Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html#for-pc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>inb4

Attached: IMG_1403.png (618x968, 530K)

where's the notch

pretty interesting

This thread is copy pasta
Are you trying to ruin this phones reputation by shilling it like a bunch of jews?
Is requesting 700$ for it not enough based puri.jew?

Attached: 9184596A-3A36-45CE-ABC3-6B5501C83BCC.jpg (469x354, 20K)

It isn't $700 you utter retard.

I fucking hate debian

Planning on buying mine with crypto.

>posted from my $1k iphone

It is a modified verson of pureos. Not stock Debian. It is FSF approved. Stallman will finally be able to enter the smartphone age with clear mind.

gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html#for-pc

Its on a discount faggot
And considering how much they overprice their other products it may be well over 700$ if it ever comes out

Something about trannies and something about the jews. At least that´s what I got from the last thread about this phone

It wasn't yesterday, but it is now.

I can't help but feel that this was made by someone paid to influence the market away from demanding basic functionality from their devices. You want a user-replacable battery and 3.5mm TRS? LOL! Might as well be asking for 15-pin DIN connectors!

might consider it after a few months

Definitely considering it only after about 2-3 years pass when prices go down, needed revisions are made and the software works better over time. It'll definitely by then be worthwhile after moving away from Android, and of course one of the best parts is that it's notch-less

You know it's a very real possibility that it will never pick up enough steam to warrant a successor.

Jow Forums's dream phone is no phone

Why should I buy this over a Sony XA2 and install lineage os?

IT BETTER NOT HAVE SYSTEM D

I unironically want a brick phone so it also fulfils the purpose of conceal carry

You can install any distro you want

>Monero cryptocurrency clients
no thanks, shitcoins are shit

i'm worried that's the case, and bit after cambridge analytica 2.0 will happen and will have a larger impace on public opinion, and these phones will then be highly sought after.

enjoy paypal then

>the only options are PayPal or Crypto pyramid schemes.
>t.scammer

LMAO check again fucking retard

Why not just flash LineageOS without the system apps on a V20 or something? Better build quality. Better specs. SD card support. Actually replaceable battery. FOSS alternatives to everything you need for mobile computing.

Attached: 1546327480201.png (316x320, 120K)

Please answer this I'm curious too.

LineageOS is still fundamentally rooted in Google's Android code and doesn't address the issue of binary blobs and undocumented hardware components. For Librem 5, Purism is writing a lot of code to make a mobile user interface work and they are upstreaming all of it to established FOSS/GNU/Linux projects (e.g. GNOME/GTK+ is benefiting heavily from this work). This will only make it easier for future non-Android, GNU/Linux phones to have software support and lower development costs. They're also working on creating what is essentially an ARM-based binary blob free computing platform. This will give us more options for future phones not just those from Purism, and also for future ARM-based laptops without Intel ME/AMD PSP backdoors in the hardware.

bump for answer

>Gentoo
>On your phone
Cant wait to not be able to make a phonecall because I need to recompile the Call app since I left out the GTK3 flag

>Gnome is benefiting
Then I cant support them.

based

top fucking kek

pathetic Jow Forums

Was this made in a real thread?

How is this different to Android where you miss calls because an update to the ROM can only be fixed by reflashing the entire OS?

I'm probably going to upgrade to this phone from my old Samsung S5

Fuck that, do you realize how annoying it would be to use linux on a phone how cramped it would feel and how awkward putting in commands would be without a keyboard. Mate just put lineage on it if anything that should be a Jow Forums material phone operating system. Hell why do you need some FrEe SoFtWaRe just to make a few phone calls. Hell I would say different about desktop but really it's just a phone in the end mate.