Google Photos

Turns out I've had my pixel sync all my photos for the last month despite turning that shit off from the get go. Now I have every face grouped and every place I've went to identified. Fuck this shit, back to iphone for me.

Attached: 1536241681764.jpg (1000x600, 36K)

Or you could just uninstall Google photos.

>uninstall the app and all your data will be wiped off nsa's database

>using google
Enjoy your botnet.

I had the same issue some months ago.
I deleted my Google account in the meanwhile and switched to Protonmail.

I uninstalled nearly every gapp from my smartphone.
There are about 3-4 gapps, which can't be uninstalled without root, but you can revoke every permissions (network, storage, etc.).

What are some good open-source alternatives?
>Google Photos
Simple Gallery

>Notes
Simple Notes & OMNI Notes

>Youtube
NewPipe

>Music Player
Music Player Go

>Play Store
FDroid - otherwise Aptoide

>Chrome
Firefox

>GMail
ProtonMail

I am still looking for an alternative to Google Maps (Currently I use the web version of Google Maps) and a libre ebook reader.

So, why even use Google photos in the first place?

>FDroid - otherwise Aptoide
Is Aptoide safe? It is open source, so there's that at least.

Why in the fuck did you use google photos on the first place? Are all iPhone users that stupid?

It's open-source, but the apps on it aren't.
It's an alternative to Playstore.

I only use it, if there isn't an open-source app available on F-Droid (eg. Duolingo & ReadEra as ebook reader. It doesn't need any network data, but I disabled network access anyway )

Thanks, I already use aptoide. I'll look into the rest.
It's the default gallery for pixel phones.
It's the default you nignog. All photos taken will appear in google photos regardless if theres a third party app or not.

>It's the default gallery for pixel phones
Doesn't mean you can't install other gallery apps though.

Some people just have too much free time in their lives.

>It's the default you nignog. All photos taken will appear in google photos regardless if theres a third party app or not.
The main issue here is I explicitly turned off google photos' sync from the very beginning. For some bullshit reason it turned itself on.

you cant green text, and you can disable the app you fucking braindead retard

Your post is literally a waste of time

Something about using a Pixel but screaming because the Google phone uses Google Photos to store the photos it takes, seems strange.

It's like, what did you *expect* to happen

>Another paranoia thread
Look, Google already knows you jerk off to little girls. You're not fooling anyone.

Attached: 1546647346037.jpg (551x771, 45K)

I simply quoted an answer I already gave you fucking illiterate. And yeah maybe disabling the app would help but it's too late now.

nice projection
I bought Pixel for the camera. Supposedly, turning off Photo's backup/sync turns it into a normal gallery without the botnet. The issue here, as I've already said, is the auto backup reenabled itself.

So many paranoid faggots in this place...

>I am still looking for an alternative to Google Maps
Google maps is the google service I use the most. Even more than the search engine itself.
I maily use it because it gives commute routes in virtually every city.
If you're using it as a car GPS, then "osmand+" from Fdroid is superior.
It is superior even to google + in the sense its offline version is superior to google's offline maps and you get to have more precise layers.
The only thing I'm disappointed with is that you can't just display the GPS with map and speed info without setting an itinerary. I'd like to have the GPS chill, just telling me my speed, what's ahead and the current speed limitations.

you switched to iphone months ago and you know it

Attached: 1512881378859.jpg (732x797, 263K)