Does TempleOS have any value as an operating system outside of memery...

Does TempleOS have any value as an operating system outside of memery? Debating how autistic it'd be to try my hand at writing some simple programs in HolyC.

Attached: 49142197_1164272940363878_7232519433753722880_n.png (640x944, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=TempleOS&type=
codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/
github.com/topics/holyc
github.com/endrazine/wcc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nope

github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=TempleOS&type=

Literally not one. I can not state accurately how absolutely useless it is. It's the OS child of a schizophrenic autist.

Literally what the fuck, discord?
I thought TOS had no internet.

You're a retard, probably one of those idiots that praises the PICO-8.

How does it have any purpose? The coding language is awful. It's simply a feat he built it. It doesn't mean it's useful.

I cannot confirm it first hand, but according to legend, thanks to its eccentric memory allocation method, is immune to critical zero-day processor exploits like spectre.

Its military grade stuff.
Glow in the dark cia niggers

>How does it have any purpose?
because some people enjoy recreational programming
>The coding language is awful.
what's awful about "the coding language", explain yourself you fucking idiot

>recreational programming
you can do that without TempleOS

>you can do that without TempleOS
yeah with a ton of boilerplate, which is the reason why you'd use TempleOS instead

It's fun to use. Studying the source and the system could teach you a lot of things, it's much less overwhelming then looking through Linux's source code or something. And it has some interesting ideas that could be translated to other operating systems like embedding media into a source code file.

this. it's actually FUN in the temple, which makes it a 10/10 on that alone

>yeah with a ton of boilerplate
what?
fire up any programming language and type whatever you want
you could make Terrys amazing video games in MS-DOS QBasic

also this, it's an OS you can potentially 'wrap your head around', assuming your noggin is elastic.

I like it because it's

>Simple
The overarching point of everything else.

>Built for Programming
You spend no time tweaking an IDE or fucking with configs, you get right to it. The entire OS is built for this purpose alone. Lot's of cool features along this line like embedded images in the shell and emacs-like introspection.

>Low Level
This goes hand in hand with the above, you can and will crash your system and you get to poke around with the assembly as desired.

>Playful, fun
Lot's of silly easter eggs and incomplete games that beg you to upgrade/complete them

>Understandable
It's so small, you can understand the entire thing basically. Compared it the linux kernel alone and you'll catch my drift.

It's unique in these regards, and it results in programming being fun.

oh forgot to mention it's also fucking divine and chosen by god

>fire up any programming language and type whatever you want
fire up what? which language built into Win/Mac/Linux distro lets you draw on a device context in a one-liner, they all require boilerplate
>you could make Terrys amazing video games in MS-DOS QBasic
what does "Terrys amazing video games" have to do with anything, and why would I want to run MS-DOS and QBasic on a modern computer and be limited to real mode and 1MB of memory when I could just use TempleOS?

Temple OS separates people that use the internet and browse memes all day and pretend to be /b/rogrammers from any real computer scientist. A proper CS major can do what Terry did in a year, because making a commadore64 clone, forking C and writing a poorly composed operation system isn't exactly rocket science. Its just mindless busy work, or a hobby. As a joke, a friend and I forked Temple and named it Satan's Glory Hole OS. We're putting it on github in May / June.

>which language built into Win/Mac/Linux distro lets you draw on a device context in a one-liner, they all require boilerplate
there's hundreds of baby game programming languages that let you do just that
>why would I want to run MS-DOS and QBasic on a modern computer and be limited to real mode and 1MB of memory when I could just use TempleOS?
would would you want to run TempleOS and be limited to 640x480 16 color when you could use a modern operating system
you people are insane

The only os that's not a botnet

Attached: ancient_japanese_dance.gif (527x439, 288K)

>baby game programming languages
why would I want a baby game programming language
>and be limited to 640x480 16 color
you have full access to the hardware, why would you be limited to that

TempleOS is God's third temple. The Holy Spirit can puppet you if you use the random word and random bible verse functions. You get out what you put in so be sure to make a good offering first.

>why would I want a baby game programming language
that's what Terry's language is
>why would you be limited to that
Because that's what "God" told him

>that's what Terry's language is
ok I guess C is a baby language, u got me
>Because that's what "God" told him
we're talking about TempleOS not Terry, good job not answering my question bud

Is it even really an OS? Is a Nintendo game an OS?

god told him to make his operating system 640x480 16 color

>Does TempleOS have any value as an operating system outside of memery?
It enables you to communicate with god.

>Glow in the dark cia niggers
Yes,yes we know the memes.
Just never plug in your machine to the internet and you have no botnet.

>implying communication with the Almighty isnt valuable
Btfo heretic

Is there a Linux console emulator that feeds all input to a c compiler?
That's the one really cool feature TOS has I wish Linux had

>they all require boilerplate
the boilerplate is the fun part
if you think game programming is more fun in TOS because of the abstraction that HC provides over boilerplate, you don't know how to have fun with programming

tcc -run -

was bandersnatch inspired by terry

No, none, no network or external drive support makes it a closed box, nothing gets in, nothing gets out. So you have a shitty, eye-raping VGA era OS where you can write programs without any value to the rest of the world, no matter how well made and functionality wise your creation is.
It's an amazing feat of skill, but nothing more.

pretty cool desu

How does that restrict us from extending it to support more?

you would be going against gods wishes, obviously

Only the enlightened realize that having a direct connection to God in your OS is the ultimate power.

TempleOS has lots of novel ideas and even some shared innovations with research systems like plan9 and inferno. Techpseuds on this board will fawn over the former without ever realizing Terry implemented their feature sets more efficiently, did it singlehandedly, and in the manner ordained by God.

codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/

Also,
github.com/topics/holyc

Why don't we fork it and make it the unbotnetted glow in the dark repellant os?

You are glowing in the dark, my melanin enriched CIA operator friend

i hope that a thousand years from now there's some monastery or something dedicated to this miracle of an os

damn terry btfo

who knows but good movie rite

TempleOS demonstrates that it is still possible to make technology the old-fashioned way.
It's 2018 and Terry Davis had a brain that was still working in 1991 terms. That time when computers were simple enough to be opened and analyzed by a student but complex enough to start transforming them into the technological pillar of the future.

TempleOS should not exist. Against all technical, academic and commercial logic, making Temple from absolute zero is simply madness. A "waste" of time for 90% of the community.

And yet, against all odds, here it is. It's like finding a silver nugget inside a glacier.

github.com/endrazine/wcc

heard about this for the first time today and what a fucking shitshow.

It's completely worthless in any practical use.

We would need a CIA nigger free processor to start with

>this nigger doesn't know what a random number is

Cool project user! Do you know how it compares to tcc?