Buy mum $299 Acer Celeron P4600 laptop in 2011

>buy mum $299 Acer Celeron P4600 laptop in 2011
>getting slow in 2019, but only hdd slowness
>put in $29.99 120gb Kingston SSD
>everything is right there easy to access
>Install Windows 10 32bit because only 3gb RAM
>clean it up with an air compressor, it still looks brand new in 2019
>now runs quite smooth on Windows 10

Has Jow Forums ever had cheap shit last forever?

Attached: IMG_20190107_212923.jpg (3000x4000, 2.79M)

Yeah my mum is still going

Attached: IMG_20181109_181822090.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

you should try lubuntu

If a PC doesn’t have a defective part or designed like shit (ie Apple) it can last damn near forever even cheap laptops as there not built any worse electrically than more expensive ones
Kinda goes for almost all electronics as even cheap shit from a reputable local supplier is going to be built well and last near forever as no one wants to be liable for burning someone’s house down, this doesn’t apply to actual cheap shit from aliexpress were there is no recourse for selling garbage

i have an old prebuilt dell from 2012. 3770, plopped in a 1060 6gb and a new PSU. for 1080p and VR its golden, am only going to upgrade for 4k@120hz whenever Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

Yea back in 2010 my old man wanted a new pc for emails and web shit but didn't have much money to spend.
After about an hour of being as cheap as possible I built the whole thing for 350 aus bucks (everything new) including screen and peripherals.
Still uses it today, very light use I might add, but the ram is starting to show now and hdd as well naturally. I think the case was $35 with a psu and was actually pretty good to build with/decent size.
Got a bigger budget for the next one though thankfully lol.

this. lube your mum's buntu, OP

>Install Windows 10 32bit because only 3gb RAM
Literally why

>Has Jow Forums ever had cheap shit last forever?
2014 laptop is running well. A 2012 one would still be running if I'd not pulled it apart.

Because it's only used for browsing, YouTube and watching DVDs.

You know 32bit Windows is significantly smaller and uses less RAM right? The SSD has only 7gb storage used with it fully updated and setup for her. For her limited uses on budget 2011 hardware, win32 performs better.

I have a Lenovo N200 with C2D, put in an SSD and it runs just fine. Also replaced the CPU to the fastest the motherboard supports for 10€, and put in 2x2 RAM sticks.

got a latitude e6230 off a friend when his mobo fried
easy enough to find replacements, spent around $100 for the replacement parts and some more ram, been using it for the past 5 years now, works like a dream
>pic related

Attached: speccy.png (393x366, 16K)

Don't buy Kingston.

We're pretty much at the stage where even the cheapest piece of shit laptop is perfectly adequate for daily needs like browsing, youtube and stuff like that.
My $150 Acer is only a little bit slower compared to my gaming desktop for non gaming use.

2011 Samsung N150. Been pretty solid.

Attached: 2019-01-08-233240_1024x600_scrot.png (1024x600, 767K)

i have an acer aspire one from fucking 2007
the only thing that died is the battery.
with a new 5400rpm hdd it runs just fine as a BTC full node

Why

Goldenfir exists, you know

>Bought Kingston that died, searched the internet and many people had exactly the same problem.
>Solution : none.

Because even garbage chinkshit like kingdian and perform better than kingston.
Don't believe me? check ssd.userbenchmark.com.

Ultimate Defrag keeps my HDD's running like when I first installed the OS. Windows defrag is rubbish.

My r50e still works great with 1 core and 1gb of ram

Acer sucks dick I don’t know how they’re still in business. Fuck them for producing a shitty a laptop I had when I didn’t know any better

get more ram

you just bought cheap shit. their "business" line is on par with everyone else's. travelmates, for example, last forever

This shitty toshiba satellite I am posting from.
Windows 10 is close to being unusable on it, memejaro xfce was a bit too buggy and it acts like new after replacing it with i3.
I might replace it with arch or void in the future because manjaro is too bloated with stuff I don't need and I might replace i3 with something else too.

my dad still uses my cheap 300$ laptop from 2008. it's gone extremely slow and is artifacting but it works.

Yeah... Your mom!

Yeah, I actually did the same for my grandmother, she wouldn't stop complaining about how slow things were so I moved the install image and cut it down to fit on one of my newer SSDs I wasn't using any more, I swear she only keeps me around for my tech support. Also got an older thinkcenter that runs arch and hosts a teamspeak for my siblings pretty well, they also do other stuff with it but I couldn't tell you what that would be at this point. I also keep a box of old parts from several different types of floppy drives to old complete computer boards that I sometimes pull out and put together for testing.

see

>that single wireless antenna

I hate makers that do this.

I have the exact same kingston 120gb and one year later and still hasn't died.

Attached: oh shit.jpg (250x97, 6K)

one year is nothing

bought this for my grandad from a charity shop in 2003, still looks brand new. He wipes it down every day

Attached: cock n balls chair.jpg (600x482, 29K)

>4k@120hz
Good luck with that. You need +2000$ gpu for that and even thta can't do @120Hz

Attached: 1517896697631.png (698x658, 78K)

fuck i just bought a kingston ssd used, same one as ops pic. Is it dangerous to use?

Attached: sadGirl.gif (400x300, 332K)

>Is it dangerous to use?
no but who knows how long it'll work

Yes. I bought my dad a Thinkpad T410 for next to nothing, changed the 160gb HDD to a 120gb SSD and added some RAM to make it 12gb. It's a 9 year old laptop that still performs well, more than enough for his needs.

kys imposterfag

UwU make me big boi

Currently using Galaxy Note 1 on Android 5.1, works decent without Google Botnet Services.

fpbp

its the poo in loo of drive manufacturers

there's a reason why they're so cheap now, you use them for any period of time and they either break or slow down almost to 7200rpm speeds

I have an IBM Thinkpad Pentium 2 I built to play DOS games, today that's normal but I built it 15 years ago knowing those things would disappear in 2020 and I could get it for free since people were just giving them away or throwing them out.

Yep. But it wasn't too cheap, but was Acer (PackardBell) as well.

Cursed image.

Does nipple work?

RAM is used as a buffer in Windows Vista/NT6 and higher resulting in a much higher apparent memory usage that changes as memory pressure increases. There is no excuse to not have 8gb or more RAM given how cheap DDR3 is now if you have SODIMMs or DIMMs

>kingston

LMAO

Not cheap but my 2013 Macbook is literally indistinguishable in use for a brand new one. Computers stopped getting meaningfully faster for anything but gaymen years ago.

(You) better have backups

OP here, I actually put a white goldenfir 60gb in my dad's system

Kingstons were more readily available and about the same level

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-08-11-25-03-042_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg (1080x483, 85K)

not used it yet im waiting for a thinkpad to arrive, guess ill keep important shit backed up kek

Attached: DwQVrA7X4AA49vq.jpg large.jpg (718x1059, 92K)

What is the name of this software ?

I am going to buy more RAM and SSD I swear

Attached: 2019-01-08-210752_1440x900_scrot.png (1440x900, 248K)

be4 zoomin it I legit thought you bought your grandad a black dildo.
>what has this site done to me

Attached: 1546889337218.jpg (250x209, 6K)