Enough is enough

Ok, I know this is a bitch move but i'm not gonna use a Distro that gets triggered over every little thing(latest one being a meme package with "boob" on the name). I should stay and demand those kind of people to fuck off, but it won't happen. It's a shame because it just works, never breaks unless you do something really stupid and is perfect for some jobs where you need stability most of all.

Anyway, I've tried many distros during the years:
-Arch: Never broke on me, have to config and re-config every little thing though, usually all help is found on their wiki or google but the process depending on the program can be a pain in the ass. At this stage, I just need a "just werks" distro
>Manjaro: Absolute shit, supposed to be Arch for normies but breaks with a fart.
>Solus: My favorite 2017 distro, Ikey was based but he left and those guys have a small team. Their repos connection are horrible too, or have been since the last trimester of last year
>MX Linux: Debian stable repos but with newer packages and their own repos, tons of tools that will save you time with 1 click instead of 3 terminal commands
>OpenSUSE: Bloated and slow, maybe it's just my computer but I hated it

My favorites DE are xfce and budgie as well

I'm really torn between Solus and MX linux. I need some kind help from you anons, which one should I pick?

Attached: pl.png (1600x1198, 617K)

ubuntu mate 18.04 lts

KDE neon

Attached: B238E431-A9CB-42E6-A77E-F2000AAFF737.png (1200x1200, 153K)

I use mint 18.3 xfce and I couldn't be more satisfied
I literally haven't tested any other distros since I met this, it's almost fully bloat-free and very optimized, plus compatibility with most mainstream packages due to being based on Ubuntu 16.04

seconding this as not a bad option at all. ymmv of course but when doesn't it

I never had a problem with opensuse being slow, however I agree with everything else but arch, arch dies to a fart just like manjaro does.

Attached: 5aee35531b9a0.jpg (640x568, 241K)

Ubuntu Budgie

What do you plan to use the computer for? What physical peripherals do you have? That kinda matters. Some distros will have drivers and codecs for your stuff built-in. Some will not.
If you want to browse the web and send emails, I would suggest KDE Neon.
If you want to play games, I'd suggest Kubuntu.
I am obviously biased toward Plasma these days.
Heads-up - the "Discover" app. which is the Plasma software center, is a buggy piece of shit. Still a great desktop otherwise.

If you want a Desktop that is truly tested as a work station, use Clear Linux, Debian, FreeBSD, or Red Hat.
If you just need a computer for personal use, just go with Fedora or *buntu for an easier setup. Everything else out there is either a hobbyist toy or a respin by comparison.

All this stressing does you no good. Just get a stable and reliable distro. ie Ubuntu or Mint.

>OpenSUSE: Bloated and slow, maybe it's just my computer but I hated it

Literally false. OpenSUSE is the second fastest distro, the fastest being Intel's ClearOS.

Install Gentoo.

Mint can't do anything that Ubuntu can''t. It is Cinnabuntu, if anything. It needs to be consumed by the Canonical umbrella and treated as an official flavor. It is not an actual distro in my eyes.

IIRC Mint comes with Flash preinstalled by default

MX Linux or Linux Mint

apt-get flash is that hard?

install generation two

It actually is, but my memory is fuzzy as to why. If I recall, it was something like this.

The free version fell out of support but is still recommended in documentation so you have to learn how to enable the nonfree repo and then go do that.

Then you install the nonfree version and find out it doesn't work either, so then you have to do some digging around to find the other free version that actually does work but that no one says anything about.

Fedora Xfce, is made for business with newer software than Red Hat.

Pick suicide linux and then do it in real life.

KDE Neon if no time.
Devuan, Artix, or Gentoo if you have time.
If using a DE, stay away from anything heavily based on GTK. If using a WM, research. There isn't one that shines above the rest in my OP, contrary to the very fickle state of DE-s.

Attached: SIP.jpg (496x676, 376K)

Freedos
-powerful command line (UNIX utilities available, several different choices)
-huge software library.
-lightweight, minimal
-several graphical environments to choose from
-usb drivers
-no botnet
-complete control of your system
-package manager available
-and more...

who the fuck still uses flash?

LFS, be the distro yourself

Solus is still fine if you don't mind the shitty repository. Use the terminal instead until they'll fix it

refracta or devuan

I just installed solus over my old Debian testing, comfy af

/f/