Why is Windows slower than Android?

I have an I7 7700K overclocked, 16GB 3GHz RAM and GTX1070 but my desktop tasks using Windows are considerably slower than my Android phone (Oneplus 3T). In windows there is lag in opening a file explorer window! file explorer search is chronically slow and try opening a folder full of pics and wait for the thumbnail rendering! Android can do all these tasks with ZERO lag.

It doesn't make sense that in anything other than gaming or other high-resource tasks that Android on a much weaker CPU and RAM combo is far faster than Windows with high-end systems.

Attached: pos.jpg (640x353, 19K)

Me fucking too
I have no insight on this matter, except for that fact that the slowest thing to open on my machine is often the simple goddamn photoviewer

Mine crashes sometimes if it doesn't start quick enough but works well afterwards.

Get an ssd retard
Otherwise use a better OS

You didn't mention your storage. Flash storage in phones is much faster than a HDD.

>"Ged an XDDD"
>Have a regular harddrive from 200X with Windows 7 on it
>Boot into it one day
>Everything works fine and is shockingly at a refreshingly snappy speed, aka instant when I hit the windows key or the goddamn file explorer

w*ndows is a bloated pos with a million services and processes running in the background.

Well then theres your problem. Get a better OS

Mechanical drive or SSD? Windows 10 generally due to the sheer amount of background processes, and processes in general does not play nicely with mechanical disks. I have windows 10 on my desktop (i5 2500k/16gb ram/250gb samsung 850 evo for boot + other storage (2x1tb drives/110gb ssd for 1-2 games) (for gaming/uni work), Surface pro 3 (for uni work) and on an old hp laptop (i7 3632qm (4c/8t)/8gb ram and a 5400rpm drive) The difference between the surface pro 3 (despite it being a ULV dual-core i5) is massive in terms of responsiveness just due to the use of an ssd, I get more or less the exact issues you describe on the laptop with the mechanical hdd, at least on start-up and for around 5-10 minutes afterwards on the laptop, after around that long the disk settles down and it becomes decently responsive (but still has a hiccup or two every now and then). Perhaps try disabling things such as Superfetch, that might assist your drive a bit more, otherwise Windows 10 simply does run more efficiently with a solid-state drive. Otherwise reverting to Windows 7 might be better for you (if you are not already using it). It certainly makes using a mechanical disk a lot nicer.

same here, i have like [email protected] and
3x RTX2080Ti + 32 gb ddr4 3444hz+ 2058gb ssd Samsung Military grade speeds.
And my VR games run at 2x 47fps @ 6k, not even 60fps.

Also, my youtube is having slowdowns.
When I press letter in notepad it takes like 0.01384 sec..
And my Android runs all the games at 4k@144hz on 2 core 1.2ghz ARM!?
Like, WTF?

because it's garbage.

The thumbnail shit can be solved using Icarus(use Hydrus Network instead of fucking default file manager to manage your pics). The search is chronically slow even with an ssd, but is a lot better with one. Default file explorer is shit, try other one.

Also, optimization and a lot less overall bloat on phones compared with PCs

Clean your case your mongoloids.
If it's because you lack RAM, then add some

People on Jow Forums still use core2duo thinkpads but clearly the problem is OP doesn't have enough ram why windows chugs on his high spec setup

Works in my machine.

android devices usually come with eMMC flash drives

>SSD

>>OP doesn't have enough ram
>16GB 3GHz RAM
>not enough
If it's not, then M$ seriously fucked up big time with Windows 10, pham.
Windows 8.1 is working perfectly fine on my end, 2 GBs of RAM at poor speeds because I'm using a low-end 2014 laptop.

I have an X220 with 7 on HDD is it's slow as balls compared to 10 on the SSD. Same laptop, just swapping drives.

Win 7 works fine with 2GB
With Win 8 I need 4GB for same results

Dunno about how bad Win 10 memory management is, dont want to find out

>window + R
>msconfig
>enter
>boot
>whoa look at all this retarded shit I have set to start by default
There you go champ.

because you're using less than 32GB of RAM, for windows 10 the optimum amount would be 64GB of RAM if you want to game too

You mentioned all these irrelevant specs but didn't say anything about your SSDs speeds

Attached: Screenshot 2019-01-08 at 14.56.06.png (1306x504, 138K)

Windows 10 is absolutely fucking trash at handling HDDs, it eats up any available disk read time with stupid fucking indexing that likes to turn itself back on randomly. Get 7, it's a much better OS overall.

>16GB
>n-not enough!
fuck off retard

10 works fine on 4GB if all you're doing is browsing the web, editing documents and watching video (aka basic shit).
Anything more intensive you need 6GB+.

Surprise surprise it's your HDD. 10 ON SSD, 7 ON HDD. DRILL IT IN YOUR HEAD

>Win 7 works fine with 2GB
>With Win 8 I need 4GB for same results
8 specifically or 8.1? Because it's the latter you should be using. No one on their sane mind would use the original Windows 8 in this day and age, there is not a single reason to.

Probably this.

>Though I use an SSHD for win 7 and it's made a huge difference for me.

Why could XP and 7 run fine on a HDD but suddenly 10 can't?

>Windows slower than Android
This has to be a bait.

Attached: 1510823783042.png (800x600, 91K)

Toss out that shitty HDD user or just use it as a storage, OS on an HDD? absolutely desgustang. get a shitty cheap SSD instead.

Windows has too many codes nobody knows or care what it is for and too scared to remove it

You can get a samsung SSD for like $40 with more than enough space for your ssd, main programs, and some games.

w7 works just fine you dumb nigger
>t. literally just works on my pc