PC Gaymen:

PC Gaymen:
>$500(Minimum) GPU(GTX 1080 Ti)
>$800 CPU(9900k or Ryzen wx2950)
>$100 Keyboard & Mouse
>$1600 Monitor (ASUS ROG Monitor)
>$250 Memory (32 GB DDR4 RAM)

Total: AT LEAST $3250 (Likely a LOT more, my estimates are very conservative)
>Likely to be quickly outdated and "magically" unable to run the latest games at max settings

Console Gaymen:
>$330 Xbox One X (has 12 GB RAM)
>$250 4K TV or at most $1600 LG OLED TV

Total: Around $600 if you're poor, or for a whopping percentage of a 1 week wage, around $2000 for the BEST settings
>Unlikely to be outdated anytime soon, every game is optimized for the console rather than having to optimize the console for the games

"But muh refresh rate"
If you're that much of a loser that you're spending most of your wage(parents' wage) on gayming to the point you need a 240hz monitor to gayme, then you've got a lot more problems than this thread can address.

>Bottom line:
Look, gayming is for people who don't contribute much to society, and most likely need to go get a life/get laid BUT if you do choose to be a gaymer at least do it the smartest way. PCs have their place and uses(aka doing productive work), but gayming is not one of them.

Attached: lmao.jpg (450x450, 19K)

Attached: 1544627789450.gif (410x271, 1.99M)

fuck off to retard

A 1080Ti is 2x as powerful as the Xbox One X. With mine I run Forza Horizon 3 at 4K60 on the max settings. You don't need that kind of CPU to wipe the floor with the Xbox One X, I still use a 6700K at stock clocks and any game that is 30fps on Xbox One X is 60fps+ on my PC.

What's the point of running at max settings if they look like garbage compared to medium PC settings? OCD?

Fuck off retard.
Around these parts we only play Dwarf Fortress.

Attached: big deal.png (2780x2448, 888K)

Attached: 1539092673255.jpg (625x626, 38K)

>$1600 Monitor
Just buy a high-end CRT and run your game in a window. Even meme CRTs like FW900s sell for a fraction of that price.

Wow so a >$3000 setup only has 2x the performance of a $330 xbox one x? Great

Refute even a single point then

Attached: this is bait.jpg (663x643, 87K)

My setup was less than $2k and I've had it since before the Xbox One X launched, a console that has an MSRP of $499. I've also got SSDs and other shit in my desktop.

>$800 CPU
>$1600 Monitor

Attached: fishabouttobite1.jpg (600x600, 56K)

performance doesn't scale like that you dullard

also console manufacturers sell hardware at a loss

> less than $2k
*doubt*

So other than the Ti and 6700k you must have a shit monitor, shit keyboard/mouse and shit amount of ram or else how is that possible? The 1080 ti alone is just under 1k, and was over that 2 years ago.

But even if that is all true, 4x the price for 2x the performance eh?

What exactly are you meming on about? I know how performance scales(do you?), but I also know that user(assuming it wasnt you) said the 1080 ti has 2x the performance.

well said op. i built my lil bro a gayming pc and gave use my 144hz g sync 1440p monitor and all he has played with it is fortnite and continues to be a massive waste of space.

PC gaming is more expensive, but its also better than console gaming

>300+ replies

Why would I include the price of my monitor, does a $500 Xbox One X come with a 4K TV?

I paid $699 for my 1080Ti, the MSRP, I have 16GB of RAM, a mechanical keyboard with cherry brown switches and a fairly low end but perfectly adequate gaming mouse. I also have a 1TB SSD along with two other drives for additional storage and an 802.11ac / Bluetooth PCIe card.

Even if I were to agree that it's 4x the price for 2x the performance, there's no online fee to play the same games, games are cheaper, and games unlike the Xbox One X, are far more likely to have a playable framerate since many console games are capped at 30fps, even first person shooters like Dishonored or Prey.

Stop taking fucking bait.

I factored in the cost of periphals in the OP. Thats the point. All an xbox one x needs is the console itself and a tv or monitor. A PC needs a boatload of things to buy

>It's not a post about traps coding or linus or "haha x btfo' so it MUST be bait!

and you think increases in performance should come at a low enough price to rival subsidized hardware

you fucking idiot...

your 16gb of ram is going to be dispersed between all the programs running on the botnet. with a console you dont get the bloatware or trash that is windows 10 or having to install your os like linux or fucking gentoo

the only advantage pc has is native kb/m and high refresh rates. hopefully console producers take heed

Holy shit how much corporation cum is on your face right now? Yes it SHOULD be that way you retard.

>the only advantage pc has is native kb/m and high refresh rates. hopefully console producers take heed

The day consoles up their frame game is the day all pcfags will be eternally btfo

but it's not even bait at this point

lol no
because a pc is not only for gaming so your point is plain moronic and baity.

PC gaming is DEAD! Really guys it has died and now no one plays games on the PC any more! I am serious it is dead, and to prove that all I need to ask is: Did you or any of your friends ever play a game on the PC recently? If you say no then that proves that PC gaming is dead. If you say yes then you are a damn liar because PC gaming is DEAD, and you are lying because you have no proof or evidence, and THAT PROVES PC GAMING IS DEAD!

Really, if you take a look at the recent games for the PC then you will see that many of them sell less than 1m copies (pathetic!) and that PROVES that PC gaming is DEAD! And some PC games are so casual that they get more than 1m sales (lol casuals), and that further proves that PC gaming is DEAD!

So stop using PC for games, only consoles are meant to play games that is why they are called PCs. If they were meant for games they would be called PGs: Personal Gamestations. That also proves that PC gaming is DEAD!

Only consoles have good games anyway, all the PC games are horrible, and this is why PC gaming is dead. Besides, who would play games on a PC? PCs are meant for browsing the web and editing documents and that is why they come with a mouse and keyboard.

PC gaming is dead, so stop playing games on a PC. It is not fun to play games on a PC, because it is a dead platform. If you or anyone else think that PC gaming is fun then you are deluded, because it isn't.

So stop playing games on the PC because that is stupid and PC gaming is DEAD!

Attached: ConsolesSuperiorNotTrollingReallyIPromiseIIsMoreSeriousThanSeriousCat2017edition.png (989x786, 64K)

Attached: The painful truth no PC fan wants to hear 2017 Edition.png (935x1270, 101K)

lel

Re-Read the last line of OP

pretty good bait I nearly died laughing at the monitor bit.

PC Gaymen:
>$200 for GTX 1060 6GB which plays 4k@30/1080p/60 just fine

And that's it.
Cuz everyone already has a desktop PC for uni or whatever. No need for 12GB of RAM at all.

I have a 500$ PC and it runs 1080p 90fps high. Can go higher fps if I lower settings.
Rx480
R5 1600
120$ monitor with freesync
Mouse, keyboard and drives total 80$
Get fucked idiot /v/tard

Console:
>$600 for at least 10 games
PC:
>$0.00 all games

>/v/ermin

Attached: 1232931963267.png (403x428, 103K)

My $600 pc with a 2600k and 1070 ti is about 1.6x the performance of a $500 console. 4k 60 fps is pretty easy at high settings, but 1440p 144hz is infinitely better.

You also have to pay more for console games as well as pay for online. PC gaming has a higher initial cost but consoles pay more over the long term.

Do you have any idea how mass manufacturing works? For fuck's sake.

Attached: 1539584840772.jpg (680x649, 69K)

F-
See me after class.

>AT LEAST $3250
r u dum op? gaming computer costs AT LEAST $7,000. Anything less isn't a TRUE gaming PC.

based and redpilled

/thread

thanks, falco

Attached: 1521228225076.png (500x501, 80K)

might be bait but op isn't wrong.
pc gayming is basically the premium smartphone of the industry, slightly better experience for much more money. makes much more sense to just buy a console since practically all the games are optimized for them

Don't feed the retard. Point him back to his containment board.

>I want to have my games and productivities on the same place!
>No, fuck you, I'm OP and will cry against whatever you say

Attached: file.png (675x482, 112K)

>"consoles are cheaper!"
i suppose, but then again, can you do your work on a console? i sure can't.
i can't have just a console, so it's cheaper to just have a pc that can run games as well, than to have both a desktop and a console

>i suppose, but then again, can you do your work on a console? i sure can't.
>what is a laptop

i have a console and laptop hooked up to the same monitor when i'm away at uni because fuck carrying some giant PC 200 miles on the train. they both also fit in one backpack when i bring them back home because they're both small. it would take at least a car for me to transport my PC to uni.

I got a prebuilt gaming pc on black friday for $650 with an i5 8400 and gtx 1060 and I also got a cheap ass 144 hz monitor for $170. That's $820 and I can play rocket league on ultra settings at 144fps which dumbass consolefags can't. I also don't have to pay for adapters to use any controller or mouse/keyboard I want, and I need a computer anyways. Dumbass consolefags will spend ~$300-$600 on a computer AND spend $300-$500 on a console instead of just spending $600-$1100 ona better machine that does it all. But that's why consolefag opinions don't matter.
>Exclusives
144hz and ray tracing is PC exclusive rn

Mfw he's talking about refresh rates when console is 30fps locked usually ^_^ QQ

>controllers are better for fps
YOU WHAT?

test

Smartest response.

>CA image on Jow Forums
Rare but good taste.

So you spent over $3000 for less functionality. Nice.

Honestly I bought an 800 dollar computer about 2 or 3 years before the Xbox One and PS4 came out and it was a much better experience than the then current generation Xbox 360 and PS4 at the time and it could do other shit than play games.

I remember playing battlefield 3 on my AMD 7850 and i5 3570k vs on the Xbox 360 it was worlds different.

Not to mention the games are cheaper on PC and you can play old games and if you have Steam or other DRM you never lose your library.

my console was £100 and my laptop was £400. it sounds like you were the one who spend £3000 for an experience no better at its fundamentals than mine.

What happens when you upgrade to the next console and lose all your games? Meanwhile on PC you can play old games forever.

Games on Steam sale always get cheaper than console games.

Attached: file.png (500x550, 73K)

What happens when you upgrade to the next console but all your games are for this gen? Will you carry around both consoles?

>$500(Minimum) GPU(GTX 1080 Ti)
You're a fucking retard. This is overkill for gaming. All you need is RX 570 which is 200$ or so, and Ryzen 2700 which is less than 300$ now. So that's 500$.
>$100 Keyboard & Mouse
The fuck am I reading? A keyboard + mouse won't cost you more than 25$.
>$1600 Monitor
>$1600 LG OLED TV
Kys.
>(32 GB DDR4 RAM)
You don't need more than 16GB for gaming. You don't even need more than 10.

if i upgrade from a ps4 to a ps4 pro or an xbox one to an xbox one x i can keep my games. i have a ps4 with me at uni and if i ever wanted to upgrade (which i won't) all my games will still be playable. also there are loads of used games stores here where you can pick up used copies of games for piss cheap. you also get games you can't play on pc such red dead redemption 2 which is by far the biggest game of the gen.

>30fps

Attached: 1543484668873.jpg (322x293, 21K)

the next xbox will support all current xbox one games and also supports some 360 and og xbox games through their backwards compatibility program. not sure about the ps4 but as far as we know the only limitation of not having ps3 back compat was because of PPC vs x86. the ps5 being x86 just like the ps4 will most likely have native back compat.

>can’t play on pc

Right now. It’s being ported over.

You forgot the fact that in order to get a functional keyboard, you need to buy the keys 1 by 1

that's what they said about RDR1 but i have no faith in it. RDR1 was actually developed in a win32 environment but they decided not to release it on pc despite it basically being pretty much done.

This is just delusional

Fortnite, pubg, League, cod, GTA, FIFA, Dota, CS are probably all bigger. FN, pubg and League are bigger without any doubt at all

Attached: de15df26e9bf61c4f5672a08dc60a50b.jpg (499x481, 28K)

>32GB of RAM
>people ACTUALLY took this bait
Jesus Christ, Jow Forums, how stupid are you fucks?

Auto Aiming?

You forgot the i9/threadripper and the monitor being included in price

Isn't it really obvious pc is cheaper simply cause it's what all the third worlders play on?

The issue with these stupid comparisons is they ignore you have to pay for the online, will end up buying a computer for normal use, generally end up rebuying your games, games are more expensive and if you play loads you can't pirate. E.g.

>Online £150-£300 over consoles life
>Shitty computer for normal use £400
>Not being able to pirate games, obviously varies but I'd guess it's at least £500 for neck wards
>having to rebuy games next gen probably at least £100

It all adds up so stupidly quick. If you have a young child who only plans on playing Fortnite yeah it's cheaper. For practically everyone though consoles are just a rip off which is why everyone in shithole countries play on pc.

Attached: 4726ed22fa686aeb06c9573a9296b23af831e5f5.jpg (380x250, 13K)

you don't need to pay to play fortnite online on ps4

>naming all the shitty online games only brainlets play
what's your point?

Yeah I know, that's why I said it's cheaper if you LITERALLY just plan on playing Fortnite and a few sp games over and over again.

Practically everyone I know with a PS4 out Xbox one plays FIFA/cod/GTA/pubg as well so ends up buying it.

luckily i don't have that problem because i can just play fifa with one of my many flatmates.

I read at Oxford and League/pubg were way more popular there than with the general population. Although I don't play them much League/Dota/pubg are as close to "high IQ" games as you get.

Top jej

Attached: drakewillsmithkanyecompressed.jpg (555x524, 60K)

Not trying to argue just pointing out how painfully obvious it is they're not good value at all. Even if you don't play online all the other things add up stupid quick, hence why all the shithole countries generally play on pc cause they can't afford anything else.

144hz for building in fortnite is 6x better than any console experience

this is such awful bait but everyone is taking it. shamefur dispray nu Jow Forums

so never?

You can connect your magical TV to a computer too, same with your cheaply made controller.

Console is definitely the right choice for the mentally challenged, go for it OP.

>$1600 Monitor
>$250 4K TV
It's not like both would work for PC or console.

>(32 GB DDR4 RAM
Far too much.
>$100 Keyboard & Mouse
5$
$200 is enough.

I liked consoles when they weren't underpowered PCs.

Those were obvious too but not quite as obscenely unreasonable as the RAM. You could make an argument for quoting the absolute most expensive monitor and then the absolute cheapest 4K or OLED TV but the RAM should have been the point where most people stopped reading and posted "quality bait" instead.

Instead people are still arguing against it as if it were an actual argument.

it's only been one gen which has been like that. 360 and ps3 were sporting cutting edge hardware for their time. the next gen consoles look to be using ryzen 2 and navi so they'll be on par with midrange pc's by the looks of it.

would rather spend money on my drug habit than vidya in general desu. uni is too stressful and games aren't enough to take away the headache.

PC """masterrace""" got 360 noscope eternally btfo'd.
xXxNinjaLordxXX[420 erydayboi]

>responding to bait this retarded
Jow Forums(nel) truly is dead.

The 360 and PS3 were more console-y but still tried too hard to become media centers with a catalog full of multiplatform titles already available on PC.

The classic Xbox was basically a PC and yeah, same thing. Honestly even though Nintendo has been making underpowered trash they've been always trying to put out consoles that distinguish themselves from just mini ITX builds with a different OS.

If you upgrade your PC semi regularly it's not really worth buying consoles, unless you're really desperate for an absurd low amount of exclusives.

1300 dollar ryzen 2700x and two 1070s shit on the xcube

Imagine paying to get "free" games. Imagine paying to play all your old games. Imagine being restricted to a single monitor. Imagine funding the AAA developers in current year. Imagine getting angry over bait.

Attached: 1468362837821.jpg (800x1051, 224K)