So whats new with AMD? whats going on?

so whats new with AMD? whats going on?

Attached: amd.jpg (666x333, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7fDvxlK2FMc
amd.com/en/events/ces
anandtech.com/show/12677/tsmc-kicks-off-volume-production-of-7nm-chips
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A12
amd.com/en/press-releases/2019-01-06-amd-kicks-2019-offering-complete-mobile-portfolio-new-ryzen-athlon-and-a?sf205474737=1
youtube.com/watch?v=bibZyMjY2K4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ask again in 48 hours

AMD hired Carpenter Brut to open their CES keynote. Rumor is he'll be playing Le Perv.

youtube.com/watch?v=7fDvxlK2FMc

amd.com/en/events/ces

Mama Su gonna wreck CES tomorrow.

Wednesday.

it's tuesday 02:21 here in nazi germany

>Carpenter Brut
wtf I love amd now

What do you want a new product for every day of the year?. Fuck off.

They have a hour long keynote on 2019-01-10 @ 0600 - 0700 NZDT (UTC+13)
Zen 2 7nm should come from it, also something something Navi?

>Carpenter Brut

Holy fuck he's from my city

why does jensen get two hours?

Reminder that Carpenter Brut is pro illegal immigration.

>caring about what an artist has to say about politics

That's your first mistake

Go back to your own shithole country redditspacing sandnigger.

>being this buttblasted on a technology board over a musician

Nice

wtf i love illegal immigration nao

Without a white Europe there would be no technology advancements.

Ok johnny

>hey guys what's AMD going to announce ?
>REMINDER THAT WITHOUT WHITES WE'D STILL BE IN CAVES

Someone's gotta take his pills

nvidia has more money and paid for it

7nm Vega. No Navi.

Given how high priced the 2080/Ti is, we might see 7nm Vega at around 2080 price for consumer. Nvidia's pricing created such an opportunity.
Or 12nm Vega seems more likely for consumers. Just ~10% performance uplift and still around $400-$500.

I'm guessing 7nm prosumer Vega FE will be announced at around $1200. Vega Radeon Pro SSG at around $5k.

Is this accurate?

Attached: 123923.png (1119x719, 633K)

we don't know yet

The product lineup could look something like that if AMD opted to go with two chiplet design on AM4 parts. If not, then the core counts will stay as is. The later up to 8c only path is far more sensible for both business and technological reasons, but if Lisa really wants to make waves then the former could happen
Prices and clocks in that pic however are just speculation, but the move to tsmc 7nm certainly opens up much higher ghz than what we have seen before

You know how I know this is fake? When you're ahead of your competition by that much you don't price your products like garbage.

amd NEEDS the mindshare first and foremost

You very well might if you're amd, since history as shown consumers will pick intel and nvidia even when they're worse, just out of brand recognition and ignorance.

amd still has a fuckload of market share to claw out though. once shintel ever gets 10/7nm out they'll catch up pretty fast

>le mindshare meme

No one cares about AMD

Everyone else but AMDrones own an Intel and a Nvidia card

What is an 8 core CCX allowing for 8 cores without an IF link (latency)

>No one cares about AMD
...You realise that what you just said confirms exactly what he's arguing, right? Normies don't know or care about AMD, so they need to blow intel the fuck away with way better products at aggressive prices to win them over.

Attached: brainlet 3.jpg (645x729, 81K)

your silly little fantasy that you have been spamming for months now that no one else here believes in

I hope so. I want to make meme builds with a 3300G

Each 7nm Zen2 die is a single 8core CCX. Sorry.

(You) god damn lying faggot

Will Navi make me want to forget about 2060?
Will we see discounts on the 580 that will push me to buy now?

mindfactory supplier says otherwise

The fact that you're considering a 2060 to begin with shows that you're retarded and beyond reasoning with.

what's wrong with it?
>not ridiculously expensive
>freesync
>ray tracing
>more power efficient than 1070 Ti with same performance, and in many cases cheaper
>Free Battlefield V

>Carpenter Brut
>Roller Mobster Starts to play
>Just before the drop some guy comes in and starts hacking into the front row shills using a golf club
>He's wearing some sort of rooster mask
>Before I can fathom what's going on he vanishes out the fire safety
>ZEN2++++++ULTRA appears behind Su herself

What type of cache and core interconnecting structure are they using now for this 8 core CCX? The way it was done in current 4 core CCX doesn't make scaling to higher core count CCX feasible so they must have thrown everything they have designed for Zen over the past decade out of the window and started anew

The new CCX is 8 cores, the Bridge Chip on package handles everything.

This,
When I was a kid, my first AMD build came to be due to pricing.

But you said no IF link, how is the architecture and cores arranged then? Ring bus?

>Always Making Duds™

The only news about AMD is that they are going to fail hard like they always do, bend over and sucks INTEL's 10nm cock like the cheap whore they are. RED is the color of failure.

Everything is pointing to consumer 7nm stuff from amd being out way before intel's 10nm, shill.

Maybe don't be a complete shitcunt in the market?

>intel 10nm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And you believe that? How gullible you are? Are every single AMDtards brain damaged like you? If so, I have a Liberty Statue I can sell you for a really affordable price.

>the stage goes dark
>suddenly Carpenter Brut starts playing
>a deep purple Countach drifts onto the stage
>Lisa Su comes out of the car, wearing Jensen's blood-stained leather jacket
>>The rumors were true
>little Timmy throws himself down a well, someone laughs in Scottish
>shows us real time benches of a 3700 and i9 9900Kelvin hooked to an industrial chiller
>3700 wipes the floor with the housefire chip
>ADL marks AMD logo as a hate symbol
>more pink wojaks on Jow Forums than on Jow Forums during the crypto crash
>>But I'm not done yet
>pulls out the Navi GPUs
>mass suicide of people who preordered RTX2060
>more salt than on Trump's election win
>the song ends

Name a single AMD thing that was better than Intel. Protip, you can't.

I never mentioned IF anything

Hotline Miami 3, only on AMD

You calling others retarded, that's rich. tsmc actually has mass produced 7nm products for other companies already, meanwhile 10nm stuff from intel is still in the 'it's totally coming guys, trust us!' stage.

Yeah. Yeah. Spewing nothing but shit and lies. Typical AMDtards on suicide watch.

kys nigger
anandtech.com/show/12677/tsmc-kicks-off-volume-production-of-7nm-chips

It's true though. Name a nonwhite inventor or famous scientist before the 20th century.

Yes you did
>8 cores without an IF link (latency)
and when asked how the communication between cores themselves within CCX was arranged you stated that
>Bridge Chip on package handles everything
meaning that each core communicates with each other through this bridge chip that uses this no latency not-IF link? Or did you just not understand the question?

>www.anandtech.com
Lol. AMDtards growing desperate by the minute.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_A12
You're a turbo retard, what a waste of trips

>wikipedia.
Now you are joking right? No one can be so dumb and desperate to believe that.

You're being trolled hard, newfag. Every intel shill on this board is ironic.

What people think will happen

>announce ryzen with 12c 5ghz
>threadripper 24c 4.5ghz
>Navi $250 1080 performance

What actually will happen
>2.5ghz 4c mobile chips for an hour

Attached: 1405579265706.png (625x626, 17K)

Its pretty much confirmed they are going to announce ryzen 3000 series (Zen2). Mobile lineup consists of new bins on 12nm and maybe improved design.
>"Built on 12nm manufacturing technology, new AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Mobile Processors"
amd.com/en/press-releases/2019-01-06-amd-kicks-2019-offering-complete-mobile-portfolio-new-ryzen-athlon-and-a?sf205474737=1

Nice cope PooMD shill

anyone have a timer for the keynote?

When you use the exact same style to post, everyone knows it's you when you say stupid shit.

redditspacer btfo

>free bfv
>a positive
get ye gone

>AMD offers 2-3 actual desirable game preorders worth over $100; The Division 2, RE2 remake, DmC 5
>g-games don't matter! 0 value!

>Nvidia offers BFV garbage
>omg best value!

You can just sell the key if you don't want it, that's what I'd do. It's like a small rebate. There's nothing bad about receiving it, and I'm not someone who would even consider buying the 2060.

god bless AMD and bless Carpenter Brut

Just don't count on selling that easily or at full price. They discounted it 50% not two weeks after the game came out because it was selling so poorly.

If it is 02:21, then it is already Wednesday, you moron.

What's gonna be Jow Forums's reaction when there won't be any products shown?

>literally nothing from Intel
>literally nothing from AMD

Attached: 1321207198107.jpg (579x329, 25K)

that's exactly what I am expecting, well maybe they will show Rome one more time
so nothing will happen.

Every techtuber and tech news website are all saying AMD are not doing a grand reveal at CES but AMD fanboys still don't get it.

AMD will do a tease and release stuff a couple of months now.

Was there ever a time that AMD CPUs and GPUs were simultaneously competitive?

intel never gave two shits about ces, only newfags think that intel would have a notable keynote in there

whenever there is a new cpu they announce it via their own press event

15 years ago.

Avicenna

The keynote is only an hour? That sucks. Leather jacket man went over 90 minutes to announce a 2060 and free synch compatibility.

Not expecting much from Navi other than just a tease if there's a Zen blowout with that time.

>ADL marks AMD logo as a hate symbol
You got me

Attached: 1504275173842.png (480x521, 120K)

Even when they had more powerful gpus the tdp was horrible.

Did they own ATI 15 years ago?

>12 nm Vega with 10% performance uplift.

This will be hilarious if it's like a Vega version of the RX 580 to 590, literal housefire tier.

Where the fuck are 19.1.1 drivers that fix the 54.000 different issues 18.12.2 and .3 have

This. Davinci Resolve has been broken for weeks now, and I'm too lazy to roll back drivers

Not even that, drivers are so fucked even with DDU you can't clean up that mess proper if you roll back. I had to reinstall Windows to go back to 18.12.1.1 and not get the amd driver installer to pop up every time I restart the PC

what proplems do you have with the drivers? i made a clean new install of windows some days ago and installed the newest amd drivers and have no problems so far

>Normies don't know or care about AMD,
Exactly. Likewise, normies don't care about PC Gaming. They buy consoles en masse. Guess what's powering these consoles? AMD.

I'll just get a Ryzen 2000 then. Only problem is, it will be harder to decide which one moves to homelab duty: the Ryzen, or my current 4790.

Attached: free-shrugs.jpg (449x642, 50K)

>Exactly. Likewise, normies don't care about PC Gaming. They buy consoles en masse. Guess what's powering these consoles? AMD.
COPE

Degenerates like you should be hanged

>probably have to wait like 2 years for mobile 7nm

Attached: 1444783200267.png (500x500, 91K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bibZyMjY2K4

OH FUUCK I CANT BELIEVE THEY ANNOUNCED IT EARLY