$300 for a raspberry pi chassis

>$300 for a raspberry pi chassis
Yikes

Attached: image.jpg (640x758, 242K)

That's more money than a cheapo Chromebook. Nope, the pi is small enough for like a handheld. It may be more useful for a handheld emulation machine.

>babby's first attempt at copying steve jobs

>just a big plastic case with a screen for a terribly designed and hugely overrated SBC
>>Inventor's Kit
I fucking hate "maker" culture. It's only slightly less cringy than /v/tards who put off the shelf computer parts together and tell you they built it.

Attached: 1546555829301.jpg (734x741, 45K)

>still better than a macbook in every way

>raspberry pi chassis
>has screen
what? u stupid nigga

>He spergs over semantics between built and assembled
>He thinks just because he can build a computer it's common knowledge
>He doesn't realize basic IT knowledge is legitimately a specialized field nobody needs to know about

Attached: c05736bd2611e9e38775f416abb7080a8c174ad1f4afc08218696e871ca1b615.png (568x433, 122K)

I got my job by telling them I built a computer, true story.

Doing what, working at best buy?

>That's more money than a cheapo Chromebook
This.

markerting manager.
they wanted someone "techie" and thought I could "synergize" with the programmers.
Good times.

>he thinks copying and pasting from PC building general and logicalincrements to play video games fast and pretend you're smart on facebook is particularly skillful or otherwise worthy of respect

>buy a sbc
>realize building anything with it is more expensive than just purchasing an off the shelf product with better specs
>realize you have been jewed

>He doesn't realize that underneath the bland superficial actions shows passion and interest outside of his comfort zone
>He doesn't realize this is the first steps towards self Discovery and passion
>He wants to put other people down just because he feels good about doing some new

not that guy but is skillful. literally on that alone you can go from being laboring brainlet to someone making over the median US income.

Milk that dumb shit for all it's worth, user.

Oops used passion as an argument twice. Kill me now.

>He doesn't realize these are the first steps towards self Discovery and growth
Better? Fixed grammar too.

Also this

I don't give a fuck about the bigger one, but I'd do anything for that smaller 11".
I'm pissed, he's reselling a larger one that's already on Ali, but bizzarly, he's doing it much cheaper. The 11's not on Ali yet, I hope it actually gets made regardless of if the campaign fails, even if it ends up more expensive
>Hey chink, if I can sell 1000x of these, will you sell them to me for $20 each?
>Ror soor piggu, goe aheadu

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 6.41.25 pm.png (1314x567, 450K)

The "Inventor's Kit" is actually a breadboard, couple LEDs and resistors, not the case.

Attached: Inventors kit.jpg (970x728, 84K)

Presumably it's modifiable.

Would be a good gentoo laptop

There are a lot of expensive pi kits now. Rich parents seem to fall for these shit memes quite often

It is a gold mine. Arduino kits more so.

I did also. During the interview we all went to lunch and they were talking about their systems and how it was pretty much a biohazard for all living things who weren't extremely well versed in technology and I told them I built computers and fooled around with linux and whatnot as a hobby and that's how I got my job.
>human resources guy
And that's how I became an HRIS administrator without any knowledge of programming or databases beyond excel. I have impostor's syndrome in a huge way, but I do all sorts of "normal" human resources bullshit that I hope when I destroy their system they'll just put me in a corner somewhere and let me do payroll stuff.

$300 gets you a sweet used thinkpad

I do it to make webms faster.

You can buy a used thinkpad for a 100$ thats actually usable for shit.

Pinebook exists and is 100$.

noooooo, stop buying stuff

Thinkpad doesn't have GPIO pins or a shit ton of empty space inside for your own boards.
Although I have a hard time imagining a situation that would absolutely require putting shit inside the laptop case instead of a small external box.

Does that shit even come with a battery btw?

You do realize you can just get a USB GPIO module, right? Stop being a retard.

Also, check out pic related. Fuck me, you can just scrap everything inside the case (including the motherboard) and add your blueberry donut inside it while finding a screen that fits inside of the display housing. It's actually not hard at all.

Attached: 1_16JfU2FCBhtS_LPWtyL25Q.png (768x538, 325K)

>You do realize you can just get a USB GPIO module

Yes, hence the mention of an external box.

Finding a screen that will work with Pi out of the box and won't look like hacked together piece of shit in a Thinkpad casing IS pretty hard. It should be easier to get a HDMI to LVDS adapter and program it to work with the original LCD. (Plus a Thinkpad keyboard to USB adapter, for which schematics and software exist on the internet, plus a charge controller)