Tablets for reading mango/manga

Let's talk on tablets and more generally, the best ones for reading mango. Is there an optimal tablet to read mango on? I've seen e-ink being recommended here sometimes, but that isn't the most optimal thing given that there's so much colored content.

Attached: 8gLn63c.jpg (784x1045, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mXiiaprv3do
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Likebook, Onyx, Kobo

Kindles are too small desu

Attached: 20181230_172029.jpg (1836x1836, 1.06M)

pocket book inpad 3 (still has sd card slot) is pretty good for my books and mango, 7.8 burgercm is a nice size.
e-ink is truly great for mango. if you need more of an allrounder, something like an amoled tab s2/s3 is better, obviously. unsure which colored content you're talking about btw.

>amoled tab s2/s3
this

Just make sure you buy two for true side by side reading

>pwm garbage for reading
Fuck off retard

i tried to read manga on pic-related. it's too fucking slow

Attached: Amazon-Kindle-and-Kindle-Keyboard-Readers-Receive-Firmware-4-1-2-and-3-4-1-469921-4.jpg (1000x1000, 65K)

reMarkable

Mi Pad 4/4 Plus

shh, then OP will give up his fool's errand and come home to e-ink

>amoled
>pwm
not OP but I was considering this sort of shit for a few months but the damn prices of tab s2/3/4 put me off
grabbed a lenovo e8 for $100, its basic bitch tier 1gb ram but it takes an sdcard has no perceivable pwm to me or my camera at 0% brightness (it so cheap it doesn't have a light sensor so you need to adjust that manually)

will see how it goes and if its not great then I'm only out $100 big woop can just wipe the jizz stains off it and gift it to someone
other tablets I had my eye on were alldocube x (samsung AMOLED panel but white fuckin bezels), tab s4 (cucked by gooks on RAM given the premium price) and asus ct100 (not out yet but 35Wh/10k-ish mAh battery, built in pen and aimed at clumsy kiddos so basically indestructible compared to the likes of samsung (non-business) tablets or bendomatic ipads)

I have a Kobo Glo HD. It's pretty good for reading manga, but far from perfect -- if you know Japanese and read raw, it's quite painful to read the furigana because it's so small and the zoom is fucking slow.

can't you zoom in on the furigana so you can read it?

Yeah, but as I said... the zoom is slow and clunky.

man i miss nisekoi.

I read manga on kobo aura one (outside, bathtub and traveling) and ipad 10.5 2017 (at home).
I like bigger size, colour screen, faster zoom, faster pageturn (when I have to go back when missing something) and easy screenshots on ipad. I like kobo for eink, lightweight (can read while standing), waterproofing and long battery life.
Overall I would go for kobo if I had to choose between them.

Attached: image.jpg (1668x2224, 1.83M)

would to recommend a tablet for a shut in where portability and waterproofing doesn't matter?

>mango/mang

Grow up.

kindle fire hd 10 since it's $99.

it's back to $149

I use a surface pro 2 for doujins and eroge pretty comfy but I wish it had a 3:2 display

Xiaomi do cheap tablets that look like iPad mini clones desu they seem pretty decent and don't have 16:9 screen

Attached: anyannko_unknown_original_questionable_2b39c39ff576f4da54ebfcbdcd5a07bf.jpg (1800x2400, 723K)

Yes, I think so.

I use a mediapad m5. It has a great 16:10 display, with good colors and great viewing angle. Performance is great too and since it's part of Android for business, it'll get plenty updates.

I know the thread is for discussing different tablets, but I just got a 15 inch surface book 2. What is a great windows program for reading manga? And where do you go for downloading manga?

I'd make a donation for Tachiyomi on Windows

Just emulate it lmao

Kindle is great for traveling. Loved having my books on vacation to read with the ocean in the background. I have been thinking about getting a Boox for school though.

Attached: 574700-onyx-boox-max-2-7.jpg (810x456, 102K)

What I also like about Amazon's products is that they sync with Audible. This lets me listen to my books in my car, then when I'm reading in bed I can jump right where I left off and read along.

I've not really had issues with size, but I also have good near vision and don't read mangos very often.

Attached: 20190107_020912-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 414K)

what size do you guys think is just right? i have a surface book 13inch and think it's way to big to comfortably hold reading manga

you have to get one thats 4:3. im using a tab s2 but amoled displays are disgusting soo... its the perfect tankobon size almost

>What I also like about Amazon's products is that they sync with Audible. This lets me listen to my books in my car, then when I'm reading in bed I can jump right where I left off and read along.
this reads awfully like an ad.

utaha senpai a cute

Only tablets you should be reading are the ten commandments, fucking degenerate

I have a Lenovo Tab 4 10' and it works great for manga.
May be overkill for 1 page at a time, but it's great for side-by-side pages.

It's also useful for general media consumption such as TV shows and anime, so it's a complete package.

bought mine at 9980yen
:^)
it's pretty smooth.
2x a72 coars is enough for web browsing.
gpu is slow for 3d.
i installed jewgle for teh lulz.
and dns666 for ad block.

the ips 1200p is great.
stereo speaker is unexpectedly good for a tablet.
probably because there is an air gap from the battery to its case, so sound reverberates inside it.

Lots of variance ITT, I'd thought there would be more consensus desu.

Attached: sweating Dia.png (740x437, 410K)

Mipad 4 Plus looks pretty good as an iPad clone. Shame that's it's over $300, I'd instant pick it if it were $250.

Jow Forumsods of tech, how do I pirate manga onto a Kindle

ipad

>torrent/tachiyomi dl and transfer to pc
>KCC
>transfer to kindle with calibre

I have an ancient PocketBook. It dosent do comics and it dosent have a backlight, but I got it for cheap.
I want a proper e-reader because I'm fag but I'm poor.
I read manga on my cruddy Lenovo tablet instead.
Does anybody else downscale their larger manga archives for tablet/e-reader reading? I try to jew on space.

If only ;_;

How to get LN onto my Kobo with koreader?
Download HTML and convert them? If so to what file type?

I use my shitch

Attached: IMG_20190107_155942.jpg (2160x3840, 571K)

inkpad 3 still has a sd card slot so i jew less on space and just convert to epub in an appropriate size since the res of the screen is high (also 300 dpi is pretty much a must for manga anyway.)
what did you expect? I've tried a 7.8in ereader, a Tab S2 and a surface pro 5 for manga reading and the ereader is by far the comfiest and best for your eyes, also comes pretty close to reading a physical manga.
Books and manga on e-ink and everything else on the other tablets. I'm shilling the Inkpad3 because it has an sd card slot and a 300dpi screen. I don't like being limited by small internal storage just because the companies selling the devices are jew niggers.

That boy has a nice pussy.

Attached: dunnoako.jpg (1000x834, 77K)

Where are you supposed to get Pocketbooks in Burgerland? I only see them sold in weird Eurozones.

I'm using a Galaxy Tab S3 right now and I'm honestly really happy with it, though it might not be the ideal tablet if you just want to read manga.
It's not the cheapest of tablets after all. However it is one of the few that has an OLED screen (and 4:3 even), so that makes up for it quite well imo.

Attached: tabS3.jpg (976x1301, 382K)

RIP

Color e-ink never ever

Attached: overly religious body swap man is shocked.jpg (520x718, 70K)

I use an ipad, so I can read mango and western

Is that pic from an anime?

Gromoire of Zero

What device?

Re:Creators

I've got an old nook color I used to run cyanogen on to use as a tablet. I want to turn it back

I read on chinese rip-off of second fruitpad mini. It's surprisingly good overall.

I love this guy

i have a Kobo Glo HD, too.
But since I got a Galaxy Tab A 2016 I dont use it anymore.The Galaxy Tab A is just the better overall device and it has amazing battery life.
Somehow the standby time of the Tab A is better than the one of the ebook Reader (and yes, I have the Wifi on the Kobo turned off)

Anything that can't run Tachiyomi isn't worth using.

I wish there were iOS and windows ports.

Just use Perfect Viewer? The fuck do I need to fetch mango from fucking mangafox of all places?

The reduced contrast on e-ink displays vs paper makes it a frustrating reading experience for me.

What a beautiful woman

>being such a fag that you report posts
Boku no zero
Its the bing bing wahoo 5000, can run Linux if you don't like ninties os and homebrew. Linux has no audio though

Attached: IMG_20190107_173835.jpg (3480x4640, 3.99M)

Try actually using it. With mangadex as source, its library functions and viewer are perfect.

I personally can't live without the option to intelligently crop borders, on my tablet with an awkward display ratio and smaller display it makes the actual content larger and more readable.

Thinking about grabbing the Galaxy Tab S2(if Lineage OS is still a thing) or the Mi Pad 4 plus. The latter is looking especially slick, but I'm skeptical of the rom and the chink shit. If I was going chink shit, why not grab the Teclast T20 instead? I just want to read manga.

user are you eating barbecue sauce?

Attached: 1543951895130.jpg (354x259, 36K)

>switch nigger is a dumb lolicon

Have I got the technology for you

Attached: 52085092-old-woman-reading-a-book-with-a-magnifying-glass.jpg (1300x867, 90K)

Ok? Sorry for mentioning a neat feature that I found, that for some anons can be a genuine reason to want a kindle over a chink eink.

>paying for audiobooks

Challenger Viewer has the best cropping and Lanczos resize makes everything look nice and sharp.

I don't know why Android has such shitty comic viewers. Certainly one of you autist degenerates knows how to code a better one?

w-whats wrong with bbq sauce desu

Attached: 1485333021068.jpg (2335x2507, 685K)

Attached: 1408480976650.jpg (603x1431, 144K)

Just get an iPad. Even the older ones are really good ebook readers

Nintendo switch.

No dude.... pirating books and reading them on your Kindle is fast, nice and comfy, but reading manga in a ebook? even in a tablet… anta baka OP?

Shitch is comfy desu

Attached: 70992610_p0.jpg (2480x3507, 709K)

Surface Pro 6 is great in this regard. High quality releases looks absolutely gorgeous on the large screen and the 3:2 aspect ratio is nearly perfect for most manga. Obviously though, it's way too expensive to recommend purely for manga. I suggest looking for a device with a 3:2 screen that is large enough to not need zooming in and out, even for double-page spreads. If you can't get something with a 3:2 AR, try to at least go for 4:3, 16:9 and even 16:10 are pretty terrible for manga and will waste a good portion of the screen.

Attached: IMG_20181209_035722.jpg (1728x2304, 2.59M)

Does anyone know a way to increase contrast in Tachiyomi or an ereader itself for viewing manga?

I just got a my likebook mars but some manga appear so faint and I can't find any contrast settings like a brainlet.

Kek that's nasty desu, i don't eat the BBQ sauce just had it on pizza a few days ago

Attached: 1542350189089.jpg (1624x2362, 885K)

I'll try this again.
I've got an old nook color with cyanogen and I want to turn it back into a nice eReader, is their a good operating system I can flash that isn't the stock modified android?

Long press on the app icon from the Launcher and check the Start Custom Grayscale Adjustment box and adjust the Picture slider

Also try to uncheck the Open application contrast enhancement box

I have the surface book 2 and can confirm, pretty comfy.
What mango is that btw?

Who the fuck still reads nowadays, it's a deprecated form of entertainment and a pure blunder when anime exists. I will never understand manga/LNfags

Attached: 1546733622583.jpg (640x480, 34K)

Saving for this. Very opensource friendly.

Yep. Between RSS, torrents, rsync, and cron, i get new content loaded into it automatically every night(ish)

That is way better than before, I had no idea.

Thank you.

In my experience, getting a tablet would be the best option for reading manga.
>Better navigation
>Better application library
>Better hardware
If you can get Nvida shield, it's better buck for performance.
Or look into huawei mediapad series.
Samsung have high and downs with tablets, generally speaking the S seres is their high end, Tab S4 is the best option, there are cheaper models like the S2.
You can go for the kindle fire HD if you just want something cheap.
>t. an idiot who fell for the e-ink reader

What are you using ?
I'm getting Surface Go.
The surface line is truly comfy computing.

But e-ink is so nice looking and uses so little power.

me

>fan
>comfy
Uh

This and it looks more like a manga than most tablet screens.

Xiaomi is based, get the mi pad 4

>straw-man fallacy
Yes, E-ink use next to no power.
Yes, E-ink images looks crisp.
But that's a selling point for media that's text heavy, for a media that's image heavy the E-ink isn't really the best option for it.
>But what about this
youtube.com/watch?v=mXiiaprv3do
Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.

When I place it over my chest while I sleep, the weight and warmth of it help me sleep.
The fan is just the way she "breathe"

>for a media that's image heavy the E-ink isn't really the best option
Why not? I read a whole volume of berserk just for kicks on my Kobo clara hd and it was fine.