/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread: >Jow Forums Discord Server
discord.gg/jHZxsd9

Attached: 042618_0220_Thethingsab15.png (558x693, 492K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FEfiZgBi
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are some solid chink earphones?

reminder to never fall for jewish harmantardon schemes

Thanks friend.

>buy stax L700
>realize it wasn't good
>sell it after 2 months and then buy zmf autuer

Why didn't you take the true endgame redpilled headphones?

Attached: redpilled.jpg (1434x1527, 286K)

My wireless Headphones have a 2 second delay when connected with the pc. Is it because of the headphones or the adapter? Please help.
Reposting because i posted in a dying thread.

Reminder that if you believe the word of retards on youtube you belong on reddit

You could've used a lewder image, OP. And preferably with IEMs instead.

What are the most revealing headphones? Forget freq response. I want to hear everything.

So i should believe in retards in Jow Forums? Ummm i don't think so sweetie.

Attached: sissy amsr.jpg (1240x1483, 925K)

Then why are you here? Jow Forumsheadphones is waiting.

>discord

kys

pastebin.com/FEfiZgBi

It's 2019 and a single manufacturer have yet to release a headphone that tops the HD600. Why are headphone manufacturers so incompetent?

It’s 2019 and harmantardons still think their 70 participant study is remotely scientific. Why are “objectivists” so retarded?

Where are the FEET

lmao the harmantardon is super triggered and is spamming his jewish propaganda now, what a good goy

Attached: 1503728459232.gif (500x364, 191K)

Reminder that the only arguments harmantardons have is spamming /hpg/ with their autistic olive oil study and flooding it with other pseudoscientific trash. Feel free to safely disregard these untermensch.

Headphone manufacturers don't care about creating high fidelity products, they care about taking the cash of dumb audiophools. It's why STAX exists, it's why Beyerdynamic made trash like the DT1990 that measures worse than the DT880/DT990 because retards want a reason to 'upgrade'.

More like because headphone manufacturers aren’t “objectivist” pseudoscientific retards and realize that harman is mud and therefore unlistenable.

This. They are retarded and can't afford good headphones.

>Budget-no real budget, but im not gonna go spend 1000 bucks on headphones probably looking more 100-500 range
>Location-USA
>Source-PC, i think my mobo has a built in sound card or at least built in sound, im willing to buy an amp if i actually need it/it makes a difference
>Type of headphone-prob over ear, i just want the best overall headphone
>Open or closed-prob open, its for my pc and pc gaming, i dont really have to be considerate of noise leakage which seems to be the main pro of closed but idk
>Comfort level-C O Z Y
>Sound signature-i dont think i care, but idk im not audiotech savvy
>Past headphones-Sennheiser HD598s that I broke the plug on
>other notes-i know tech changes fast, idk if that applies to headphones, so if its something that is around the corner/announced at ces, let me know

anyone own a Final MAKE 2?

Headphones don’t really change much because perfection has already been achieved through STAX. Disregard any shills telling you to buy any socalled “neutral” headphones like the HD600, they are nobass rollercoaster treble overpriced outdated drivers with no soundstage.

>bought pic related
did i fuck up? someone gifted me the E17K for Christmas

Attached: K5.png (1450x810, 262K)

>$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
>aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

I always knew that Stax is a shitty meme, kek

No wonder people don't review stax. Stax dont give headphone out for review and its not on amazon. Is zhida zhou /our/ guy?

Attached: hmmmd.jpg (1440x872, 366K)

I haven't heard much on it kek. But I think it works.

Is it normal for my ears to pop every time I swallow?

shallowing dicks? yeah it's normal.

"perfection" that sounds worse than mid-fi, lmao
the absolute state of stax incels

why is the harmantard spamming again? is he butthurt?

Attached: 1505126932098.png (1093x1077, 1.6M)

im not paying 1400 minimum for headphones, i liked my hd598, should i get those again? a different/newer sennheiser? or a different brand?

im not spending 1400 bucks on headphones, i liked my hd598 do i get those again? a different/newer pair of sennheisers? or a different brand?

just don't get stax, they sound like shit

yes, everyone has an eustachian tube, including you user.

Get a SRM-3100. That’s like $500 for a fully functional setup.

Are you talking about Stax? They sound really bad as far as I know.

Nikki...

Now that you mention it, why aren't there any review samples of stax going around and why isn't it on Amazon? there are headphones more expensive than stax being send out for reviews. Do they have some kind of policy?

Hey, want in on a secret? Ask the "people" shitting on stax to post a pic of what they use. You're in for a treat.

Attached: 1503066213177.jpg (61x48, 1K)

Probably because sending review samples would require sending an amp as well unless the reviewer already has an electrostat setup.

That could be a valid reason, would be very annoying having to ship that shit securely.

Don’t forget that if it’s something like an Omega you need one of the big ass amps for it as well, not just a 252. So it’s slightly impractical.

cute drawing of me

why aren't you showing your feet

Saves thumbnail lol

Waiting for nikita and sapphire chan to join this discord and shitpost till we move to a new server

Not gonna happen I promise that

Attached: 1537639930270.png (2344x2899, 1.76M)

Why are there 31 headphones and it only shows 30.

Nikita why won't you save us from the discord fags and shitpost the server to oblivion?

NIKKI THEY’RE TALKING ABOUT STAX IN THE DISCORD QUICK STOP THEM

It's disgusting how poor you are

bluetooth has significant latency without aptx

It's actually obscene how good these are. The midrange is every bit as good as a HD600, but it actually has bass. Treble sounds just a bit more polite. My first thought when I heard them was "HD650 with bass?" Hilariously, they're also a bit wider than the HD600 as well. I'll A/B with Fostexes next.

Attached: IMG_20190107_175424779.jpg (3200x2400, 1.26M)

Possibly arriving tomorrow.
I can barely wait. Already have usb dac/amp but im going to switch to xonar essence st

Attached: Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.png (994x529, 177K)

Anyone ever tried Monoprice Monolyth m1060?
How did you like it?
They look beautiful to me.

Attached: 2019-01-08 03_01_27-Monolith by Monoprice M1060 Over Ear Open Back Planar Magnetic Headphones - Mono (519x472, 216K)

Cool. Please do that.

see fuck the monoliths

Attached: 1545501314602.png (300x273, 38K)

trash

Attached: 9718432[1].png (1906x947, 274K)

Sorry what am i looking at?

>headphones are minimum pha-
lmao

I love those graphs

a plot of frequency resonance over time. the M1060 has a shitty chinese copy of the Audeze drivers (which also suck) that "rings" around 5kHz

Here are the measurements (attempted). Looks kind of like a HD820. Lots of trouble with sealing and with pad bounce, so I doubt it's accurate. I think the 300Hz dip is maybe 3-4dB at most. Male vocals sound fine.

Attached: haafee.png (1789x945, 135K)

phone poster

Attached: neckyourself.png (1400x929, 949K)

30 headphones plus low anchor.
HP20 is the HD650.

yeah I thought there was a high Q peak when listening to them that made them ever so slightly tinny. it disappears after 10 minutes of brain burn in time. nice to know where it is I was too lazy to find it

And one of the traces vs HD600. I'm not even going to bother with fostex measurements because they're completely inaccurate to what I hear.

Attached: hd1hd600.png (1789x945, 70K)

Im guessing the hump at 3k and 5k is what makes the hd600 sound shouty

Measures like a hd600? now we know it's garbage

Wow is nikita absent today? He was our top student never tardy...

he got banned again

What headphones have deepest bass extension?

LCD-X is the deepest I heard. I also hear TH 900 has some too.

Where the fuck is the speaker general?

No one cares

I do bring down 5K a bit in my preset but I rarely listen to music on the 600s.
>measurements are everything

Anyways, yeah the Haafees are way more pleasant than the Fostexes, which sound shrill and occasionally tinny. Only exception is really deep male vocals, where the haafees have a little bit too much bass. The lack of sibilance puts the haafees far ahead in my book. The fostexes may have slightly "better" bass.

Of course, I turned off my EQ for these impressions.

Attached: IMG_20190107_182441274.jpg (3200x2400, 1.22M)

Back to discord with you

/ag/ died for a reason, because speakers suck.

i listen to autistic bass music, do you think dr770pro will do ok?

No. One. Cares. What's so hard to understand about this? Your opinion is shit and you can't keep a general alive as a single person.

based chinks
any headphone with a front chamber seal
see pic related, haafee hd1 on aliexpress

Attached: IMG_20181211_172901_DRO.jpg (2656x1494, 483K)

What opinion did I give? Seething.

>>measurements are everything
from the guy who ended up confirming it sounds like a senshit and senshits are the ones who fap to muhflatmeasure the hardest to begin with

can a non-stax shill reply to me please?
i saw the hd 600 shilled ITT should i get those? or the 598s again? or something else? i just want max comfy pc gaming headphones

ordered already 770pro even though superlux 668b were by far my favorite headphones. Semi open back but they could reproduce bass very low without sounding boomy at 80Hz. Thanks

>can a non-stax shill reply to me please?
why are you discriminating against us

Attached: 1431086420296.jpg (300x360, 35K)

I'm pretty happy with DT 990 which some people say the bass can be comparable I guess. I think for the price of them they are decent.

I would not game on HD600, it has a narrow soundstage. Try DT1990

DT880

Sennheiser HD 380 Pro max comfy

DT 990 premium. I would recommend the DT 1990 but I never heard them. I owned the HD 598 too and the sound stage is slightly bigger ish on the 598 but the DT 990 is more fun with bass on it. The treble can be nice to make sounds more crisp for hearing footsteps on the DT 990.

fuck off brainlet i own stax
>gaming on HD600
lol

^
trap alert

Attached: fishkura.jpg (600x554, 27K)

>trap alert
oh nononono

Attached: Anti-trap-1.jpg (960x960, 193K)

>fuck off brainlet i own stax
stax owners confirmed schizophrenics

Attached: abyss_gazer.png (192x118, 22K)

why are you so mad

focal clear or stax :3

Stax owner made the discord, really tells you they are the actual cancer in the hpg