VIDEO EDITING FOR LINUX

So, anybody here do any video editing on linux? I've used Vegas for the better part of 10 years, and only used Premiere with After Effects like 6 or 7 times.. never did anything noteworthy but I wanna know if Linux can do all that neat compositing/layering nonsense that I've come to love so much. I'm using Manjaro right now.

Attached: 1385262626640.jpg (720x540, 104K)

you're right

>but I wanna know if Linux can do all that neat compositing/layering nonsense that I've come to love so much
linux can do it.

So what programs on Linux are comparable to Vegas or Premier?

yes

Davinci Resolve

Is saving what you're doing every 5 seconds as important as it is on Windows?

Kdenlive?

sudo pacman -Syu nigger-apps

I've no idea what you mean, I've never had any stability issues on windows

If you've used Vegas or Windows Movie Maker and your project starts to get busier and more complicated you will see crashes. Premiere seems a bit more stable these days even if it is clunky

i came from using toaster PCs with pentium 4s and core 2s

ffmpeg

Attached: wiz.gif (269x350, 247K)

Davinci Resolve, Lightworks or Kdenlive (this one crashes a lot like Vegas so you will feel very much at home with it)

I've never had Vegas crash on me in Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10.

But DaVinci Resolve has a Linux-compatible software suite?

>I've never had Vegas crash on me in Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
no fucking way m8

Attached: 1523335019846.jpg (480x464, 36K)

It has binaries for opensuse but you can run it on ubuntu too with some tricks.
This lmao

are you using a cracked copy?

You know I am and I'm sure that has a bit to do with it but I'll say this though.. getting Vegas to crash requires some stupidity on the user's behalf. Installing lots of 3rd party filters would bog the program down even if you weren't using some of them, generally using too many effects, sometimes you get hangs when trying to render to WMV or uncompressed AVI. As the versions progress you can see GPU start to take a bit more precedence and that introduced some new quirks. The sweet spot for Vegas is like 7 to 13 and I got a legit code for Vegas 14 when MAGIX picked up the program but unfortunately they completely ruined it. It's not stable at all and would probably benefit from a total rewrite.

It also doesn't help that I'm using Windows 10 now, but Vegas 13 would crash on 7 also.

I don't disagree with you.

I'm & I've always used cracked copies of Vegas 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12. And just my luck; none of them has ever crashed on me. And I expected them to because I was using an IBM R51 ThinkPad with XP & a Lenovo P580 IdeaPad with Windows 7-10.

The sweet spot for Vegas on Windows 7 was 10.

For Windows 10, the sweet spot is 12, especially if you have a 3rd or 4th gen CPU

Sometimes those A/V programs crash from cracks because specific and necessary checks are circumvented that leads to seg faults or other errors.
Even something as trivial as clicking a menu might have a check in it that otherwise would go on normally except for the crack.

See this is something I know about (i've been using pirated software for fucking ages) because people who crack software don't check or care too much about stability when they do these little hack and slash jobs but I agree with you

That explains why my cracked versions never failed; all of my stuff uses the Digital Insanity cracks.

hahaha but dude we all use the Digital Insanity cracks

Haha. Yeah. The old days of cracking cubase with the dongle emulator and losing everything because clicking save causes it to fault.
>digital insanity
I guess that's some group?
I saw it (crashing) more in cracked A/V suite software than cracked games, but I've been out of the scene ever since I switched to Linux.
If there wasn't a Linux solution that I needed, I just went without, like games.
Maybe IDA has allowed for better cracks to be made?

Digital Insanity's a group.

>tfw people are too retarded to read NFO files