Have shitty laptop

>have shitty laptop
>KDE runs faster than mate, xfce, and arguably LXDE
Why?

Attached: logo-white-blue-3000x3000.png (3000x3000, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)
community.kde.org/Promo/Material/Mascots
reddit.com/r/linux/comments/9allod/lets_get_this_clear_once_and_for_all_plasma_is/
youtu.be/dyNVpWyVP-M?t=189
youtube.com/watch?v=QIrGVzAu7y8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Superior Aryan software

Plasma just werks

Attached: 1546561164092.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

>KDE runs faster than mate, xfce, and arguably LXDE
KDE can NEVER run faster than xfce
its not possible under any coherent circumstances

akchually

Konqi works hard behind the scenes to make KDE the best DE ever!

=====

Art CC BY-SA Tyson Tan (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)
community.kde.org/Promo/Material/Mascots
By replying to this post you agree to license your contribution under the same CC BY-SA 4.0 license or compatible terms.
KDE® is a registered trademark of KDE e.V. The nominative use of KDE e.V.'s trademark in this post neither implies nor should be interpreted as endorsement or approval of this post by KDE e.V. or its associates.

Attached: KDE_mascot_Konqi_for_KDE_system_settings.png (3173x3508, 856K)

I wanna fuck that dragon

Disregard this Xfce nigger. Plasma is superior in every single way.

I've my doubts about your statement, but KDE absolutely flies on my desktop. It's hard to believe the complaints about its performance.

Konqi is NOT for lewds!

Attached: KDE_mascot_Konqi_for_help_and_other_documentations.png (3508x3686, 1.02M)

Konqi is for cutes, not lewds.

>superior
slower

Soo you telling me KDE's Plasma is written by Iranians and Afghans?

I think the word you're looking for is lighter and faster. Plasma absolutely blows your puny DE out of the water.

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/9allod/lets_get_this_clear_once_and_for_all_plasma_is/

inb4 >reddit or autistic screeching about ram.

Does KDE run smooth with Atom, qbitorrent and Firefox (10-20 tabs) open at all times on 4gb ram?
Answer yes and I change

Attached: 1545686238512.jpg (1437x1437, 859K)

youtu.be/dyNVpWyVP-M?t=189
Stop spewing outdated 'muh lightweight DE' propaganda.

youtube.com/watch?v=QIrGVzAu7y8
I would say, yes absolutely. Try a live iso first tho.

>live iso
Why tho? Its a group of packages, or can it potentially break things?

> Sup Jow Forums. What equals 2+2?
> inb4 4

I've a Nehalem setup with 6GB ram, it uses about 500MB idle and is fine for my use case. I dunno about Atom, but I can do just fine with a 2GB VM together with a browser, Deluge and then some.

go back to your hole

Time save, to make sure it actually runs well enough on your machine. But yeah, if you don't want to, go right ahead and install it.

You sure told me, Tyrone.

cringe
further cringe

adding to it
KDE was the DE I tried on my first ever arch install. It was fine until I started training some ML models. The cursor started hanging the windows starting bloating
I shifted to xfce and it was much better
Then I shifted to a tiling wm (i3wm) and things have been the best.

a...
CRINGE

was plasma the native DE of the system?
usually the DE the OS was compiled with runs better than those installed afterwards
the only true way to benchmark is to get the all running on a minimal system with no pre-compiled DE whatsoever

Attached: 2247415%20-%20Konqi%20cybermananon%20kde%20mascots.png (513x682, 137K)

>The DE the OS was compiled with
Imagine being this retarded. Go kill yourself and never come back go Jow Forums.

based

kringe

Delete this.

Attached: 1506205922281.png (323x282, 34K)

No.

Reported to the nsa

Attached: 1546705723174.gif (500x375, 600K)

>set panel to auto-hide
>set kwin hide utility windows to false
>panel auto-hiding stops working with that kwin setting
yes, this is a reproducible open bug.

>change icon theme to one which is missing a few KDE specific icons (any theme not made by KDE) & doesn't have a Inherits= setting for a valid KDE theme
>start anything with a notification tray icon like qbittorrent, gmpc, whatever
>notification icons don't show up
>if qbittorrent is set to minimize to tray then it's just gone but still running when you close it
yes, this is also a reproducible open bug

I've been using XFCE4 for a long time. Switched to KDE starting this year (yes I know that trying KDE again as a new years resolution is a strange one). I'm not sure I'll bother sticking with it because it really does have a lot of small bugs, some more annoying than others. It is in many cases possible to figure out why KDE bugs happen and work around them somehow but it is a waste of time and XFCE4 doesn't have those problems.

I just read thep Definition of the word aryan .

Why is anyone outside of those three countries ever using the word Aryan? It's like an African calling himself Mongolian it doesn't make any sense. And why does every white American want to be an Iranian but at the same time hates them. Are Americans really that dumb??

It means noble in Aryan, it's basically Hitler coopting poos and claiming GERMANICS WUZ KANGZ N SHIET.

Noble in Sanskrit*

>speaking ayran

discard this stupid niggerfaggot, doesn't know what he is talking about

Because KDE was made in Germany.

ive used kde for quite some time for some reason now and this post is making me reconisder

>not using openSUSE and KDE for maximum Deutsche Effizienz

der einzige grund warum ich openSUSE nicht verwende ist weil es von deutschen gemacht wurde
ich wuenschte ich haette diese sprache nie gelernt alle deutschen sind unertraegliche idioten

Xfce is slow af. It does consume less ram, but it's inefficient at using cpu cycles which is definition of slow.

Well from what I read it is simply a term denoting an ethnolinguistical group ie “Aryans“ (Afghans, Persians and Tajiks) and Indo-Aryans (North Indians).

I learned years ago that Red/blonde hair and Green/Gray/Blue eyes developed somewhere around Central Asia so yea..

And apparently Afghanistan has the biggest population of Green eyed Red-haired people worldwide after Europre

This doesn't make any sense. Germanics are Europeans (just like Iranians from a genetic standpoint) but Iranians aren't Germanics not are Germanics Aryans (ie Iranians).

Its more like “home of the white man is in central Asia so coop with them “

Some eurofags probably went, conquered and slayed a bunch of iranic/indian poon.

They haven't update to Wayland yet.

I'm aware, i was just fruitlessly baiting with edgyness.

>nvidia
>no wayland
Why are you guys making me feel these things.

Technically the language “Aryan“ is the sacred Zoroastrian language Avestan. The sole left modern descendant of Avestan is Afghan native language.

Zoroaster the prophet calls some place around Iran Afghanistan and Tajikstan as the “Aryan homeland“ which is probably why the Europeans got the Nazi thing from with Iran.

Europes elite always has been obsessed with Zoroastrianism. The word Magic and Paradise both come from Zoroasters “Aryan“ language

by any chance are you 12 and your parents are communist Soviet proletarians ?

pr just abused as a child and now you're at a “special school“?

That's a firm no, to everything you asked.
Why are you projecting so hard? Is it because i called us eurofags?

Is it really that hard to fathom, that these green eyed/red haired easterners could be descendant of Europeans?

It just proves how terrible your education is/has been if you had any. You clearly have no clue how human migration went. If anything Europeans are the descendant of Iranians. Look at the genetically composition the phenotypes and the migration route.

Or simply like communist children are used to: Go live a labour slave life with your high iq not knowing most basic human history.

Sorry but no your theory has no single logic. Zoroastrianism was invented before Europeans had any word to describe paradise or magic. Since Greeks were the first real Europeans and Europeans imported most of the “high caliber“ words from exactly those people it means Iranians mist have been there a long time before Greeks were there.

Goebbels had a lengthy explanation of this and scientific world of US agreed with him so I believe it. At least I rather believe him than some random idiot who can't even keep intelligent scientific discussions

Ahh yeah, I must be a commie because I don't remember minutiae of high school geography lessons, solid reasoning.

Ahh okay, you seem knowledgeable enough, are Yazids and Zoroastrians the same religion, or share a religious ancestry?

I like KDE...

based Plasma poster.

Yazidis are Kurds right? Kurds are technically Aryans though they split early which is why you generally don't tend to see Kurds with Green/Gray eyes or red hair. Afaik they mostly mixed with Turks and Arabs.

Yazidis have nothing to do with Zoroastrianism though. Zoroastrianism is by far the world's oldest “real“ religion. The only “real“ Zoroastrians are the “real“ Aryans ie Iranians Afghans and Tajiks which coincidentally covers the exact area Alexander tried to occupy but apparently miserably failed somewhere in Afghanistan, how surprising those bushmen keep fending off everyone since +3000 years.

no you are a communist (and or American) because both communists and Americans love to shittalk about topics they clearly have no clue about

>implying shit talking is not universal
You are fucking retarded mate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game
>mfw

>The Encyclopaedia Britannica 1986
>The Yazidi religion is a syncretic combination of Zoroastrian, Manichaean ... elements

>Trusting the anglophone world talking about Aryan topics

you are aware that the Anglophone world are the exact ones that got butthurt from those bishmen? British Empire literally succumbed to Indian Aryans American Empire is succumbing to Afghan Aryans

Yazidis are not Zoroasrians. The only left Zoroastrians outside of India are the Pashtuns the native Afghsns.

I am geniously amazed how those Bushmen with like 10 million inhabitants were able to fend off both Russians and British at the same time while countries like, China instantly fell after their invasion.

Like what the fuxk Afghans literally made the German East collapse.

Because you are an annoying KDE shill

so true

Well the British classified them as Martial race meaning they were suited for combat. Though admittingly it is astonishing how some village tribals with 1000 year old weapons and horses were able to defend themselves against British artillery with modern heavy weapons and fighting jets. This is the kind of stories that makes me wonder.