I want to wipe my sister's OS with Windows 10 on it, install Linux...

I want to wipe my sister's OS with Windows 10 on it, install Linux, and make it look and function as similar to Windows 7 as possible. She said she liked Windows 7 and I'm going to try to convince her it's what she's using. Any suggestions?

Attached: 0.png (580x435, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oo-software.com/en/shutup10
distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=zorin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nevermind, i have figured it out.

What? Figured what out?

The best way on modern DEs would be Cinnamon for the Win7 panel theme and Vista window decorations + icons. I did notice doing similar research about 2 years back that there used to be an extremely close copycat in the Gnome2 days using compiz that also achieved a closer looking UI with that slight blur, but going the extra mile to be 95% accurate these days isn't worth it desu, the former solution gets it close to 90% cloned.

Just install Windows 7, dont fool your sister.

installed gentoo for her but she isn't happy, still had sex though.

Domt be a fucking nigger and if you want her to try gnu/linux, dualboot her laptop.
>partition her drive
>install win7 first
>inatall debian on the other partition, and rice it to look good and practical, not to look like a fucking chinese copy.

Shouldn't be hard to do. She will have two of the best regarded OSs, happy she actually got what she asked for and more, and might make the gnu/switch on her own.

Stop torturing your sister.

No, it's fun. She's kinda dumb and only uses it for internet browsing anyway.

Just install LTSC for her and activate it. No upgrades ever, just security updates. She'll be set for 10 years at which point you can move her to the newest LTSC release.

enjoy her files getting deleted

Don't be a dick and forget to transfer her personal files. Otherwise, cool prank

Attached: 20181215_fish_release_the_spyce.png (1280x720, 575K)

>DURR SOME BETA TESTERS MANUALLY INSTAL BETA VERSION AND LOST FILES M$ SUX!!!11
Fuck off retard.

Just make a VM of each, and then have her do a blind test.

q4os

kys yourself cuck

Clicking "check for updates" isn't the same as agreeing to install a beta version of software

Ubuntu + KDE

I forced my sister to use mint. She really hates libreoffice

Attached: 1544411590522.jpg (670x720, 106K)

pls help Jow Forums
how to i get my imouto to let me nakadashi her

Attached: 1544358250914.jpg (880x1231, 145K)

Yeah it's just for fun and challenge of it honestly, I want to see if she figures it out in the first place since she says they use Windows 7 at her work (she's just a receptionist). I'm going to be making a full backup of all her files, and her laptop will run 10x faster without all that Windows 10 bloatware.

Who wouldn't?
To claim that it is an alternative to the commercial option is to lie.

>I'm going to try to convince her it's what she's using
Bad idea.

Is she 60 years old or something near that?

I'm interested in this as well, but for when 7 is completely abandoned and I'm forced to switch to Linux. No way in hell will I downgrade to Win10.

LTSB > LTSC

Windows 10 LTSB you moron, it's literally Windows 10 without all the bloatware and you can disable all the botnet with oo-software.com/en/shutup10 this.

Don't become a linuxfag.

and what happens when she tries to install spotify and you need to fucking do it through the terminal

>I want to wipe my sister's OS
OS? is that short for "Orrible Shithole"

I'll preinstall all the programs she already uses

you don't have a sister

lol no you don't. most distros come with either flatpak or snap support out of the box and they both have that electron cancer within their repos.

zorin is probably the way to go
distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=zorin

I installed dualboot of windows7 and stock ubuntu (used to be 16.04, now 18.04) on my sisters x220 thinkpad.
When i asked her how is it working half a year later, she said that she used to work on windows, but it got so slow that she decided to try Ubuntu.
Now she only uses Ubuntu and we wiped the windows partition.
Protip: Be gentle and jam it in there slowly. She will love it sooner than you think.

Attached: animu_grill.jpg (640x478, 52K)

>it's literally Windows 10 without all the bloatware and you can disable all the botnet
kek

Attached: 14c2af8efbbd446efbb3b10cce595b43.jpg (640x633, 42K)

Why are you mean to your family members user?

sent you a pm with the fix :)

>Protip: Be gentle and jam it in there slowly. She will love it sooner than you think.
that should be placed in the linux manuals.

>She really hates libreoffice
This has me wondering about what would happen if she complains about it too, but I don't know how often she actually uses Office programs. Do I just tell her to use Google docs if she doesn't like LibreOffice? She's going to be using YouTube and Gmail anyway.

Google Docs is subpar compared to MS Office, especially if she has to do equations or anything more than rudimentary formatting.

>especially if she has to do equations
Ha, that's a good one. If anything all she'd really be using them for is essays and powerpoint.

install wps office, it looks much more like microsoft's office than libreoffice and it also supports microsoft document standards.
it also just werks and its written in Qt.
>inb4 chink botnet
its what you have to sacrifice for being a dumb normalfag

Oh yeah, I forgot about WPS. Well it's a meme build anyway and she's a normie doesn't care about botnet in the slightest. Looks like a pretty convincing clone.

Lol'd and upvoted.

Pclinuxos

Why would a normie ever boot into Debian instead of Windows

How about, instead you try not being a faggot? Leave her shit alone you aspie fucknugget. For all you know, she's got important data that isn't backed up.

>Inb4 her fault for not having backups
No, it's his fault for wanting to fuck with someone else's belongings without their permission. That's not okay. I hope she wipes OP's computer and installs MSDOS 6.x but changes the prompt to look like a Linux shell prompt and adds a batch file to his PATH that aliases dir to ls, etc.

just install windows 7

THIS IS NOT A RECOMMENDED COURSE OF ACTION
Do a dual boot and let her try it side by side, faster boot and environment with the same convenience should win her over

Attached: 1544628164186.jpg (415x476, 28K)

There's not a single theme for any Linux DE that can mimick Windows properly. They just can't develop something that looks good. So your best bet is cinnamon.

Everyone that I recommended Libreoffice ended in a repair shop to get MS Office back lmao

Don't trick your family members.

i hate libreoffice too

Give that hoe vim so she can appreciate what she's got

You’re a cunt off a brother, fuck off.

I don't think anyone really likes libreoffice, but it's the only option freetards got

the absolute state of FOSS

Isn't it kinda the case for almost any freetard software option in a "normalfag" area of use? You either use wine or using worse software than on windows.

I dont really get all that libreoffice hate.
I never felt anything is missing from it, it always does whatever i need it to do.
Is baby duck syndrome really that strong?
>pic related, baby duck.

Attached: Ahiru.jpg (308x437, 78K)

Fuvk your sister

>Is baby duck syndrome really that strong?
yes but libreoffice is just shit.
use wps office or latex or google docs (if you're a normalfag brainlet)

Even WPS is better desu, Libreoffice is just garbage.

the value of proprietary software is negative

Fucking cultists lol

the value of open source crapware is simply inexistent

>he hasn't mastered the art of trolling his younger siblings

>last online: 4 years ago

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Fucking cultists,
is in fact, GNU/Cultists, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Cultists.
Fucking is not something all cultist do, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Cult system made useful by the KHAOS GODS.

Attached: cultist.jpg (312x313, 30K)

But why?

Attached: computer.png (245x182, 7K)

kek freetards are like atheists/leftists, so desperate to spread their brain disease
Loonex browsers still don't have gpu video encoding :^)

Linux Mint Xfce or Cinnamon

Only plebs watch video in the browser :^)

Drug her.
Do you think the ass rapings in prison will be worth it, though?

>atheism makes less sense than believing in magic and gods
*tips fedora*
Kys, autist.

kek stay sperg

gnu/linux > windows

kek stay cope

this

I'd smash her cunt and orgasm looking at it so she stops hating it

Why not as a prank , rape your sister?

> Windows 10 without all the bloatware
> you can disable all the botnet
hahaha

everyone you recommended it likes sodomy

lim n->0+ > -N
stay off electronics

> kys fag
Actually, just let darwin take the wheel for you

I asked my sister if she wanted to go back to windows 10. She said no because shes afraid of viruses.

do you hope she lets you fuck her when you're done?

>believes in chance
>believes in "true random"
>"haHaH! Nigga, everything just fell in place an sheit. Like, probability, like completely disappears if the time is long enough. Lmao. It's just an amazing accudent. Lol. Life just, finds a way. Lol."
Imagine being this much of an autist and still having the gall to bitch about others. Go kys.

lol chill the fuck out

>you can disable all the botnet

Attached: SmugAnimeGirl.gif (340x340, 137K)

in this thread: clueless zoomers

>making your sister use libreoffice
>not making her learn LaTeX

Attached: 1531793009644.gif (286x258, 2.51M)

Considering Microsoft Office is literally an online service nowadays your sister is a retard.

> A magical man made this
> There is more than this universe, have faith
> Lol nigga, like just read this book. Don't worry about who wrote it or their motives. Hahah! God is great, sing it with me. Catch the mania of belonging to a group of delusional schizophrenics.

Not understanding the history of earth is sad user, none of it was "random".

First make a backup of all her files.
Secondly install Fedora with KDE and a Windows 10 theme.

Attached: linux10.png (1366x768, 251K)

You actually can, just isolate computer into local network amd use proxy from trusted linux machine on this network to browse internets.

>itt; autistic sperg forces inferior OS onto his family for "reasons" and then quickly reverts it back because she can't double click an .exe and install the software she needs.
have fun!

You could also setup a hardware firewall and disable all microsoft analytics domains.

You're the one that believes in "magic" you atheikike.
>Hurr, if subatomic particles bump into one another for billions of years, they'll eventually form complex life-forms.
It is you who don't even have comprehension the shit that you yourself mindlessly regurgitate everywhere. If you weren't a hypocrite, you'd just go kys.

Or if you're that much of a privacy paranoid, you could just.. you know, use Linux and stop fucking around.