Browsers

What browser should I use? serious thread

Attached: Web-browsers-Chrome-Firefox-Safari-Edge-Opera.jpg (640x430, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

librefox.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None of these if you value your privacy

Vivaldi, probably
If you don't like chromium, use Firefox

What do you recommend me

Attached: w3m.png (233x166, 14K)

>using firefox is not valuing your privacy

what

Isn't Edge the best for battery life if you're on a laptop?

Chromium, Firefox or Vivaldi.

If you value your privacy then don't use internet at all.

wget

>serious thread
>Jow Forums

whoa

Firefox literally phones home by default numbnuts. Install icecat.

Icecat where is available
Ungoogled-Chromium on Windows
Lynx if you just want a text browser

> Lynx
how does it compare to w3m?

What about Waterfox?

>by default

being the keyword if you are too retarded to toggle couple flags that are officially documented you should just stick with Google Chrome.

>using Anything based on WebKit

ok please go back to red dot now

It's not acceptable for any software to ship with spyware by default.

surf

firefox for privacy

also it scrolls more smoothly than chrome, has a nicer bookmark bar where the bookmarks don't fade at the edges and the titles take more space, it's all written in bold on a darker background which makes it easier to read. Also on Jow Forums you can right click bad threads and hide them instead of clicking the little triangle under them or shift clicking them like on Chrome to hide them.

The only downside with firefox is that it's a bit slower than Chrome except if you have a whole lot of tabs open and it takes more ram.

It's also not acceptable to gorge yourself on toe jam. Do a header off the Brooklyn Bridge, stillbornman.

>cucking for mozilla this hard
Yes, you can technically disable the botnet firefox comes with, but it takes a ton of tweaking in about:config to do so. If you're going to use it, at least recommend librefox or icecat.

I'm not the guy you were talking to. I just hate fat people.

>librefox
Based and Redpilled

librefox.org

Attached: Librefox.png (1187x348, 44K)

Firefox user here.

Since Firefox has fallen off a cliff in recent years, I have been seriously considering fully switching to Vivaldi on all my devices.

Why is Vivaldi the most recommended option at the moment? Last time I tried it in like 2014 or 15 it was not good enough for me.

It also has the worst sync/persistence setup of any current browser, being platform-specific to the worst version of Windows.

Why should I use something like this over, say, Firefox or Vivaldi? Interested and looking for a new browser.

Waterfox is based if you're still using XUL extensions.

>Next is a keyboard-oriented, extensible web-browser designed for power users. The application has familiar key-bindings, is fully configurable and extensible in Lisp, and has powerful features for productive professionals.

Attached: next_256x256.png (256x256, 5K)

I think the word you're searching for is "shit".

Even the search results have
"Next-browser - Hacked By Mr onion
Hacked By Mr onion. massage for you : Security just illusion! | Official Member SilentClown | | UnM@SK |-| Developer_KamiKaze |-| Mr onion |-|./Irvn|/.NatsukiChan"
In the preview lmao

Just because you can customize the hell out its UI and also it has some cool unique features which none of the normalfag browsers have.

It also has no Android version. Does it have any utility for syncing with my phone or is it only available for computers?

Attached: 1546103521225.jpg (550x543, 24K)

Toggling a couple of flags doesn't remove the spyware and Mozilla already admitted to ignoring the flags and spying anyway.

then which browser should I use fucking fucking idiots

Attached: Browser chart.png (992x1101, 740K)

I just want a browser that makes me feel special and different and that people see me and say "wow this guy does not use chrome or firefox, I want him to fuck me"

At the end of the day does it really matter if I use "privacy" extensions like CanvasBlocker for Firefox? Aren't I easily identifiable via some other means I'm too lazy to address?

Just wondering if the privacy shit matters still or if we're all kinda fucked right now. I'm looking for a white pill but I'll accept reality.

these people think they're safe. they're wrong.

It's not even a browser yet, just some configs.

If a site wants to be super autistic about fingerprinting, there's probably something they can dig up that will identify you. Most sites probably won't bother if you do the basics though (block scripts and so on). If you limit the amount of information you share with sites, it limits the amount of information they can share to other third parties.

If you really valued your privacy, you wouldn't go to the internet at all in the first place.

It really, really depends on what you actually want privacy from. Sure, government can easily identify you if they wanted to. Not just with software/hardware backdoors but with the way you type (physically, like how long you hold down the keys), or how you form sentences. If your goal was to be anonymous from them, you're already fucked because you visited this shithole and solved that captcha. But if you wanted to be safe from sites and software mass-harvesting data, or from Google, Facebook or whatever, then yes, using those extensions does make a difference.

>can customize the hell out of vivaldi
>what os userchrome.css

either this is bad bait or a paid shill

>Firefox jas fallen off a cliff
>Implement Tor patches, container tabs and access to Chrome addons

yea terrible dude. I really am amazed how easy it has become to manipulate the Jow Forums children nowadays to embrace the webkit botnet.

But lets go away from the single browser in the universe that lets you disable every single Bit o telemetry and even documents how to do it. I like it better when companies steal all my data without telling me and with no way to disable

netscape navigator

Attached: nut.jpg (2362x546, 212K)

gay

actually yes it does if you read the official documentation and then sniff the traffic. Mozilla has an extra article for every single flag to be toggled. Sniff the traffic afterwards and if you Dee any connection to Mozilla services (after following their official documentation) you are awarded a monetary compensation. Hint I am sniffing the traffic since years and haven't found anything.

But yes let's switch to browsers that have worse spyware and just don't tell you about it. If you don't know about it it can't be bad right?

>telemetry is spyware

so you want to have companies develop random things for thousands of dollars and after the money is used ask whether the functionality they developed is actually used yes?

also you are aware that literally any browser has telemetry? just Firefox (and its fork) are the only ones where you can disable it. and no don't say jngoogled chromium since it Stoll gets fingerprinted and has no container tabs so it doesn't matter it jas np telemetry as soon as you visit any website that Includes Google code 99% of the web you will provide telemetry (and your browsing history) to Google.

But yes bad Firefox for telling me what gets send and how to disable it. Let's use Browsers thst don't let me disable it

op is the ultimate faggot

Is this a fucking joke? Firefox, by default, integrates with google analytics and makes a ton of unsolicited requests to other websites. It even fucking sends interactions you make with the UI to Mozilla. No, you don't need fucking "telemetry" to develop a decent browser. Mozilla datamines the shit out of users and their browser isn't any meaningfully better.

>also you are aware that literally any browser has telemetry?
The smaller cli browsers and a few others like Qutebrowser don't. That being said, you're right that firefox isn't 100% shit since you can disable it. However, it still is shit and this is why you should use something that respects your privacy like librefox or icecat instead.

Do the non-normalfag browsers actually get frequent security updates? Be real with me.

Only the ones that are forks of normalfag browsers (as a result of their telemetry)

>librefox
Follows stable firefox

>icecat
Follows ESR

waterfox or chromium? i've been using waterfox for around a year now and haven't had any complaints but I'm curious if there's something better I could use

Join the Brave community, brother. We are waiting for you.

They mostly do the same thing with the same performance. So why not use the least of the botnets?

Attached: SmartSelect_20190107-225840_IceCatMobile.jpg (1416x2812, 1.95M)

dumb phoneposter

youre not gonna get a straight answer.

just fucking use whatever works for you.
someone or another is gonna have your private information no matter what.

>as a result of their telemetry
wat

Write one by your own hand.

Fuck off with your neocities shit

Attached: 762.jpg (294x313, 20K)

What even was your point?

>webkit
Chromo is Blink since like 2013

What about LibreFox? Is it also top tier?

Face it user, it's just not for you because you're not a Productive Professional

Brave

Is waterfox any gud?

Edge for speed, Firefox for privacy, Chrome for exhibitionist fetishism since it exposes you to everyone

can vivaldi play videos?

No, because it's Windows only and Windows has shit battery life.

Yes. It plays HTML5 videos fine.

>God tier
w3m, IceCat, Dillo
>Good tier
Falkon, Waterfox, NetSurf
>Meh tier
Vivaldi, Firefox, Midori
>Bad tier
Chrome, Opera, iCab
>Shit tier
Safari, Edge, Torch

Attached: 1545146480913.jpg (500x533, 49K)

I use Brave. It recently updated to Chromium so I can finally use it and Jow Forums X

>Firefox for privacy
AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHA

How do i fix icecat

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-01-08 20-52-59.png (1366x768, 62K)

>GFSEO
>(your) GirlFriend Sucks Everyone Off

chuckle

i use chrome and it's pretty good senpai

you dont

lol use icecat they say

brave

Brave browser mane

vivaldi has been pretty dope since 2017.

>dope
wigger.

how about ungoogled chromium?

Why so desperate to use Blink?

Vivalid has bundle.js common.css and browser.html files plus easy to use settings customizations if you don't want to bother with files.

Enable Java script.
People pretend it's evil bot net but it's honestly needed for most websites

Librefox or marmaduke's or roblich's chromium.