What's a Jow Forums approved 2D game engine/library?

What's a Jow Forums approved 2D game engine/library?

I want to make a platformer.

Attached: sbnbosgi8i721.png (960x878, 233K)

Game maker

>2D
>game engine/library
just use SDL. If you're really such a brainlet you need an engine for 2D then godot.

just checked it out and it looks like a grab and drop thing super easy to use need no programming skills at all just an idea.
and i was thinking of making an equivalent 2d game in pygame with python and it would still look garbage when such a platform exist

Godot

didnt even knew there were such platforms that spoon-feed you to make a game in general and from the look of it they look pretty decent. and im here trying to learn a whole programming language to make some garbage from scratch

bump

SDL
SFML

Make your own.

ncurses is all you need

The hard part of 2D video games is artwork, most are trivial to program even if you just use a framework/library rather than an engine.

Godot, because it's MIT-licensed, runs on Windows, macOS, Linux, Haiku, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Android, iOS and HTML5.

You can use GDScript (like Python), C/C++ and C# to create your game.

It's pretty easy and you will learn it very fast.

SDL2. Don't bother with anything else, they're all bloated pieces of shit. And you want Jow Forums approved then it has to be written in C.

Fuck me, is this the case. I wish I could make some crude drawing, push them through some kind of AI and out would pop acceptable artwork.

Just keep making sprites until you get good. We were all bad once.

SDL, alternatively godot.
>pic
Actually, pac-man was originally named "puck-man" by its japanese creator, but they changed it to "pac-man" afterwards because it sounded too much like "fuck-man".

Attached: 72a.jpg (600x800, 77K)

>Actually, pac-man was originally named "puck-man" by its japanese creator, but they changed it to "pac-man" afterwards because it sounded too much like "fuck-man
It was also because teenagers would scratch off the P to look like an F. Thanks Scott Pilgrim

Attached: For Allah-Sama.jpg (600x378, 67K)

Are the SDL bindings any good? Can you work with them? I hate C++

>engines
>libraries

Are you serious? Are you that much of a brainlet you have to resort to that shit?
The only way to do a game is from scratch, only using the API your OS provides. Everything else is fucking bloated and useless.

Raylib

based and suicidepilled