Post your controversial yet correct tech opinion

Post your controversial yet correct tech opinion

Attached: 1524534368981.jpg (1024x967, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KrksBdWcZgQ
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5664350
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Windows is objectively a more useful desktop operating system than Linux

linux is a kernel you moron

Linux is just a kernel.

PHP is a perfectly good general purpose programming language.

Linux is shit and you should stop trying so hard.

Triggered. Don't act like you don't know what he means

x86 is garbage and should be abandoned.

Not disagreeing, but which architecture do you think should replace it?

Android?

I agree. I am however very aware of the privacy issues of Windows and the stupid saas/cloud agenda Microsoft is currently pushing with their products. It's just a sad state the OS market is in.

man of large base
we can end the thread right here

kill yourself, r*dditor

Attached: 1543627020635.jpg (880x488, 127K)

RISC-V for consumers, Power for enterprise.

OS directly impemented on an fpga
fight me

ATT is better than Intel syntax

Javascript is for brain dead manlets that believe they're programmers.

Front end programming in general is for pseudo-intellectual retards that cannot understand remotely complex topics.

If you cannot write assembly for at least one chip (no matter what year) you are beneath me.

Programmers who don't use Linux are literal faggots that need to die. It's an oxymoron to use Windows to write software.

You can't make Ruby or Python as fast as JavaScript on the average that matters.

Not a desktop OS

Clockless CPUs that convert source code directly into microops. Lisp machines 2.0 basically.

Define desktop.

People like you probably have no idea what they are talking about and base their opinion on some articles about how RISC-V or ARM is the future, they probably don't even work with architecture and don't know anything about it

Attached: npc.png (636x773, 8K)

Apple was a mistake.

You know exactly what I mean

Fpgas are too slow.

Intel is still better than Ryzen, until maybe Zen 2.

t. Intel kike shill
The meme is a bit old, by the way.

No I don't. You could mean a number of things by this.

>asics
you really want 3 letter agencies to put stuff in your silicon

youtube.com/watch?v=KrksBdWcZgQ

I'm not saying that x86 is best and RISC is a meme (x86 is basically CISC emulator on RISC architecture), rather, I'm saying that this is not an opinion that those people came on their own, they just adopted someone's opinion and present it as their own, while they don't even understand the subject all that much.

Wired peripherals should be a thing of the past, apple was right by removing the headphone jack.

>a fucking 3.5mm jack
>a weird peripheral

Everyone has different needs and preferences.
What I use it not necessarily what you should use.

Congratz, you took the bait.

Trannies should get back to writing code and stop bitching because the rest of us won't treat their mental illness like a real physical disability.

You sound like a teenager who thinks he has the world figured out. Please stop posting if you have nothing to contribute, all you are doing is lowering the quality of the board with your sophistry.

What do you think a kernel is?
How ironic.

Programming would be a great job for women if they collaborate and telecommute most of the time, and if weren't lied to to force as many into the field as possible because of asshole lawyers making gender parity the only rock solid defense against a title IX lawsuit.

>weird
>
>being an analphabet

>he thinks Linux is an operating system
Go back.

Attached: 1545137081621.gif (700x704, 295K)

> implying that this board isn't already a shithole with 99% idiots like you who try to start controversial threads for no real reason

And you sound like an old man in wife-beater in front of TV who thinks that (((his))) opinion is only correct opinion and everybody else is wrong. kys

Every programmer should telecommute most of the time. Offices are a trap from the past.

fps games where never meant to be played with controles and anyone who thinks so is fuckin retarded

Just stop crying and fuck off. You have nothing of value to add, you're just another know-it-all who gets off on looking down on others when you actually have no expertise whatsoever. Reddit would suit you better.

Bluetooth headphones existed for a longer time than many people browsing here. The absolute fact that they still haven't taken over despite all the obstacles placed by the phone manufacturers to stop you from using wired headphones is all that you need to know to realize they are irredeemable garbage. The market has spoken.

lmao i didn't see the word correctly
fuck you

why Power for enterprise and not just RISC-V for all ? is there something your not telling us ?

info > man

i think the exact opposite

also:
using the traditional mouse+keyboard as an input method for every job is retarded

Power is well suited for servers. It isn't energy efficient enough for use in consumer tech.

> I KNOW EVERYTHING, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, MOM, TELL HIM, HE DOESN'T CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISCUSSION

Attached: autistic_pepe.jpg (600x484, 25K)

Nice misquote. You're a great memer.

DSD 5.6mhz (DSD 128) is audibly better than 16bit/44khz redbook

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5664350

Attached: 98761b1cb6fe9fc0c5fefe2a35460827.jpg (500x375, 62K)

All modern DACs use delta sigma converters, why the fuck are we still stuck with that PCM crap.

iOS is a good OS for normies, and I wish Android was smooth like it is. It's still shit tho

Jews. Recording Industry Jews to be exact.

Attached: 1546118888550.jpg (738x741, 79K)

Voice assistants ala Google Home and Alexa are slowly gonna creep into every product category. There is no stopping it and we need to find new ways to protect our privacy despite this.

An excuse for turbo-normies but not an excuse for netlabels at all.

Not that iOS is better, Android is a great example of how an open source operating system can be hostile to the user.

Freetards are far worse than redditors, normies, /v/ermin and all others in every regard. I wouldn't ever admit I browse this shithole of a board to anybody.

Attached: 1458947685577.jpg (367x500, 26K)

Well for starters there's no lossy dsd-like format, so that rules out streaming for most people. Also all DSP is tailored towards PCM data. And the sheer inertia of people of course.

>I wouldn't ever admit I browse this shithole of a board to anybody.
At least they keep subhumans like you from bringing in more of your kind here.

Artificial wombs will lead to great immorality.
No, I'm not talking about removing women - that's not immoral.
I'm talking about being free from limitations of the human form that confine us to the Earth. We'll reach the stars and make miserable clones there, just because we still haven't found a long term goal that isn't shit (removing women doesn't count as long term here).

Attached: 1539424197209.png (1000x1000, 472K)

college is a waste of time in this day and age (for the tech field, please read goddammit).

Attached: pluralsight.jpg (630x630, 22K)

Mini PCs are the future for desktops

Attached: luminescent african american gentlemen.png (480x466, 139K)

Best opinion ITT

If you are a gaymer and play at 60fps, even a 775 rig is enough as long you have a quad core processor, a decent GPU and 8gb of ram. Values for 2018 though, not sure how the unoptimized garbage people love buying will perform this year

haskell is quite practical, it just has a learning curve

Pajeets aren't actually that bad at programming.

Gentoo is the best OS

Operating system choice doesn't matter as long as it fits your use case and trying to convert other people is a waste of time

Attached: kona shrug.jpg (400x400, 97K)

>haskell is quite practical
What for?

Please, freetards don't accomplish anything except repulsing people. Probably because they are so fucked in the head.

And subpeople.
Repulsing subpeople is much more than you have achieved in your life.

A Hat in Time is the best looking game of the decade and it runs like absolute ass on literally any setup you can imagine.

Since FreeBSD adheres better to Unix I think I’m starting to like it more.

expand pls

Agree

A kernel is the operating system proper, since 1969, by it's own fucking name you mongoloid.
A kernel is the software system that operates the hardware. You're so fucking stupid.

100% agree with this. I even use Haskell to write simple scripts because it's just so fast to write and easy to read.

I would rather maintain a Haskell codebase than literally anything else. Every function is self contained and easily testable. Usually the functions are small and easy to comprehend. Very simple to extend or replace functions. It's amazing.

Unfortunately, it'll probably never become mainstream because management would rather have MORE low skill developers than a few good ones.

Ballmer did nothing wrong

That wouldn’t be considered a full OS anymore though. Now there also needs to be a shell layer and certain utilities at least.

ALRIGHT I'M TIRIGGERED

Attached: 1519813270605.jpg (600x673, 51K)

You should try OpenBSD. It's like this but even better. Totally agree with adherence to the Unix philosophy though. I used to be a big fan of Linux but it's just such a bloated piece of shit compared to BSD.

You can't just make up your own definitions that conflict with ancient standards and expect people to respect them.
You're nobody of authority and there's no point in conflating separate subsystems into 1. That helps nobody and only serves to make things confusing.
GNU is not an OS no matter how much Stallman wants it to be. It's a userland.
What sense is there in rolling these 2 terms into 1. Stop this buffoonery.

Fanless laptops are the way to go (unless you need a portable workstation).
I have a converted chromebook running galliumOS and it is peak comfy.

Sounds good, I’ll definitely try it

i rather have american spy hardware in my pc&phones then chinese ones.

Then you're clinically retarded

Shut up incel LMAO

Also, suckless (dwm, st, dmenu etc.) are very similar in philosophy

>Java will not die int the next 20 years.
No matter how often you parrot the 'java killer'.
Java has functionalities, business suits care about and a large pool of people who know how to use it.
Performance is something the general user does not care about, only specialty software needs it at this point.

>Python is the better js, but should only be used for basic scripting and not to build non-app-tier programs

>C++ is better than C in functionality, performance, adoption and readability
All C has now is being less complicated. this however is entirely irrelevant for a tool which is supposed to be used by professionals.

If your computer case glows or has a window on it, you are a consumer drone and you should throw yourself off a bridge.

That's a good example of how fucked in the head they are, thanks.

ASM, C, and Python are the only three programming languages that you will ever need. You can cover the complete gamut from low-level per-CPU up to high-level abstractions.

As a society, we are addicted to computers. We are wasting our time and destroying the planet with our frivolous spending and collective consumerism.

> Kernel = Operating system

Attached: Definition_of_system_in_English_by_Oxford_Dictionaries.png (761x910, 73K)

Chris Domas rocks. His YT vids are definitely worth watching.

He also looks like the Judas character from The Matrix movie.