>not Android/part of Google botnet
>can run Android apps using Anbox if you want

Attached: IMG_1301.png (261x460, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

necunos.com/
puri.sm/products/librem-5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>copy pasta from one of the last Librem 5 threads
Kek-arooni, I'll let it slide cause the Librem 5 seems so based.
So far, every argument against the Librem 5 I've heard besides price and app support (despite, as you said, it being able to to run Android apps or even Android) can be applied in MUCH greater magnitudes to literally any other current smartphone.
It's, at the very least, the least of the evils; my current dream phone

Attached: 1489438423728.gif (414x700, 293K)

Too expensive.

>gnome

It is my dream phone but its just gonna stay my dream phone because its too expensive
I might be getting the pine64 budget oriented libre smartphone

Pay that open source special snowflake tax goys. It's open source, so stop kvetching, and just buy it.

necunos.com/
Frankly I'm happy that there's GNU/Linux phone movement, I rather not stay with Android.

If it had a slide-out keyboard it would be literally the perfect phone.

There's also Plasma support.

This has to be some fucking "viral" marketing by Librem

There has been so much talk of this phone in 2019 but when I brought it up 2 months ago nobody gave a fuck

Fuck off adverts

>when I brought it up 2 months ago nobody gave a fuck
user's are tired of talking about this phone.

>nobody gave a fuck
Nobody still gives a fuck. There's just a few newfriends who're either trying to find reasons to buy it/not buy it or just decided to spread word themselves.

> Install Gentoo on it
> Make it run 2bwm with slight variations
> Lower battery consumption to a point where it lasts days

Pretty based and completely redpilled

this seems awesome
>interest free financing
makes the price tag much easier, when is it supposed to come out?

Coming through

Attached: Jurk2xV.png (618x968, 530K)

nvm just found it, postponed til april, so probably early june

Okay, can you give me scheamtics of phone and board layout?
I want to make myself usign proprietary laser printer multi-layer board manufacturing technology

>no mobile baseband
How can they even call what they offer on sute right now a "phone" when thwy don't even have mobile basebands!

I unironically would buy that, kickstarter link pls

puri.sm/products/librem-5/

This

>he thinks software on gentoo consumes less battery
>he thinks there's a significant difference in window manager battery consumptions
What a fucking retard you are. Spread more memes kid so you feel smart for having technical "knowledge".

im glad that there might be gnu/linux phones in the future, but a screen size of 5.7" is nothing but a bunch of bloat
how are you going to fit this brick comfortably in your pockets with bezels like that and a 5.7" screen

Attached: 1541167256883.jpg (800x1129, 96K)

I’m buying one with the intention of replacing my iPhone. Then I can have a full Linux expierance on both my laptop and my phone, without fear of goberment glow in the darks watching me at all times.

0/10, no keyboard

sent from my KEYone

The true test is if I try running, say, a game in X, that runs with OpenGL, will it detect the graphics chip, or will it tell me to fuck off?

>librem
Specs will be different on release, and it won't be the smartphone that anons were promised when ordering one.

1. Hardware killswitch for speakers too because speakers can be used as microphones, as well as accelerometers.

2. Don’t really gaf about open source hardware, but Lagdroid has proven that to run smoothly for anything that’s not iPhone you need about 6-8 gigs of ram.

Attached: EA848EC1-46D5-4976-A2CE-C235F7D465B8.jpg (270x480, 20K)

kek, funny cause true

Go pay less for android phone. Google will sell your data to earn the difference back and then some.

>made by trannies
No thanks.

>Hurr durr googles
What's wrong with using a custom ROM?

>le degoogled

Attached: 1493636042906.png (313x313, 149K)

Implying that akop isn't? I honestly do not know what you are trying to say here.

Yes. GPU is the GC7000Lite which has open source drivers.

>Android distribution bad because Google
>Use ganoo+Linux distro that calls home to Google instead

You can literally install Gentoo and configure it so it doesn't call home to anyone.

You can literally install Android, and configure it so it doesn't call home to anyone.
They might be a little similar in some ways.

>Pay that open source special snowflake tax goys. It's open source, so stop kvetching, and just buy it.
Why is this a trend.

What is? Shitposting?

tranny CTO put some mentally ill shit in. wouldn't trust this device. at least google kikes got a clear motive: they want your data. only god knows what a tranny CTO wants

economies of scale. turns out open source only works because labor costs make up 100% of development costs for software. and if you find enough retards to work for free (as in gulag) you can have free software.
with hardware it's a little difference. material costs are huge and can only be lowered if you apply economies of scale. which means you need a product that appeals to many customers. and no one cares about tranny "libre" phones. no one except a bunch of guys who work for free (as in gulag) and ironically can't afford this shit.
the free market wins again by eliminating inefficiencies. the resources used to manufacture such a librem phone are way better spent on manufacturing an android device which actually many people want

i'm afraid with a linux install it won't be calling at all. the baseband doesn't work under linux and will work only with android

What would I need a phone for when my Thinkpad has a WWAN card?

This

Trannies.