IPS are getting 4ms response times

>IPS are getting 4ms response times
>VA has 1ms response times, superior viewing angles, colors and contrast
is TN even worth it anymore?

Attached: Color-Production.png (800x288, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nfNDLFQ3IO0
eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/c24g1
amazon.com/Acer-GN246HL-Bbid-24-Inch-Display-x/dp/B00KO4518I
playwares.com/dpreview/57028284
pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2716dg/#Contrast_and_brightness
bhphotovideo.com/explora/home-entertainment/tips-and-solutions/sitting-too-close-your-tv?-why-distance-matters
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>is TN even worth it anymore?
TN never was ever worth getting.

TNiggers should kill themselves

how about VA vs. IPS?

Attached: 15434278571222.jpg (1414x810, 357K)

>response times
Who cares?

depends on the panel. Typically VA will have better contrast, while IPS will have better viewing angles, but it really depends on the individual panels.

Found the Jow Forumstard. is there.

Attached: 1521619719656.png (500x375, 341K)

This chart needs to fucking die

t. TN

>4ms
>1ms
Are you talking about grey-to-grey response time or about some meme metric?

They're all utter trash, buy the cheapest tn and get on with it, don't waste money on pricy garbage.
wait for micro led

I read VA-s have superior contrast and no blacklight bleeding like IPS but they are useless in gaming because they get blurs in shadows.

So how is VA compared to IPS if I want to do casual gaming and multimedia /office work?

The 1ms is usally not even true, it's usually closer to 3-4, not like you will notice it anyway. You would have to play a game at above 250fps to even notice the ms whihc you won't anyway.
What's the point of 1ms delay when even a game at 144 fps has 9 ms per frame.

>I must be using a TN panel because I think that a shitty picture that is not representative of anything needs to stop being spread
Is it that hard for people to look past petty tribalism for one fucking second

I don't need good color reproduction in CS:GO, but I need my 240hz

butthurt

pls respond

The image is right in essence. If you compare similarly priced products within a normal range this is the actual color difference. Only when you move into the "2 months worth of rent for a monitor" budget range it's no longer true.

so what you'd reccommend to go for then? Just IPS?

If I was right, it would show backlight bleeding of the IPS.

t. activated dynamic contrast on his TN so it doesn't look like shit

Depends on the panel, VA can have a lot of variance in black crush between different models. Look up reviews, or see them in person.

Generally they're superior to IPS for content consumption due to the 3-5x times better static contrast.

VA
VA
VA

VAs can have backlight bleeding too, but its more often noticeable on low contrast IPS panels. Not sure what you mean by "get blurs in shadows." Sounds like a problem specific to a particular monitor.

VA is fine for gaming, usually a VA panel will have better contrast while IPS will have better viewing angles and color gamut, but not always.

You shouldn't base your decision on IPS vs VA, look at what is available in your price range and evaluate the actual product. It is possible for a high quality IPS to have better contrast than a bad VA panel, and for a high quality VA to have better colors.

I would avoid TN though.

Some of your high end curved gaming monitors are VA and in general the're not terrible for gaming but it's always better to just look up individual models for how they perform rather than just the panel type

The image fails to show anything like contrast or motion and then proceeds to show viewing angles which matter less in a desktop setting than in any other setting, the selectiveness of what is shown makes one look better than the others which isn't always the case

TN is the fastest period. IPS and VA cannot match it in practice.
LCD standards are all about tradeoffs. (Color accuracy, speed, viewing angles, backlight bleed)
Shitty LCD mointors are shitty no matter what standard it uses. The whole TN sucks meme came from fags would got cheapo and early TN units which are indeed terrible. You would hard-pressed to find any signficant difference between a quality TN unit, VA unit and IPS unit without intentionally looking for their known weaknesses.

>muh viewing angles
why does anyone care about this?

Which is pure meme-tier non-sense. Anything above 100FPS is pure placebo. You are completely at the mercy of server/client prediction, tickrate and netcode. It becomes a pseudo-RNG on who shoots first and lands a successful hit in an exchange.

The difference of a couple milliseconds in response times is not even remotely relevant.

>so bad at vidya that crowds of people aren't always watching your screen from an angle.

It's another episode of "TNs are better because 1ms label" even when the measured response time in any review is never below 2.5-4ms

youtube.com/watch?v=nfNDLFQ3IO0

Well I had to google it too. But VA panels are bad at dark to grey transition and it produces a black smear.

So black smear vs ips glow in the dark.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 112K)

Videophiles and perfectionists. Viewing angles are mostly an non-issue unless you are using your secondary/tertiary monitor for admining/monitoring.

Whats the point in IPS when even the most expensive IPS G-Sync 144hz ultrawide monitors have backlight bleed?

With fast-motion capture cameras, there is a difference.

In person, you'll be hard-pressed to find a noticeable difference in response time with fast panels.

in other words: poorfags who cannot afford ultrawide curved monitors

>curved monitors
the worst meme

not when it's ultrawide. Then it disregards the viewing angle problem. I mean if an ultrawide was not curved, this would probably be a problem

Ultrawide and curved monitors are pure meme-tier.

They are a gimmick trying to condense the viewing space of two monitors into a single-panel. The curved surface is more of an art piece then function. Their selling pitch comes entirely from more resolution =! better for people who don't know any better.

Multi-monitor fags absolutely loathe curve monitors.

yah having bezels inbetween is so much better!

Attached: 1504459867093.jpg (1032x774, 208K)

>implying window borders/screen-on-screen borders are any better

In reality VA looks better and the colors pop better because of the greater white-black contrast. So each color has more distinct brightness

My VA television is fucking excellent. Just waiting for a monitor that matches it in image quality, or wait for joled/microled

IPSfags BTFO

is this va monitor worth it? eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/c24g1
have been considering it along with the amazon.com/Acer-GN246HL-Bbid-24-Inch-Display-x/dp/B00KO4518I

Is this /ourmonitor/?

Attached: LG 32GK850G.jpg (1000x1000, 141K)

>joled/microled
They're not the same fucking thing you retard. Don't fall for their marketing. All OLEDs are the same because they use the same organic substrates for the lighting element, you're talking about a marginal difference at best between models.

>VA
>1440p
>144Hz, OC to 165
>great colors
>thin bezels
>decent mount

>kinda pricey tho

all OLED is basically LCD's with LED backlighting tho

They're Organic LED because of the material used for the lighting element is organic. There's no getting around the fact that it degrades quickly and there's nothing JOLED can do about it. There's research being done around the globe and even cutting edge labs can't figure out how to extend the lifespan enough to prevent burn-in, which is why TV makers are all looking towards uLED

This thing bezel meme is the wort thing that happened to the monitors over the time. Black bezels around the monitor make it easier on your eyes.

The other thing setting my autism off is the 27" or bigger screens FullHD monitors. Damn that sub 80 ppi sure looks great.

VA has 1ms mprt, its still smearfest.
IPS has glow
TN has shit view angles

TN is probably best cause IPS glow is fucking cancer
and VA LOL SMEAR BLACK CRUSH LOL PIXEL LAYOUT and SHIT view angles is even worse

samsung btfo

so what's your /ourmonitor/ that is not some overpriced minimalist garbage made in Japan?

>He thinks 4ms rates on IPS is new
Nigger I got my Acer IPS with 5ms GTG almost 10 years and STILL have it. And it's STILL sold in Best buy because it's a fucking champ. Paid like 180 for it back in the day like 2010 or 2011 I think. H236l bid or something like that I can't remember.

seems good: playwares.com/dpreview/57028284

>these retards actually belives in the x MS meme

dumb fucks its the very best they can do and its not even sure its without inversion or skipping and all that nice shit.

This chart needs to fucking die.

Because this isn't what LED's look like up close. It's just color squares in Photoshop to make sure visible reference for something most people don't care about

same thing happens on my phone's oled except smear is purple colored

Isn't OLED where each pixel is an LED and there is no LCD panel or backlight?

I mean each subpixel is an LED, so it has comparable contrast to plasma.

this

TN is garbage when it comes to colors and contrast, no matter how much you want to sugarcoat it or debate the accuracy of the picture

t. LG.IPS astroturfers

>TN is probably best cause IPS glow is fucking cancer
>and VA LOL SMEAR BLACK CRUSH LOL PIXEL LAYOUT and SHIT view angles is even worse
excuse me, is this /v/?

I cannot choose. I am stuck in a paralysis analysis when it comes to picking monitors. And there's virtually no electronic shop nearby where monitors are on display for me to try them
What I am looking for:
>1440p
>144Hz
>good color reproduction and accuarcy so that it's better than my 10 year old BenQ FP22Wa
>preferably G-Sync as I am an Nvidiafag
>no significant backlight bleeding
>no significant ghosting/smear

I cannot choose between LCD, LED, OLED and whatnot. Neither can I figure out about going for ISP, VA or TN
I also don't really know if

Attached: 1544546109894.jpg (793x786, 54K)

>is this /v/?
Jow Forums has been /v/&d for a while

TN shilling samefag

>Neither can I figure out about going for ISP, VA or TN
by that it the advantages and disadvantages are hard to pick. Like TN got good framerates and are generally cheaper, but are otherwise quite shit in actually displaying images
IPS has godly colors, but suffers from backlight bleeding and issues associated with longer response time
VA seems a jack of all trades, but has ghosting/smear issues

>>good color reproduction and accuarcy
>>no significant backlight bleeding
>>no significant ghosting/smear
impossible to have in a single technology we have, choose what's most important to you

some is acceptable, but if you know which one has the best balance, I would be happy to know. Because clearly some are better than others in this

color reproduction is most important BTW. I remember very well when I was at a LAN party years ago and I saw the monitors of my friends. It put the colors of my display to shame

How come I can see a difference on this picture with a TN panel.

I have a DELL S2716DG
Got it on sale for around $300
Out of the box there was some ghosting and the colors were off but after you fuck with the settings its fine
I like it a lot

I don't think you want color reproduction / accuracy but just vivid colors which a bright VA panel will deliver.

I actually did find some monitors which I kinda like but they are FreeSync only instead which is kinda a shame. Does adaptive sync matter that much?

>IPS glow in the dark CIA niggers
>ever

Left has TN washout effect X2 then.

>Does adaptive sync matter that much?
Yes.
It's 2019. Even if you used computers all your life without it, you absolutely need it now.

is this sarcasm

no it's irony

>look mom I posted it again

t. TN pro-gamer

TN has the same colors and contrast as IPS. What it has is gamma shift when viewing off angle, which desaturates and dims the colors, as well as slightly hue shifting them but that's the least of your concerns. IPS is basically TN without that issue.

VA has better viewing angles than TN, but worse than IPS, but has much better contrast ratio. It's the best compromise/balanced of the three imo, but the VA panels found in TVs are just straight up better in every way

>TN has the same contrast as IPS
There's no way you're serious

Only using overdrive, which ruins the image quality.

Cheap IPS panels are basically that. It only gets better when you buy a professional monitor

>color reproduction is most important
I'd say you want IPS. Question is how much do you spend looking at completely black background and what would you find more annoying glow or smear, personally I find glow more tolerable and it's not that bad if you prefer 0-10% brightness.

A good TN will hit around 1000:1 contrast. Most IPS also hover around there, some of the newer ones hit 1300:1 and LG's nanoIPS claims to hit 1300:1 consistently.

pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2716dg/#Contrast_and_brightness

Here's dell's meme 144hz gaming monitor. It's a TN and peak static contrast is 1100:1

IPS, OLED or bust

Attached: 1522574199401.jpg (543x960, 90K)

TV manufacturers chose VA or OLED. Most manufacturers only put IPS in their bargain bin models, only LG sells IPS TVs more expensive than like $400 and even then their flagship TVs are OLED.

Given, the VA found in TVs is head over heels better than the ones used in monitors

You have to look at TN dead on though to the get that, even 1 degree off fucks it up. TN only works on small screens.

If you're viewing from 3ft away like you're supposed to it should be fine.

bhphotovideo.com/explora/home-entertainment/tips-and-solutions/sitting-too-close-your-tv?-why-distance-matters

TN looks more like real life, my parents have a expensive 4K Sony OLED and the colours are so bright

when I go to my computer, TN panel its much more comfy and real looking

This is it guys. I'm leaving g.

do the slower response times of IPS matter when something like ULMB/lightboost is active?

The ms delay/ response literally won't matter unless it's some crazy shit like 40-50 ms.
In a 60fps game one frame is 16.6ms, in a 120 fps game one frame is 8.3 ms.
So even playing at 240 won't mean shit unless the ms response is above 5 fps.

ULMB flash catches whatever's on the screen at that moment. If image is mid-transition, tough luck. You'll get blur.

You've got no idea what you're talking about idiot. Transition is not hidden unless we're talking about ULMB. It's visible all the time and hence is the blur.

Gamers