DRM BAD

DRM BAD

FREEDOM TO PIRATE GOOD

Attached: 1539211685499.png (463x476, 43K)

>DRM
I see even in your shitposting you're seething about DRuMpf

kys libcucks

impeach drumpf and lock her up

FREEDOM BAD

MAKING MONEY BY JEWING GOOD

Attached: 1540173693936.jpg (1137x1022, 89K)

*hits bong* WOOOOAAAHHhhh duuUUUDEE *coughs* it's like, man, what if, hear me out, what if humans are basically like biological algorithms dude... woooooowww my mind cant literally even right now

Well, who's gonna stop me?

God will.

>FREEDOM TO PIRATE GOOD
Whether you agree with this or not, it is essentially true. The freedom to copy and share software is the cornerstone of a free and open internet.

>Freedom to pirate
DRM doesn't stop pirates
It encourages pirating because using the non-pirated version of the software becomes more of a hassle than the pirated version.

>If you pirate something you would have never bought, a company loses money
Really activates your almonds

lol idgaf
feel free to pay for what i get for free :^)

>actually paying developers for your software is "a hassle"
STFU, commie

>something you would have never bought
If a pirate really wants something and can't pirate it, no other choice but to open the wallet.

Infinite copyright really fucking bad.

Paying isn't the hassle, it's the anti-consumer practices that make using/reinstalling their software that is the hassle. If you're willing to give shitty developers money anyway then you're an actual cuck.

There are many, many, many people that can't afford things, so they pirate em.
DRM don't magically put money in the wallet of people or remove abusive taxes.

Have you never seen the complaints about Denuvo?
>no other choice
But to go without. Who is gonna pay shitty Hollywood movie #2739 or Battlefield Vagina, at least not before being convinced that it's worth the purchase.

You don't own your software.
>Please sign in online to be granted access to what you have already paid for.
>Servers are down Please log in to confirm ownership at a later time
>Dear customer that title is no longer available through this service We sincerely apologize for stealing from you

AAhhaahahahahahahaaaa...
OH WAIT, YOU'RE SERIOUS.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

>Put legally bought Bluray movie inside computer
>"Not so fast user! You need to buy a software to be able to watch your movie"

>Illegally download BDrip
>It just werks

cringe

I pirate -Everything- with no fucks given. You DRM cucks should just send your wife/gf/sister/mother over to me for hot dickings right now.

What software? Are you by any chance retarded?

ORANGE MAN GOOD

Attached: NPC.jpg (636x773, 32K)

ORANGEMAN::(F.CARE(AMERICA)==TRUE

Attached: 1507898839332.jpg (220x229, 10K)

I've heard a lot of whining, but never noticed any issues myself. Then again, I'm not sure if any of my vidya uses it in the first place. Guess that's just how insignificant it is.

>t. never had a Bluray drive in his computer

not as retarded as you are being right now, I hope you aren't doing it on purpose.

>2019
>Using a drive bay for physical media

Hahah I bet you still have a floppy drive too you fucking loser

> Buy Microsoft Office for Mac 2011
> Plan to use it until it doesn't run anymore on the newest macOS release
> Buy new Mac mini when announced in late 2018
> Try to install Office on new Mac
> Licensing server has been shut off
> Microsoft community forum suggests users buy the newest version
I don't pirate software, but it would help if software companies weren't filthy lying thieving scandalous cesspits of garbage.

Attached: 279BABAB-F99F-457F-927A-5D4BBC417A0F.png (808x615, 61K)

>Not having an optical drive
>Constantly sucking the digital Jew
The absolute state of Jow Forums

What would I do with an optical drive that I can't do with a USB drive?

MpPV, VLC, even fucking Windows Media Player can read BD discs OOTB, faggot. KYS

I never had an issue getting a Blu-ray to play, or rip for free.

>he trusted microshit

Listen to the sweet mechanical noise

This is why I stopped buying Windows boxes after Windows 2000. Win2K was the last MS OS that did not phone home during an installation. Who wants their OS held hostage during installation?

>freetard sperg goes on a sperg rant

typical.

PROPERTY IS THEFT

ALL POWER TO THE SOVIETS

Attached: stallmanpc.png (398x468, 53K)

Win 7 doesn't do this either.

PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD/DVD

>get btfo
>start seething

Lol, but you can with an ISO.

cope

Like every motherboard made after 2000 lets you boot off a USB drive though

Wait, — what? XP phoned home. Vista phoned home. Why would Windows 7 not phone home?

Try playing the silent hill demo for the PS4 and tell me how it went.

>18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.
- Matthew 14

>start samefagging after being buttblasted

Allow me to rephrase, my pirated copy of windows 7 doesn't do this. kek

>paying foreign software developers
Should be treated as national treason and tried with community work to be honest famlam.
It ain't you foreign dogshit who are going to defend me here in the event of war, it's the locals instead, and they deserve my money more than you do.

>implying the price of something with infinite availability doesn't naturally go to zero

It didn't download windows 10 upgrade in the background without you knowing?

double cringe

Attached: Thread.gif (400x225, 975K)

>buy old as fuck software with dropped support
>w-w-woah why isn't it working?!?!

When I bought it in 2012, it was still the newest going version. I didn't want to sign up for the Microsoft subscription package where you pay by the month, and so it was an intentional plan to buy a versioned copy of office.

The big problem here, is that while the office 2011 version still could technically run on my Mac, the licensing server is gone and telephone support is also nonexistent for this product. Trust me, I've wasted half a day more than once thinking that it should be better than this.

Kys

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the way it is in principle, but you really shouldn't be expecting activation servers to be up for the foreseeable future.
Regardless, just buy a

He had permission to make those copies from the IP owner.

>motherboard made after 2000
Absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: boomer gasing zoomers.jpg (704x904, 193K)

Where can I get one of these shady discount licenses?

Trump wouldn't even know what DRM is.

>A new cracking group appears from nowhere
>Their nfos are all written in Aramaic
>They're able to plow thru denuvo, windows authentications, UWP, hardware dongles and even console protections like nothing
>All the corporations spend hundreds of millions of dollars to investigate, but all they find is a glitchy router that somehow produce the releases
>They decide to crucify the router anyway

Just Google "office 2019 key" you retard, I'm not going to spoonfeed you.

oc btw

Attached: centrist NPC meme.png (662x480, 16K)

>just fork over the money, it's only another $5 c'mon goy
Fuck off

You posting from a sick Pentium 3?

Is the NPC meme the most tragically ironic of all memes?

They're on a mac, as far as I know there isn't some daz/kmspico shit for it.
Also, expecting shit to still work after the support ends (which they tell you when you buy it in the first place btw) is retarded. Pirate it if this is something you care about.

>you really shouldn't be expecting activation servers to be up for the foreseeable future
If the software license is for the foreseeable future then you should be able to activate it during the foreseeable future. Therefore activation servers are probably not the best idea.
Or they should at least be online for 10-15 years one could think.

It's a pity I could not predict in 2012 that Microsoft was going to announce the end of life of our office for Mac 2011 at some point in the future.

That point is come now and I feel ripped off. I have one tiny little flipping license of the software program and I just want to use it legitimately. Is that so much to ask?

really made me think

It phones home to Ivan instead.

Hell no it didn't

triple magical sky king cringe

it phones home to itself instead, not everyone is as dumb as you.

drm doesnt prevent piracy

>If the software license is for the foreseeable future
Well, it really isn't though, the support for it was dropped in 2017.
>Therefore activation servers are probably not the best idea.
Literally how else are they supposed to do it?

Are you honestly this retarded?
All MS software has EOL dates, why would this Mac shit be any different?

I don't mean to sound too much like pic related, but these points are honestly retarded.
Even I can think of much better arguments for piracy than
>yeah the software i bought that said it would no longer be supported on X date no longer activates!!!!!!!

Attached: still life with groceries.jpg (1711x2160, 156K)

somebody make this real

>the support for it was dropped in 2017
Was that announced when he purchased it though?
>Literally how else are they supposed to do it?
Could have activation servers with a key backup that you get and can use when the servers goes down.
Might be easier to pirate, but if you want to pirate there will always be possible.

>Was that announced when he purchased it though?
Yes.
>Therefore activation servers are probably not the best idea.
>Could have activation servers

If I buy a license for a piece of software then why does this license magically expire sometime in the future? Do I not own it outright? Is it not my license forever?

Obviously, by running the same version I miss out on all the new functionality, but is that not my decision to make?

You know, I can stick a 5.25 inch floppy disk into a Commodore 64 disk drive and that software program will still load in 2019.

Now this is an NPC meme I can agree with

Activation servers while it's still supported and after that key.

Attached: holy crackers anime girl.jpg (250x250, 16K)

>Do I not own it outright?
No, obviously not, retard. RTFM

also imagine unironically giving MS money for their garbage

Best usecase for AI yet.

You can't say activation servers are not a good idea while also recommending activation servers you retard.

No, it isn't your license forever you fucking retard. You signed the agreement when you bought and used the thing. Some exerts:
>and by accepting this agreement, you agree to receive these types of automatic updates without any additional notice.
>SUPPORT SERVICES. Because this software is “as is,” we may not provide support services for it.
As I said, if this is something you do not like, pirate it. That is literally my entire argument here. You don't buy something and sign up to some terms and then complain that it isn't working even though you agreed to terms that say that is a possibility and they tell you the EXACT DATE that the support is no longer a thing on.

Attached: 1546734149359.jpg (600x338, 47K)

As soon as quantum computers are thing, you can bet they'll eventually be used for this as well.

>Do I not own it outright?

one of the first lines is
>The software is licensed, not sold. Under this agreement, we grant you the right to install (if you acquired the software from a retailer) and run one instance of the software on your device (the licensed device), for use by one person at a time, but only if you comply with all the terms of this agreement. Please see Sections 12-14 below for licenses and conditions that are specific to limited rights versions, certain geographic regions and special editions of the software. Updating or upgrading from non-genuine software with software from Microsoft or authorized sources does not make your original version or the updated/upgraded version genuine, and in that situation you do not have a license to use the software.

why is Jow Forums full of so many faggots?

This is the point, you own nothing but a ticket with an expiry date. Some of them have unlimited uses, others don't. You don't own the software, you don't even own a license to use that software (indefinitely). A proper purchase would be like a GOG game purchase: DRM free, and you can download everything you need, store it somewhere and it'll be usable forever (technically).

Shit like in your example just supports [software] as a service and general planned obsoleteness jewery.

based and redpilled

best thread post.

I give money to some developers I like that don't try to fuck me up.

But I'm not giving a single cent to a company like Microsoft or Adobe.
The fact that I don't have to bother with their DRM malware/servers is just an added bonus.

Actually, I take that back. I do give money to Microsoft, against my wishes, because my taxes are paying for MS licenses in public offices.
So as far as I'm concerned Microsoft owes me money. Fucking bastards.

Kek, never thought of it like that