/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: hd600-large1_2048x2048.jpg (1024x1024, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FEfiZgBi
youtube.com/watch?v=lFcHo4wAtpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for beyers

Where are the feet?

Nice nobass no-soundstage mudcannons OP, now post some non-harmantardon trash

pastebin.com/FEfiZgBi

Friendly reminder that HD600 is the best headphone in the world.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE FEET?

>no anime OP
kill yourself's self

>shilling for Olive Oil’s shabbos goy 70 participant study
What did the harmantardon cultist mean by this?

Been listening to HD600 for a few days, I love their transparency and treble. I don't find them bright or totally boring like other neutral headphones I've used and really enjoy the detail. But I definitely wish there was a bit more warmth and bass to enjoy listening uncritically. I listen to mostly pop and female vocals, and the HD600 treble is perfect, but the overall sound is just "there" and doesn't pull me in the way I'd like it to sometimes.

Should I buy the HD650 (HD6XX isn't an option for me) which I can get for around the same price to test and sell one of them? I'm not sure if the difference is actually big enough to go through that hassle, and I'm worried clarity will be lacking or the treble will seem veiled in comparison.

Get something that’s not harmantardon NPC trash.

Between HD 600 and 660s I couldn't hear that much of a difference. I doubt 650 will be a big enough difference.

Harmantard is literally seething and on suicide watch right now.

Attached: beyer macht frei.jpg (1274x716, 53K)

>be me
>be itty bitty harmantardon
>worship St. Olive Oil like jesus except jesus isn’t real lol
>his sample size 70 studies will save this world from subjectivist silver cable audiophoolery
>use harman target EQ on all my headphones (that’s my samsung IEMs, my HD600 when my replacement headband arrives, my dt880 and my k612, as you can see i have eclectic and varied taste in headphones) to listen to anime theme songs
>it sounds like wet mud being played through a field of quicksand but i don’t care, St. Olive Oil said it’s the listener’s preferred choice so it must be the best
>go on the 4channel board known as Jow Forums
>see people talking about “stax”
>they say it sounds good
>impossible, it doesn’t follow St. Olive Oil’s Harman target curve, it must sound like shit
>shitpost day and night for 3 months about the Cul- i mean Church of St. Olive Oil
>one day decide it’s enough
>post a poll comparing two graphs (it has the glorious Harman curve as dictated by St. Olive Oil to point out which one is clearly superior)
>ask people to vote
>they choose the clearly inferior headphone that doesn’t follow the Cult- fuck I mean Church of St. Olive Oil
>mfw

Attached: 431A702E-CC26-4B2C-B1A5-4F433B81E4DC.jpg (750x1035, 141K)

Currently listening to mine. Not good for long usage though, because of clamp force, but for a few songs it's bliss.

Can you listen to speakers in your place?
If the answer is yes then just buy speakers, will save you some money.

Asking adi 2 dac owners

>no anime OP
>best headphones instead
Nice thread
>anime
>>>/Jow Forums.org/

Behold, the average harmantardon, uprooting /hpg/ culture and replacing it with his jewish “objectivist” garbage. Literally no different from white genocide.

Reminder that different people can like different headphones and that's okay

Attached: IMG_20190107_175047.jpg (2927x2780, 1.55M)

Trust me clamp force will stop being a problem when the headband snaps lmao

I now have a beyerdynamics Custom Studio.
Did I got meme'd?

I mean they are nice.
But somehow I still miss my on-ear 50€ sennheiser pc151 bought 8 years ago.
The sound was ... nicer?

I'm inclined to agree, but I think Tesla owners are just better, more cultured people.

Attached: IMG_20181022_215255.jpg (2976x1674, 1.03M)

>snapheiser vs beyerremorse
The answer is that both of them suck lmaoooooo

>is a mentally ill sissy faggot
>likes dicks and getting abused
>it's so different (in cursive)

How the fuck can you tolerate the flaming pile of shit that is the T1 and variants? I’m no snapheiser shill but the T1 is genuinely awful.

I don't know what he is talking about, because I use linux. I output through a ALSA driver and it changes bitrate on a fly if I have several songs in different formats without any problems.
How do expect it to operate though? It is going through a windows mixer which means you HAVE to select one sample rate.
If you want to do "switch-on-the-fly" then you will need ASIO (or whatever windows is using rn to do that) to give control of sound card input to one piece of software.

so what is better around ~170€ and closed over-ear?

harmantardons absolutely and irrevocably dabbed on

Attached: 1503460249772.jpg (466x435, 37K)

beats

>Budget
500€
>Location
Europe
>Type of headphone
Got a good SS amp, so anything goes
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Maximum
>Sound signature
good bass
>Past headphones
Mr Speakers Alpha dog

cringe
kys

Ah ok. He did mention this issue might be windows only since he didn't test it on linux/gnu and macos. I'll just grab this anyway and see if I can live with UAC2 driver.

Stax are audiophool garbage

Attached: 20190105_063226.jpg (3024x4032, 2.94M)

Alpha dogs are great. A little lacking in bass I reckon. Try a second hand th900 for max comfort and bass, although not an open back design.

Planars open back are basically chifiman and audezee and they aren't comfortable. Audezee being ridiculously heavy and chifiman, well it's chink shit.

t. butthurt harmantardon

Attached: IMG_20190107_122709.jpg (3024x4032, 2.96M)

>SS amp
Buy some Nazidynamics.

>gaymer peripherals
>stax incel
Can't say I'm surprised about this.

Imagine being so stupid that you can't understand why the frequency response that comes out of Dr. Olive's research is objectively the best?
Thankfully it's only resulting in stupid people and those who are gullible enough to listen to them ending up with inferior sound while the PEQ magnetfi+stax elites look on with pity.
They hate what they don't understand.

Attached: IMG_20170524_085232.png (308x326, 173K)

>herro kitty
Post feet cute user

youtube.com/watch?v=lFcHo4wAtpU

Stax is magic

Just download test files from RME website, play them through your player of choice, it will show if playback is bit perfect (it has tests for 44.1/96/192 samplerate and 16/24/32 depth for each one of them) and if it is then you definitely can live with that.

kek I have a gf so no

why do you keep using jewish tricks?

Attached: jew-is-satan-in-human-form.jpg (515x390, 32K)

that's crazy. the headphones on that list that I have heard I would rank in exactly the same way.
i've been telling people the SINE is the only good headphone audeze has ever made but they can't believe it because it's not $4000.

lmao harmantardon absolutely destroyed, how will they ever recover

Attached: 1500584504724.gif (662x498, 718K)

I successfully sent off my ATH M50's for repair. Everyone in this thread was like "Just buy a new pair." I decided to not buy a new pair because it was a minor problem with an easy fix. Now if one of the ear cups stopped working or the cable was fucked, then I could justify buying a new pair. But for less than 50 bucks I have a practically brand new pair of headphones.

Not bad if I do say so myself.

measurement bias

that sound like shit

What is the connection between that picture and your lack of understanding of Dr. Olive's work?
You would prefer his target FR in an unbiased test just like everyone else.

Reminder /hpg/ is the property of beyersoldatten and STAXchads. Harmanshitters can fuck off and die.

Attached: 1519066918518.png (360x594, 241K)

please do this!

I don't think the M50's sound like shit, they sound better than my Hyper X Cloud headset so, fuck off.

I would prefer his FR, but the thing harmantardons don't get is that their dynamic shitphones will never be able to compete with real hi fi. Even with perfect EQ

no I prefer 15dB niggerbass, lol

These are good semi-open headphones for the price.

Attached: Presonus HD7 Studio Headphones.png (1244x688, 334K)

>urine tastes better than feces
no shit it's still not a steak

Of course not. You want the best performing headphone and the best FR ideally but sometimes you have to compromise because of price.

this is the most autistic general in Jow Forums
you guys are worse than the minimalist fuckers

and yet, you still post here

Attached: 1504600792575.jpg (467x394, 119K)

It's so stupid too because DACs, amplifiers, and headphones/earspeakers are all solved problems.
We know objectively what is the best yet we still argue.
It's the same with CPU's and GPUs though. There are objective performance metrics for every one of them but because people chase the "what is best on average in every game ever made" notion instead of just looking at benchmarks for what they play we end up with debates over already answered questions.

what the fuck is this olive nigger shit? is it the paper nikita posts every time?

Get the 58x the bass on that baby is what you are looking for better than what you get from the 650 and the mids and highs are comparable to the 650&600.

Headphones are not a solved problem until we get personalized HRTF compensation.

yes

Nikita is that you? I thought I filtered everything perfectly and then you come up with new buzzwords

Nikita is a harman shill, he would never insult himself by calling out harmantardons

these sounded way better than I thought they would
hope they keep iterating on it

Attached: thefuck.jpg (2400x1800, 594K)

>Budget
~$100
>Location
East Asia
>Source
Mostly a computer (I don't have an amp), would be nice if it could be used on my phone too
>Type of headphone
Full, over ear
>Open or closed
Not sure. I'd be using them as my main pair and I do different things like listening to music & gaming. I'll be listening to them at home in my dorm room.
>Comfort level
As much as possible
>Sound signature
Not sure as I listen to different genres of music (classical, jazz, industrial...) Sorry for not being specific or knowledgeable
>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD 202's

>It's so stupid too because DACs, amplifiers, and headphones/earspeakers are all solved problems.
>We know objectively what is the best yet we still argue.
what the fuck are you doing here then nigger? wasting your life away on purpose?

How is the build quality and ANC? Comfort? Are the shiny pieces metal or plastic?

Which headphones for about 150 would you recommend then?

Still going to filter that shit, I don't want those apes flinging shit all the time and their stupid dick measuring contests. Both are equally cancerous.

My feet.

ok

basically yes. I practice escapism to an extreme degree where my goal at all times during the day is to make it so time isn't relevant and not something I'm thinking about.
Good movie/show/book, vidya+music, Jow Forums/instant messaging+music, certain drugs+any entertainment will all achieve this.
I want my natural death to feel like it came in a week.

my dude that's pathetic to even meme about

HD58X

detachable cable? AND WHY IN POUNDS. POUNDS IS RIPOFF

What is your favorite meme?
I really like beyersremorse and harmantardons

my favorite meme is nikita, endless source of butthurt

nostaxxer

I'm not memeing at all. I just tell the truth, sometimes altering it slightly when I want to bait, and it has that effect of coming across as a joke/meme.
This is why headphones are so fucking important to me and why I'm a total autist about them. They are a crucial tool in the way I live my life. Amazing audio vs middling audio adding another layer of stimulation on top which further distracts from the passing of time.

I like your thinking user. If you CAN get an amazing experience; then do it.

daily reminder that dt1990 is the undisputable king of mid-fi

Attached: __hibiki_kantai_collection_drawn_by_shinsoyori__9e0cf63a0190d9825fa827510304fc4b.png (1267x1843, 1.35M)

No you nigger it's denon d2000

Attached: 1546770780032.png (1200x1080, 1.02M)

If they keep being available at $400 and $350 and shit then I'll agree with you. I don't like the treble spike and I don't believe the shills who say it's not a big deal. However because they are built so well, are so fucking nice to look at, and have a pretty good driver they check a lot of boxes that the classics don't.
Anyone who EQs by ear or with presets won't care about the stock FR on headphones really so the price, comfort, and build become very important.
At their original price of $600 they are firmly outside of midfi. You could buy three HD650s for that, a SRS-3100 with an ebay coupon, etc.

I want to sniff her used pantyhose

SRS3100 is not mid fi, it's hi fi

She has pretty feet

No it's low-fi

That was the point brainlet. The DT1990 is not midfi at it's original price of $600 because you could get a SRS-3100 for that price or three mid-fi headphones.

it's trigger-nikita-fi

252s is the only good part of 3100. You need at least 507 and 300le or l700 to be hifi

thats where you are wrong m8

i think the problem with stäx is that you need the energizer to power them and that adds to their price unlike glorious dynamics which you can plug into pretty much anything

Attached: yande.re 409428 katou_megumi muririn nopan saenai_heroine_no_sodatekata saenai_heroine_no_sodatekata (2749x3914, 1003K)

I want her to sit on my face!

nah give it L700 pads and they are very competitive with higher end models

Mate, it's been years and d2000 hasn't been topped yet.

>needing mods in the first place
Miss me with the budget stax. Its mid-fi user.

lol