What is your favourite browser

Which one is your favourite and why

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-06 07-27-44.png (757x545, 319K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iceweasel - because trademarks are anti-freedom

Chrome. Just werks and eveyone uses it so there's no reason to use obscure hipster shit.

Firefox because it's least botnet

Firefox because it has a better engine, UI and privacy options than any other browser. Everything else is a chrome with a different name. The only thing missing from Firefox is a native Tor and IPFS support.

Safari, but I'm forced to use Chrome for Webm, inline translation, and janky bank software.

Brave. Because no ads and it's running on the technology of the future.

Pale Moon. It werks.

Firefox because it supports all the privacy extensions i use like SmartHTTPS, uBlock Origin, Privacy Possum and CanvasBlocker to block any type of tracking and fingerprinting. Also chrome doesnt allow pausing/blocking history at all which should've been implemented for a long time

>technology of the future
Redpilled af

Vivaldi, it's a privacy-focused Chromium like Brave but it doesn't have a garbage adblock built-in.

It also has a lot of UI customization, such as vertical tabs.

Enjoy Google mining your data and sending it to the botnet. You are the product.

There are dozens of alternative browsers that won't fuck you as hard.

I use Brave on my phone, mainly for the ad blocker. IIRC Firefox doesn't have a native adblocker on its app, so I'm stuck seeing bloated garbage when I'm reading shit.

Firefox, you can change about:config and some files to disable all the Mozilla bullshit. The UI is really good and Firefox can automatically delete history, cookies etc.

You can install uBlock Origin on mobile Firefox though.

Firefox, but the Windows snapping bug makes it borderline unusable. So I am on Chromium now

Braves built in adblocker is complete garbage

firefox52 + blank your monitor addon.
if other browsers had this plugin i'd might switch

ya, but none of them are as fast

Autism

Good

Slow

For a while there, a couple years ago, Chrome wouldn't play back certain files on /gif/
I dl'ed Firefox, then opened the exact same page I was trying to wank to, and the webm/GIF/whatever-it-was played fine.
I got pissed and switched to FF because I didn't want to keep two browsers updated with the same bookmarks. I doubt Chrome still has that old playback issue, but I'm fully invested with FF sync now. I can't believe Jow Forums influenced me that heavily, I hadn't really put these thoughts out there until now, but, here we are.

I went from Chrome to Brave.
Brave was okay but last update fucked webms for me so i'm in search of a new one. preferably not chrome or FF.

>preferably not chrome or FF
Why nigger they just werk

this

firefox because I'm used to it

Attached: coffee smug.png (237x330, 43K)

Chrome.
Used to be on Firefox but I got fed up of them adding more and more pointless shit every fucking update.

Attached: 1525453012902.jpg (1000x898, 149K)

>be Mozilla
>only reason Firefox stays above 5% marketshare is because your users are autistic privacy tinfoil hats and customization niggers
>switch to a new engine and kill of all addons
>addon store is just a copy of chrome now
>buy some wannabe news shit or something called pocket
>put it in every browser by default
>start to put in unsolicited ads in your newtab page
>I....it..its a feature!! aaah I mean bug xD
>never fix any actual bugs but just increase your version number to look cool
>write diversity blogs 24/7
What a epic tale

Pocket is great but I can use it just as well without Firefox.

Pocket looks fucking pointless, it's basically just synced bookmarks.

Kobo ereaders have Pocket built in, so whenever I see something longer-form I want to read I send to pocket and it ends up on my reader nicely formatted. They also go text-to-speech with their iOS app (basically roll-your-own podcast). It's all very comfy, but doesn't depend on Firefox at all.

FF Sync is synced bookmarks. So WTF does Pocket even do? Saved bookmarks that you haven't bookmarked?

uBlock Origin is the most superior ad blocker and it's on Firefox.

A little off topic, but do any of you guys know a good extension or software to explore browsing history? Something in depth obviously, need to comfortably look through close to a year of browser history.

>2019
>still can't swipe right or left to switch tabs on Firefox mobile
lol

The only reason I use it is for full extension support.
Apart from that though it's worse than Chrome in every other way, especially scrolling.

This is retarded, but Vivaldi make a big deal of their history page.
Can't say I've used it much though.

I seriously do not understand the question. You can browse your history natively, with search, in almost all browsers. What kind of data are you looking for that the built-in history feature does not provide?

For instance, when you're looking in Firefox history anything older than 6 months everything is clumped together. That is going to be a little annoying to go through. Some kind of extension or software to make that process easier would be nice.

Interesting. I didn't know that about the "clumping." I guess I've never tried to find something super old.

But also if there is a way to see thumbnails of pages in the history that may be useful too.

Pale moon

Badass angry devs, XUL based browser, fast and light with an advanced engine (Goanna) project is gradually moving away from mozilla's codebase and becoming not just a firefox fork but a completely different browser.

Attached: i8908.jpg (384x428, 31K)

What is better: iridium or ungoogled chromium?

That's inconvenient if you have more than 3 tabs. Besides, you have tabs on top and the compact tab view which is far superior to chrome/brave tab view. The only better browser is Lightning.

Firefox

>swipe down to see all tabs
Meanwhile on firefox you have to literally it a small button. Their mobile version is so fucking awful

Ungoogled Chromium. Fast and secure

There's an extension called "Smart Gestures" which sort of enables gesture based tab switching.

>swiping
yikes

>roject is gradually moving away from mozilla's codebase and becoming not just a firefox fork but a completely different browser.
As much as I dislike Mozilla, this is not a good thing.

All tabs are at the top just like the desktop version unless you've upscaled your display.

Any options besides GNU IceCat or Ungulaged Chromium are simply incorrect
spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html

Attached: 2018-12-27-21-20-56.png (1624x1080, 492K)

>maybe people will give a shit about my awful neocities site if I shill it for the million and first time

tor

Mozilla, because it has nice icon.

>taking 15 seconds to switch between tabs
Super YIKES

What are you even talking about

Icecat because it's not a botnet and respects your freedoms.

Iridium because everything works on it and its not malware like firefox.

Ungoogled chromium is leagues faster than firefox. I got tired of Mozilla's faggotry and bit the bullet.

Firefox quantum on my desktop PC, botnet shit disabled

Chrome when I am doing webdev shit, because its the most widely used browser and the dev tools are nice

Surf on my old thinkpad because it uses less ram, just werks because WebKit2/GTK+ engine, and you have tiling wm compatibility

Brave on my mobile because it feels faster than firefox focus and both block ads

Why choose one?

Reminder to cucks using Firefox.

Attached: womyn_and_shitskins_cant_into_merit.png (1352x1448, 182K)

Chrome infinity looped ads on crunchy roll Firefox worked

Firefox and GNU IceCat

>offended by diversity

found the inbred peasant, fuck off back to Jow Forums you retarded piece of shit

>hurr durr if I see something linked to often, it's a shill!
Not my site, but how will I prove that to you degenerates who fear someone being passionate about someone else's work.
Tell me why it's awful, I dare you.

Reminds of the new Linux's CoC.

>DAE DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH
meanwhile firecucks marketshare drops below 5%
Work on your fucking browser and stop making blogposts nobody reads

Firefox because customizability.

Nightly becuase it works and i like the icon

Attached: Unshaken.jpg (1440x1080, 91K)

Firefox because it defends diversity.

Chrome because of the privacy policy.

Internet Explorer. No reasons needed.

Why the fuck this is even a thing? Just let people work instead of wasting time on talking about 'muh' diversity. Nobody is being discriminated if they are just good at their work ffs, if a programmer is a shitty one that's probably a reason why he/she/whatever the fuck/ will be fired/frowned upon...

Brave because its run by a trustworthy white man

I use Chrome and Firefox for different purposes. If I could only use one it would be chrome because of the universal functionality.

These people have discovered they can get whatever they want by claiming victimhood and shouting "racist!"

Its literally the same thing as Instapaper. I don't get how people are so retarded that they don't know this.

As another user mentioned, Pocket integrates with Kobo, and nicely formats articles into readable formats for you to read at a later time. As a Kobo user, I find it very handy. That being said, I think Mozilla should've rebranded it as "Mozilla Reader" or something to keep autists from spazzing out about it.

Back to the oven, shlomo

ungoogled chromium
firefox for netflix because widevine doesnt work on ungoogled chromium

IceCat because it's Firefox but better

Firefox
Just werks
Chrome is for faggots and all other browsers are shit except icecat

internet explorer 11 because everyone loves to hate on it and its literally faster than any other browser for windows on the market.

>taking 15 seconds to switch between tabs
>Super YIKES
Are you retarded? Swiping to tabs is significantly slower than clicking. If a tab you want to switch to is more than 5 tabs away it will take you 5x longer to access it through swiping.
>What are you even talking about
Pic related

Attached: r u blind.png (1080x1920, 22K)

I’ve been using chromium, but I feel like it uses a lot of ram. Is this the same for other browsers?

>pocket is the same as instapaper
That probably makes a lot of sense if you know what instapaper is, I don't.
>pocket integrates with kobo
Again, the web is big. Kobo? I'm looking it up.

So pocket is a bookmark/link-aggregator/archive-thing that integrates with a company that sell eBooks and has a app? Pocket is trying to sell eBooks? Do you have to pay to read the stuff you save?
I don't know if I'd want to share my data with that many different companies.

Opera. Because Microsoft Edge is too slow for me.

Vivaldi is slow but it has basic quality of life shit that is unacceptable to leave out of the box in 2019. Like tab tiling.

It's the modern day equivalent of not having a browser that has tabs. Unfortunately normies don't care about quality anymore, so they won't bother.

safari

TreeStyleTabs > 'Tab Tiling'

So I have to install a third party extension hack-job instead of having a native feature in a web browser?

Waterfox

Brave on mobile is the only way to go.

Attached: SSDlE.jpg (480x360, 28K)

itt: everything is a fucking botnet

Centbrowser.

Firefox because am faggot

>Waterfox
Linux or win10?

Attached: fren pepe.png (689x473, 97K)

qutebrowser because it's fast and uses less memory than both Firefox and Chromium.

Safari is an abomination. It's one of the biggest reasons why js libraries are bloated af because apple cannot into standards
Its the Internet explorer of browsers

ff but I don't recommend it

Chromium Edge

Why can't you just use Chrome. Are you autistic or something?