Is it any good?

Is it any good?

Attached: solus.png (180x180, 19K)

No

No there are only 3 good distros: Ubuntu for casual users, Debian for sysadmins, Gentoo for researchers and developers. Everything else is a meme.

It's OK
Better off just using Budgie on another distro

>ubuntu
>good

Hi Amazon.

What part of "casual user" do you not understand mister?

Casual doens't mean bloated and with spyware.

Yes. It's creator works for Clear Linux and really knows his shit. Clear Linux has amazing performance, in case you didn't know.

this is absolutely based and whitepilled. just add sourcemage for wizards and your set

Ah, the SourceMageShillMan. Glad to see you ITT.
When will you upgrade to LFS?

lul this is the first time ive shilled it. desu ive never even used it, but i really want to. right now im using void glibc on desktop and void musl, openbsd, and 9front on laptop

Depends a lot of your usage, I started with Solus and have tried multiple different ones and it's definitely on my good distros list, too bad I'm spoiled by aur now. Maybe if they made gpu passthrough even easier compared to how easy it is now days I would use it but I've been spoiled by AUR. I use Manjaro btw

That's not opensuse.

fuck off kevin

>Brainlet that can’t install Arch, uses meme distro instead

drop one suggestion for casuals then

As a sysadmin, I prefer Fedora as a desktop since all my prod machines are RedHat.
Solus is a meme though for sure.

Ikey made something slightly interesting out of it but now that he's left it's just a typical desktop-oriented binary distro with a shitty package manager and couple codemonkeys trying to maintain their packages.

Ok, why should I if Manjaro gets things done?

So I will install a new OS in my new SSD and I'm tired of Ubuntu and Mint. Recommend me what to install. I want something fast and not bloated. Should I go for Fedora? I use this PC mainly for programming, I have another PC dedicated to games so that one has windows.

Installing Arch isn't difficult. It's just pointless tedium.

This. The easiest way to spot Linux noobs is that they brag about their Arch installation.

install solus

Solus or Clear Linux?

>Noobuntu and Sjwbian
kys

It always seems to give me the fewest problems and best performance of the distros I've tried, so yes from me. I'm a pretty casual user though, fyi.

mint

Attached: 1546538825533.png (547x435, 95K)

ive used it as my main shitposting os since mid 2016

good:
>good defaults
>dinkpad media keys werk without any fuckery
>audio source switching (external dac) is seamless
>archfags hate it

bad:
>not enough fucking packages
>especially terrible selection of web browsers
>repo server flakes out sometimes mid-update. thankfully it verifies whats already in the cache & doesnt redownload everything
>software center is bad at handling above flakiness during updates. use the terminal as it is better at showing when a download freezes
>3rd party package section in software center is crap, no visual cues that its actually downloading or installing what you clicked on. of course it also flakes out sometimes
>can you tell they got a package management problem??

> Sjwbian
We're talking about Linux here, so buzz off. Linux IS SJW, it is in every distribution.

Based.