NVME FAGS BTFO

NVME FAGS BTFO
youtube.com/watch?v=OjWUGsQNSvE
NVME provides sub 10% actual benefits over a SATA ssd in real life scenarios

Attached: 41uxmXSrtxL.jpg (500x375, 20K)

It'd be interesting to see if the gap closes even more with an M.2 SATA drive instead of a 2.5" one. I went NVME because the 970 Evo happened to be on a good sale when I was parts shopping and I liked the form factor, but I haven't been totally convinced it makes any tangible performance difference either.

>all ssds are 4-5 times cheaper than sata ssds were 5 years ago
Just buy what you feel like buying.

>real life scenarios
You mean casualfag games.

Although anyone who looked at the disk activity in your average games/programs shouldn't be surprised by this.

>It'd be interesting to see if the gap closes even more with an M.2 SATA drive instead of a 2.5" one.

It will not because there is literally no difference between these except the packaging.

>muh gaymes

Attached: 951.png (474x711, 90K)

>real life scenarios
>literally the opposite of reality

>top end expensive SSDs make your sysem launch applications faster goy
>this test shows that NVME dosn't make the most asset heavy applications launch significantly faster
>HURRRRR

games are about the heaviest applications there are and represent the second best use case for the nvme ssds with the first being large file transfer.

> launch applications faster
implying NVMe speed is only for application loading time
DURRRR

Attached: hurr-durr-17855291.png (500x522, 41K)

>games are about the heaviest applications there are

No, for disk usage they aren't.

"System Responsiveness"tm is the sole selling point of the SSDs for the general purpose user.

Editing raw 4k video is about the only use case that NVME benefits significantly.

Really? What is heavier except ANSYS which only needs to read the larde pre file once anyway?

vidya is easily 50% of consumer tech, more like 80% in the desktop PC space. what else is there? TVs, phones, web apps, misc gadgets?

It's no surprise really.
The randoms on NVMe and SATA are pretty much the same.
Only drive that actually dramatically improves on this aspect is Optane, but it's like 5x the price of other drives of similar size.

Video games are the only reason tech moves forward. That and war.

Audio/video processing when it's not CPU-limited, like e.g. loading a timeline.

well, let's have another war then.

Attached: 1480286984294.png (500x560, 16K)

Sure, but it's a highly specialized task most people never do.

An all out world war 4 would easily solve all of the modern social issues the advanced countries are suffering from.

That's why most people won't see any visible benefits from NVMe.

Then again, the price difference isn't that big either when the entire PC is considered.

>real life scenarios
>gaming load times

Why not test it with shit that really matters like data analysis on TBs of sparse data?