/spg/ - Smartphone General

Zenfone Max Pro M1 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: ASUS-Zenfone-Max-Pro-M1-758x426.jpg (758x426, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5Z47gXtbXjw
cnet.com/news/oneplus-6t-removing-the-headphone-jack-was-a-tough-decision/
twitter.com/xiaomiespana/status/1081883078136680449
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got 12 hours SoT on my new M1 and I've been using it practically non stop, ricing and updating everything. It's at 18% now and I'm sure there's an hour or two left, it's awesome.

my warranty expires in a few days and a dead pixel appeared out of nowhere, should I send it in
I'd lose ip68

Lads, is the s9+ worth 100usd more than the regular version?
Do you think the 3000mah battery is enough for a day? And 4gb of ram enough for 2-3 years of use?

Send it in.

It's worth it.

What's a good app to download music from youtube?

100% worth it

Do you think 4gb of ram wont be enough down the road?

>Note 10 is codenamed 'Da Vinci'
now I wanna buy it, despite the pill notch. I'm sure there will be ways to hide it, right?

Well more RAM obviously won't do any harm, but it's not just about the memory. Considering the upgrade to the Plus model gives you a bigger battery, more RAM and a secondary rear camera then I'd say for $100 it is worth it (unless you prefer the more compact size of the regular S9).

>pill notch
That's the S10+, I don't think there's been any leaks of how the Note 10 looks yet.

Fuck the bezelless meme now I can't hold my shit sideways to watch videos without touching the screen

>S10 Lite has the pill notch
>S10 has the pill notch
>S10+ has the pill notch
>Note Vinci has bezels
that won't fit their design at all.

get a case you fat fuck

I am waiting for a fucking camera under the screen bezelless notchless phone with a battery over 4000mah and I'm not settling for anything fucking less. I will pay $3000 for this shit I don't give a fuck but that's what I want and that's it.

Cases are shit and I'm literally underweight

Gonna send my Galaxy S8 for warranty. What's the best cheap phone for max 200-ish €?

Ringke cases are amazing. Great mix of aesthetics and protection. I recommend the smoke black fusion cases if they come for your phone.

Zenfone Max Pro M1 or a Redmi.

Which phone Xiaomi will announce January 10?

Attached: file.png (366x605, 286K)

nokia?

Redmi 7 and/or Redmi Note 7

Send it

XZ2 compact or Pixel 2?

Is Redmi line more powerful than redmi note line?

Attached: Pocophone-in-One-Hand-1-1340x754.jpg (1340x754, 180K)

No note/note pro is the best out of the redmis

XZ2C, obviously. It's a far better phone than the Pixelshit

Attached: 1386059913716.png (240x311, 43K)

XZ1 compact :^)

Wait for the XZ4C, it's right around the corner.

Is it just me or do Cyanogenmod based ROMs such as Lineage or OxygenOS have problems with the light sensor and adaptive screen brightness?

I've had this issues since CM7 and it still exists. I'm using a OP6T and although it's fixed on the beta build it still hampers the main 11 build.

Is that sucker going to be like $300-$500? Or am I just supposed to wait another year and hope my current phone doesn't shit out on me?

What's the best browser that's light on battery and supports ad blocking?

I have this infuriating bug on my redmi note 3 too.

Thank you. Hope they launch note 7. I really need another phone.

Attached: redmi note 3.jpg (728x455, 57K)

Best phone under 400 eurobucks? pocoshit is not an option. i went to see that phone other day and accidentally noticed that it literally stinks.

>accidentally noticed
this is a retarded statement, you don't notice anything by accident, moron

How's the Nokia 7.1? Looking for a good $200-$400 phone and I need to order today.

It won't be below $500, that's for damn sure.

its good, better with GCam installed

>yuropoor acting high and mighty
maybe don't be a poornigger?

Is now a decent time to buy a phone? Current phone is shitting the bed, I'm considering the Oneplus 6T, but I don't know if a bunch of launches can be expected soon.

>Canada, Freedom mobile
>US$800 budget
>No large notches, would like wireless charging

Lg g6 or g7fit?

Mint Browser

>Best phone under 400 eurobucks?
Pocophone

>Is now a decent time to buy a phone?
No, considering most smartphone manufacturers will be releasing their 2019 flagships soon.

VIA Browser

Just bought used one for 100£, how did I do Jow Forums?

How's that chinese OS work?

like regular OS, stupid gwailo
stop ask questions

not wanting to buy something that literally stinks is acting high and mighty? i smelled bunch of other phones after and noone of them smelled.

I've had mine for a few months now and it's great. I can't see it becoming obsolete within the next 2 or 3 years so it was a steal for the price. None of the current meme-trends in it either like no headphone jack etc

>buying BASEDny
wew lad

fuuuuuuucking vietnam moot

>I'm sure there will be ways to hide it, right?
But how? That's where the front camera is supposed to be. Enjoy your permanent black dot on the screen and I'll enjoy Note 9's price drop.

I've just bought an OP6T moving away from Sony Xperia phones starting with the Z and ending with XZ2. I'm happy with my purchase. I do have a few issues, one I've already mentioned in this thread is the light sensor issue. The in screen finger print sensor is ok but not as good as a Sony sensor on the power button. No SD card or 3.5mm Jack might be a deal breaker for some but I've got a very good pair of Senhauser BT headphones on the onboard storage is enough for my needs. OxygenOS is great, the battery is brilliant and the phone build is rock solid. No IP63 certification is a worry. I bought this phone to tinker, unlocking the bootloader, rooting and flashing something nice. If that's not your thing then it's still a phone worth considering but another manufacturers flagship model, such as a XZ4 might be worth plumbing for.

>Cases are shit
And micro scratches all over the display and the body of the phone are great? That is if you don't drop your phone.

>adaptive screen brightness?
Currently an issue in Android 9.
What stinks? What in the fucking fuck are you talking about?

What android are you on? I've got it with 8.0.0

Picked up a Blu Vivo XL 4 for $99 and I'm pretty happy with it.

>6.2" 720p screen
>19:9
>3gb ram, 32 rom
>fingerprint
>android 8.0
>4000 mAh battery
>free cases and screen protectors included.

Probably the best value on the market atm

Same, 9 is rumored to be coming soon. Only thing I hate about the phone is the super-aggressive ambient light adjustment, not the one you can turn off in the settings but another one that seems to be built in to the firmware. You'll notice it if you use a dark keyboard and go outside while using it.

i went to try the phone in one of those stores that has bunch of phones on display. i was comparing it to my dying s7 side by side when u got urgent need to sneeze. i droped to pocoshit and cover my mouth and then i felt it. pocoshit had stunk up my hand. i even went to different store and smelled it, same shit

Leave the general this instant, what you see posted here will make you regret your purchase.

What in the actual fuck?

Why would I regret this? $99 doesn't exactly commit you for a year or 2 the way a $600 phone does. And it might not be the best phone, but it definitely gets the job done easily without stuttering

>No IP63 certification is a worry
Watch JerryRigEverything's teardown video on the OP6, there is rubber seals on every port to make it water resistant:
youtu.be/5Z47gXtbXjw

It is the same case with the 6T, Oneplus just chose not to have the phone certified to cut down on costs:
cnet.com/news/oneplus-6t-removing-the-headphone-jack-was-a-tough-decision/

>But to Lau -- who says the OnePlus 6T is more water resistant than any of its predecessors and can survive an accidental drop in the sink or a splash during a rainstorm -- the cost to go through official IP certification just isn't worth it.
>"The number of users that are taking their phone to go swimming are few and far between," said Lau. To have everyone else pay, say, $30 more, "for the sake of an IP rating" in order to accommodate the one user who goes off and swims with their phone is "unreasonable," according to Lau.

im looking to buy a new phone and the ones i like the most usually don't have headphone jack and come either without headphones or with those iphone style headphones. i've got pic related with s4 and have been using them with every phone i had since. they fit my ear perfectly which is why i also used them with iphone even though volume rockers don't work then. my question is, is there any downside to putting dongle on these headphones and using them with phone that doesn't have headphone jack? since i use headphones only with phone i figured id just leave dongle connected at all times which would negate any additional inconvenience?

Attached: samsung-in-ear-earphones-3-5mm-jack-ehs64avfwe-handsfree-500x500.jpg (500x500, 29K)

>No LTE Band 28
Fuck.

You won't be able to charge over wire and listen to the music simultaneously.

that sucks, but is not a deal-breaker for me. what about sound quality? some people claim it is significant downgrade.

Thanks for that, I feel better about my purchase as I was used to waterproof Sony kit.

I don't think its a noticeable downgrade, and those earbuds are some kind of high end iems anyway so you'll be fine.

It doesn't make much of a difference if any at all, when people (rightfully) bitch about the audio jack removal, it's because it was removed for no reason and the dongle solution is both less convenient and increases the wear of the USB port. In any case if a store nearby you has display models of the phones you're considering to buy, you could borrow the dongle from a friend or a family member and test how your headphones work in person.

Should I fall for the OnePlus meme, Jow Forums?

OP6 yes, 6T only if you're pressed to buy right now.

Any launcher recommendations? Recently got myself a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and I hate the fact that there's no app drawer. Before that I had Galaxy S5 and I got used to touchwiz so I'd like something similar. I'm also looking for a simple note app that allows me to export the notes, preferrably all at once.

I want to get rid of my Moto G5 Plus. I have been buying Moto G phones since the first one, but I want to change. I want something from Xiaomi, redpill me on Xiaomi, which one should I get if I want something similar to the Moto G line?

My MI A2 (which is only a few weeks old) only does slow charging now. Has any user here heard about this before?
>should've gotten a note 5/6
This one was cheaper on ebay

Nova Launcher, then apply for the bootloader unlock

And by slow charging I mean REALLY fucking slow

you're literally me but late by a month
currently posting from my G5 Plus, but about to switch to my Xiaomi soon
get the Redmi Note 5, its literally the closest thing, but better

have you tried another quick charge compatible charger? have you tried a different cable?

Word on the Xiaomi Redmi 6a? needed only for basic social apps.

Mediatek A22 SoC and a 720p screen
get a Redmi 6 Pro, better phone

Is android that stupid to not allow night mode filters to overlay their notifications bar?

>LineageOS, rooted
>flux preview app is garbage and crashes

Attached: Screenshot_20190106-143755_Clover.png (1080x1920, 202K)

Yeah i have tried a different charger, though not a quick charge compatible one. I tried different cables with both. From the chargers, I get no progress at all, using my PC I get 1% every 6-7 minutes.

NewPipe.

Also, I got the Mi A2 Lite two days ago and it seems pretty good. Display is great, and I got the 4/64 version but I haven't seen the eMMC bug yet. Camera is a bit disappointing tho.

>Is android that stupid to...
The answer is always yes, that's why every single manufacturer tries to fix it with their skin.

try another quick charge compatible one to see if its the charger or the phone
you're saying its slow charging with the charger it came with?

I'm gonna look for my J5 charger.
Exactly, I was using the provided one. It worked well for the last two weeks

Have you tried LOS's own night mode, Live Display?

I have, it's just not as "good" as other apps but I'll give it another try

>Camera is a bit disappointing tho.
Install Gcam. Pic related is stock camera...

Attached: IMG_20181219_214949.jpg (1500x2000, 193K)

...and this is Google Camera with Night Sight

Attached: IMG_20181219_214832.jpg (1499x2000, 269K)

I got this phone 3 days ago. Their are better phones out there spec wise. How ever the look and feel of this phone is amazing. The snapdragon 6xxwhat ever I thought was going to be laggy but it's not. Android One runs smoothly and that all I care about. As for games I don't know and I don't game on my phone. If you want a sleek solid phone for basic tasks like I use it for it's perfect. I got the blue which is just black. I think the sliver will look dated in a few months.

I fell for it and I'm glad. Bought OP6 last week and it's really good. OxygenOS is awesome.

The only thing I wish was improved is the speaker - no stereo and mediocre sound quality.

I see that the provided chargers do not support quick charge, now I feel stupid.
Estimated charging time is now 4 hours and it is at 20%.
I'm guessing I can't go wrong with anker for quickchargers?

>6.2" 720p screen
How are you happy with this? 720p looks shit on a medium phone nevermind 6+ inches.

I thought Android One would come with gcam preinstalled, ty senpai

Are Verizon phones still unlocked when you buy them? And is apple still banning any carriers from installing apps on their phones?

Mi Mix 3 is launching in Spain on January 8th, the rest of Europe can't be far away:
twitter.com/xiaomiespana/status/1081883078136680449