Micro$aft Wangblows is pulling dirty tricks on Linux that's why we're still not on in the year of the Linux desktop

> Micro$aft Wangblows is pulling dirty tricks on Linux that's why we're still not on in the year of the Linux desktop
> MS makes horrible operating systems nobody like and have to sweep it under the rug and pretend it didn't happen
> Twice
> Linux is still an obscure hobbyist OS
Seriously, what the fuck happened? MS was trying to be as hostile towards consumers as possible with Windows Vista and Windows 8 yet Linux remained as a hobbyist shit

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x656, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TVHcdgrqbHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Linux desktop is just nowhere near as good of an experience as Windows or macOS and it isn't even close. I think most people here know this even if they won't say it. Microsoft and Apple care about user experience because their businesses depend on it. Linux desktop environment devs create toys for hobbyists and care more about being tweakable than things like smooth movements and good font rendering.

This
Linux still feels cobbled togther

>Microsoft and Apple care about user experience
>Microsoft
I think this was true until after 7, then the UI took a massive nose dive and still hasn't recovered with 10. There's absolutely zero consistency across menus, multiple control panels with difference options, combination of flat design and legacy aero designs, etc. The user experience on 8 and up is shit.

>have a very busy life
>installed ubuntu on my high-end laptop (dual boot) to learn some web dev
>even the web browsers ran slow
>spent about 40 minutes searching google to figure out what's wrong and trying a few things
>fuck it, just switched back to windows and went with WSL because time too precious

inb4: I only browse Jow Forums in lunch brakes

Attached: 26220252_2008181212787531_5406359255546008992_n.jpg (640x785, 75K)

Win 7 was probably the best OS experience that has ever been produced, and Windows XP was not far behind. I agree that things have gotten worse but I don't think it's for lack of massive effort and investment. They predicted the direction the market was moving incorrectly with Windows 8.

Windows 10 is just ok and definitely requires a bit of tweaking to be just ok. I am confident that there will be another good version of Windows based on the past experience of Microsoft wildly oscillating between releasing garbage and good operating systems.

>I am confident that there will be another good version of Windows
Considering how hard they're pushing the whole 10 is the final version of windows thing, I think it's going to be a long ass time before it happens.

They are essentially following the OSX/macOS model now, and OSX/macOS may not have changed a lot from one year to the next but cumulatively over several years the changes become significant.

Reminder that 10 is already 4 years old and its UI is barely any better than it was at launch, with the most significant change being a dark mode, which hardly affects anything besides the file manager.

Microsoft will never stop trying to subdue Linux no matter how much it claims otherwise.
This video explains their dirty little tricks: youtu.be/TVHcdgrqbHE

It happens that the market shifted to mobile devices and convertibles. It's not surprising they don't completely cater to a desktop use soley.

thats why windows 10 is the most popular os on steam right now

No need for consumerist Linux.
No need to appeal to normies.
Hobbyist is great and I love it.
It's all good as it is.
Stop thinking about normies and market, this is what semi-capitalism does to you.

Attached: 8JTB3Sa_d.jpg (237x372, 11K)

>Seriously, what the fuck happened?

Attached: how not to osdev.png (2000x8729, 3.86M)

>Linux is still an obscure hobbyist OS
Linux is a kernel and it is far from obscure. It is the most used kernel in the world and dominates many aspects of computing today.

You must have not been a linux user 10 years ago if you feel this way.

People actually liked Vista or 8, vista was a little slow on an average 90s computer people had in 2006, but when they released it again 4 years later even Jow Forums liked it

It got worse

Windows 10 interface feels better than 7 though after you use it for some time and then have to switch back for some reason.

Windows XP is fucking garbage user experience after 7 or 10.

>doesn't come pre-loaded on the machine
that's like 60% of the issue -- your average user isn't going to install their OS, and if a Linux distro came on a given machine, you should reasonably expect all the hardware in said machine to work a-ok under Linux
the other 40% is application software that needs Windows or OSX or whatever, so even if they were the type to install an operating system, they wouldn't because they need certain software packages for work or whatever

>tfw no issues with Vista
at least, right up to the day it refused to boot, well into Win7's lifespan
so I just installed Win7
saw a bunch of real horror story machines everywhere when Vista came out
but my machine was a-ok

felt great

>Windows 10 interface feels better than 7Yeah having giant
I don't have a brainlet image stupid enough to mock you with
You are not human

It just has a few more useful features that actually matter (something that freetards should really learn from microsoft - implementing things that matter and are improvement).

This is the price of free/open source software. If profit is not the goal then all you get is small groups of autists making their little OS just how they like.
>inb4 muh redhat and ubuntu
Sure, but no one cares about making something great if someone can edit it and put his name on it. See products like Mint

The fuck am I reading? Linux is a far easier and better experience on desktop than windows. That's the whole reason I fucking stayed on it. When did you use Linux last time, 2006?

>oh no there are so many random disros for me to ignore
You literally only ever need Ubuntu or Arch

What matters is what is shipped with the computers 99% doesn't have the knowledge or care enough to install an OS

MS invented the smb protocol which linux uses as the central pivot of its networking capabilities in Samba

A shit sandwich is more bearable the more bread you pack around the shit. Some people like their shit sandwich with very little bread, others like it with a mountain of bread around it. Linux users like a nice meaty shit sandwich with thin slices of bread and doesnt into the mountain of bread M$ puts into its shit sandwiches

>he thinks Vista/8 are worse than 10
The absolute state.

Attached: 1546366666778.jpg (1024x576, 81K)