>2019
>chromium still doesn't have vertical tabs

Attached: 1226183866532.jpg (448x336, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apps.codigobit.info/2015/10/winxcorners-hot-corners-for-windows-10.html
techerator.com/2010/07/how-to-enable-vertical-tabs-in-google-chrome/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why do you prefer vertical?

Not that guy, but on modern displays there's a ton of horizontal space, but comparatively little vertical space. Websites are also usually much "longer" than wide. Having vertical tabs makes perfect sense, even if it would take me a lot of re-adjusting.

that's a good answer and will make me reconsider my format of choice. Thank you.

good goy

install Vivaldi

*sips*ahhh MegasXLR now THAT was a cartoon

What I got used to is sticking the task bar to the left side of my screen, autohidingit, and installing WinXCorners to give Windows hot corners. Bottom right = show all open programs, bottom left = show desktop. Saves a lot of vertical space. Only downside is that the Windows task bar is hyper sensitive and will open with the slightest touch.

WinXCorners: apps.codigobit.info/2015/10/winxcorners-hot-corners-for-windows-10.html

Unironically

cool program! KDE has this baked in if you bug out to Linux

This is why I use it when using Windows. I basically recreate Unity because I think it had the perfect layout.

very respectable, have you tried any alternative tiling window managers for windows? I just recently heard windows has virtual workspace support.

>chrome still doesn't has scroll-able tabs
Good news I saw an article that were implementing it

It's been 8 fucking years of me complaining about this.

This but unironically

if it's the 'moving window' solution i saw recently, don't get your hopes up, it's better than nothing, but it's not as good as what firefox has always done

I use vertical tabs on my laptop for workspace reasons. I usually just keep tabs hidden altogether because I rarely work with more than 2-3 of them, so navigating using the keyboard is possible (and practical). Vertical tabs are also useful if you have one gazillion tabs open at a time, so if you're into that they may come in handy.

Having tabs horizontally on a small laptop screen just feels as if I have some toolbar that's taking half of my screen installed (in addition to my OS's toolbar). This can be solved if you work in fullscreen mode exclusively, but that doesn't really solve the problem.

In the end, it's really up to you. Think of what YOU need for your situation. Using one doesn't mean you can't use the other either; I still sort tabs horizontally on my desktop.

oh no

oh no no no no

Attached: P.E.jpg (400x602, 30K)

Vivaldi does

Vivaldi does

I don't know the actual reason for this but I heard that the way chrome's ui has been hardcoded, anything like that is pretty much out of the question. That's why there's no tree style tabs for chrome. The closest you can get is something like this that uses a whole separate window.

Attached: 1.png (1280x800, 358K)

>WinXCorners
>last time updated: august 2016
>still works while fullscreen apps and games
yikes

Most sites don't take full advantage of the horizontal space available on widescreen monitors so you can easily afford to give up some of it for other things, and no matter how many tabs you have you'll still be able to see their full titles in vertical mode instead of having to pick out which tiny notch on the tab bar is the one you wanted; if you're using an extension like Tree Style Tabs for Firefox then you can also group your tabs into a tree-style hierarchy to keep related tabs together and collapse portions of the tree to temporarily hide the tabs you don't need right away

I know on Chrome at least there's the Tabman extension that shows all your tabs in a drop-down menu, do Chrome extensions also work on Chromium?

fun fact: chromium did support vertical tabs at one point

techerator.com/2010/07/how-to-enable-vertical-tabs-in-google-chrome/

It has since been removed though.

>16:9 screen
>browser in fullscreen
>vertical tabs take up 25% of screen
>4:3 browsing window
name a better set up.

Tree style tabs is one of the only extensions that I use that got fucked with Firefox's new extension format. I'm stuck using waterfox for the time being.