Hey, fa/g/s, how long until I'm able to upload my consciousness in a cloud or at least a mechanical body?

Hey, fa/g/s, how long until I'm able to upload my consciousness in a cloud or at least a mechanical body?

Attached: 1546627533038.jpg (225x225, 13K)

why would you want to put your consciousness into some glowniggers computer

We dont even know what exactly it is that makes us conscious or how it even works, you probably won't be able to before you die. You're just going to get old, and then die and be forgotten about. Your kids may get to live on forever in machines though.

You were born too late in time to be ignorant of the possibility of maybe living forever and seeing the universe, but too early for it to actually happen.

no one alive now will experience this in their lifetime

25 Years

Ray Kurzweil predicts will be able to do merge with machines by 2045.

OP, can you upload the OP in red shade instead of green so Ican send to Bizonnaci?

This is my opinion.

A brain trying to reverse engineer another brain is one of the most complex, counter-intuitive and difficult recursive processes, which is likely to only be accomplished through a monstrous monetary investment, deploying obscene budgets and executing hardcore interdisciplinary man-hours that would do the work on The Great Chinese Wall and The Panama Canal anecdotes at the bottom of the page.

But it is possible. All matter can be analyzed through reason.

When this historical process finally bears fruit, the transfer of what is popularly known as "conscience" will be the last aristocratic luxury and the last political resource at the same time.

It will be accessible only to the oligarchies, kratocracies, and kleptocracies of global civilization, like that John Cusack film where they get on a big boat and the president of USA dies with an aircraft carrier on the face during the end of the world.

Along with the technology needed to migrate to other planets, this elite will leave the earth to nest in a new one, highly possible Mars. The conquest of a new world, literally.

The solution for us? I am still thinking, but theology tells us there some bigger game in motion.

Attached: 1 (1).png (1440x2239, 3.93M)

Not OP, but there you go.

Attached: 1546793813934-edited.png (225x225, 106K)

/thread

People are all too ready to abandon religion. Fine. It makes no sense to you. I get that. But it puts into scope what is sacred, what makes us human. Our souls aren't resources that can simply be placed into some unearthly machine. Our origins, whatever they may be, are far too sacred to be defiled in such ways. Say there is no metaphysical force, the God we worship is ourselves. Our religion is us. To defile a human is to defile yourself. This isn't a rant against transhumanism, it's a denouncement of the true, prime evil that is playing God with things you don't understand.

My faith in 4ch is validated — pls, take this in return:

Blueyesverdeamphibian.jpg

>tiny head
>gigantic body
Why do artist do this.

My startup plans to do this. We'll host you for free.

>Willingly giving your soul to the botnet

In my view we will never could transfer our consciousness to mechanical body or net, but only copy our mind.

If an scientist announce that could transfer our consciousness, it could only mean that the result could lead to killed the original consciousness and created a cloned consciousness instead.

1 day after you die

>But it puts into scope what is sacred, what makes us human.
>Our souls aren't resources that can simply be placed into some unearthly machine.
>Our origins, whatever they may be, are far too sacred to be defile in such ways.
I understand and respect what you're saying.

>Say there is no metaphysical force, the God we worship is ourselves.
>To defile a human is to defile yourself.
It's an ongoing investigation. You and I, who have a similar view of nature and human sacredness, are not part of the work that is already in development and whose product will be inevitable.

Transhumanism is more than a single stance on reality. It's not just Nick Land or cybernetics. I consider myself a trans but I don't reject the divine principles that are still beating in my heart. At the end of the day, I still believe.

But there are rare wars in different dimensions and garbage time is running out. Political, philosophical, sexual, military and even memetic conflicts. And the silence of God added to a machine that is too big to stop with just one button, plus the fear of death and a universe that is cold and indifferent to human suffering make me look for directly heretical solutions.

Is not about God or the Devil, right or wrong, is about getting a chance to overcome the darkness.

When we are uploaded, will it even be us? Or merely a copy of our conciousness that exists on it's own. I dont want myself to live on if it's not even truly my original self experiencing it all.

Why would you bother? You wouldn't be the one enjoying that robotic superbody or virtual paradise.

If you upload your consciousness, it'll be a clone of you.
If you tether your brain (craneal system) that'll be you