uncompressed 16bit

>doesn't know about lossy compression

Are you retarded?

Someone didn't optimize these PNGs.
GIMP level 9 takes it down to 44.4MB.

The full size one is 1GB.

Attached: Untitled.png (363x509, 20K)

It doesn't even have to be lossy.
Also, why don't you just tell him directly that there are multiple levels of .png compression? It seems kinds ill spirited.
Probably, since he is posting with you here.

>he doesn't know about stealth

Hello, reddit.

Compressing the 1GB one is taking forever. Why didn't I pick level 7? It's like 98% of the compression for 10x the speed.

Wait a sec, gonna wubbalubadubdabb on you real quick.
>youtube.com/watch?v=wUipqdgQHMw

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 88K)

The 1.01GB one compressed down to 375MB.

Attached: Untitled.png (363x509, 17K)

I'm surprised Wikipedia doesn't run a cron job to compress their PNGs.

they shit gold, they don't give a fuck about saving space or bandwidth

Why do they keep asking for donations then?

>44.4MB
Still very large.
pingo -s9 -lossless
brings it down to 8.9 MB.

because they don't shit gold

Post the GIMP image properties. That may not be lossless.

(((Wikipedia)))

It says "original file".
The file on the website is obviously smaller, they just offer the unaltered original as well.

Even that should only be 30MB.

Even if there's 0 compression, that image can't possibly be more than 42mb!
(4500 * 3294 * 3) / (1024 * 1024) ~= 42

Bit depth is 64 which sounds retarded but it actually makes a difference when dealing with the luminosity of DSO's

Why they bothered to make this entire collage in that format is beyond me
ps the large 1x9 version is even bigger

Attached: Untitled.png (283x132, 3K)

Hosting is not even 3% of their expenses

>Net assets at end of year $ 134,949,570
Are you sure?

No need for that. I realized pingo doesn't keep the bit depth intact and has apparently no option to do so.
I'm currently trying ECT instead.

What is that? 64 bits per pixel? Per primary?

40.4 MB with ECT and this time really lossless.

>assets
yeah, pretty sure

uhm, that's a no-no word, sweetie. Gonna have to flag the video.

That size makes more sense.

For those wondering:

GIMP level 9: 44.4MBat 60 seconds
GIMP level 7: 44.6MB at 14 seconds
GIMP level 5: 44.9MB at 7 seconds
GIMP level 3: 46.3MB at 5 seconds

This is why I don't use level 9 in GIMP. It's glacial. 7 works for me.

Kek.
I mean, I get the appeal against them, fuck the trannies and FUCK niggers trying to push their politics through "being kind", but damn I wish there was more niceposting every now and then.
Sure, "you deal with it and it doesn't affect you xD", but nobody cann earnestly tell me their personality exists in a vacuum and that this won't impact them when in some way when they regularily come here.
I could filter, but what's the point really? So I just end on that note and use stupid "irony" so as to play this charade with the posters going "muh reddit" when really, it's more of a matter of the kettle calling the pot black or something along those lines.

What is ECT?
Thanks for posting the time table by the way, I will probably never use level nine again.
How would one change level 9 compression with level seven or lower even (asking for a friend)?

>What is ECT?
github.com/fhanau/Efficient-Compression-Tool
A lossless optimization tool. It goes beyond the standard compression levels that are usually offered (of course at the cost of slower compression).

Oh, so basically level 9+ in GIMP lequivalence?
Wewlad.
But it's probably shit for shitposting, since it'll take ages for anons to view an image and for me to upload it, right?
Otherwise it might be good eh.
How does it perform with .jpg of people?
(I guess it doesn't matter if you don't post them in the web anyways, only real application I can think of rn is actually sharing wallpapers or something...).
Thanks for you answer.

PNG compression is independent of decompression.

Do you notice an incredible loading time when opening this image? No.
Plus I just optimize my PNGs as I save/create them. Unless they have a large resolution like in this case it doesn't take that long either.

Attached: 1524537268459.png (1920x1045, 60K)

the nig nig word?
Nigger?

Compression.

Just finished optimizing with ETC. 342.3 MB.

Oh... okay, thanks for alleviating some of my misconceptions.

Okay, is there any way I can do this in bulk to a lot of png's or even .jpg?

Nvm, it should be doable with the exact program you linked, ETC, sorry for even asking, it's just I never used something like this before, so I am not sure.
I can't even into linux.

ECT doesn't provide any binaries. Do you know how to compile from source?
If no I'd advise pingo, which is a lot faster and almost as efficient as ECT. The only drawback (as I discovered just now) are PNGs with a higher bit depth, but they are still the exception if you just casually browse the web.

>github.com/fhanau/Efficient-Compression-Tool
Hmmm. I mean, I am working on even getting along with linux, so that probably answers your question.
Also: what commands do I need/could I need to configure the network for voidlinux?
I really want to enter this world, even if I can't really use it (and will have to keep using win10 in the mean time) for a long time since I need to learn so much first.

Not him, normally all you need to do is enter the folder with a make or makefile with the terminal, then call make and after make install (you may have to grab make from the package manager).
But more detailed instructions building instructions you normally can find in the project page or some readme in the repository.

If you're lacking in some dependencies it should complain to you so you can fix that.