply in this thread.

Another pic. This is the future of Android.

Attached: IMG_20181125_160948.jpg (3036x4048, 3.82M)

can you put ubuntu on it and take chrome os off?

Nice sheets hamfist

This

>Ubuntu
Um, I know you can put Gallium OS on it if you put the thing in dev mode. I imagine Ubuntu would work too. It's basically an x86 ChromeOS machine that happens to be detachable so there shouldn't be any hidden surprises.
Hamfist? What's wrong with my hand, bruh?

Lemme add this though. The thing already runs Linux apps and they integrate with the task bar, etc. you can see an icon for Anki and Leafpad in my pic. It's running Debian in some kind of container and I have noticed no performance issues. Even GIMP and LibreOffice open right up and perform well. You can install any Debian package with apt or download a deb file from wherever and dpkg -i muh_app.deb

is it easy to install the play store tho?

Gotta love Jow Forums
>smartphones thread
>DON'T BUY CHINK SHIT IT'S GARBAGE
>b-but BUY THIS CHINK TABLET

Fpbp

Yes
xiaomifirmware.com/downloads/download-google-installer-3-0-xiaomi/

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-06-21-38-39-402_com.android.vending.png (1200x1920, 489K)

a.k.a chinese spying device

As opposed to NSA spying device?

What are you talking about? Xiaomi's phones are always among the top recommended cheap phones in those threads.

Better than the US government spying on me ngl

Attached: 1430151763750.jpg (600x600, 124K)

No you want chrome OS on it, stop being an autistic nerd and use google software.

I really like my Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus. I even rooted it and switched the keycodes for caps and escape.
Through ssh and termux I can do some serious non-graphical development on the go.

Attached: 20181227_091535~3.jpg (2933x2829, 1.18M)

Is there linage support for the regular tab 3 8?

thanks, I might get one for anki and documentation. Its very cool you can container Debian within chrome os. Galium looks great as well. Chromebooks seem to have gone a far way since I last recall them.

Sorry man I don't feel comfortable with them

>china spies on you
>they can't do shit

>NSA spies on you
>go to prison
Hard choice

OK but what if I want a 4:3 tablet?

3:2 is better

Huawei media pad m5 8.4

>not 4:5

It is but they're all too big! I'm lookin for something around 8 inches

Maximum effort, 500 rupees

This is me here as well though. I actually have it and, what can I say, I think it's great. Haven't touched my Nexus 9 or my iPad 2017 in months. At this point I'd say Google really has abandoned Android on tablets and the HP x2 is the only game in town other than the Google Slate and the x2 is about half the price for the same internals.

Android tablets suck, you have like three choices:
-ChromeOs and obliterate your privacy
-Ipad pro
-MS surface pro